Indian meal - help!

lumpyandbumpy

Silver Member
hello!

im out all day on saturday for the rugby and my friends are planning to go for a curry in the night. i'm staying at one of my friends so i would have to go to the restaurant with them. although if I stayed really strong i could probably resist temptation but i cant see me getting through the meal without eating anything so i wondered if anyone could suggest a protein based dish i could have which would limit the damage??

i'm not having rice, chips, naan bread, etc as i know they are the devil incarnate to ketosis! i was just thinking of having a chicken dish like tikka or curry but i'm not even sure how much carb content would be in those. i know a korma is defo out of the question as its very creamy but ideally if anyone can suggest something that would be a great help!! :eating: xx

lumpyandbumpy said:
hello!

im out all day on saturday for the rugby and my friends are planning to go for a curry in the night. i'm staying at one of my friends so i would have to go to the restaurant with them. although if I stayed really strong i could probably resist temptation but i cant see me getting through the meal without eating anything so i wondered if anyone could suggest a protein based dish i could have which would limit the damage??

i'm not having rice, chips, naan bread, etc as i know they are the devil incarnate to ketosis! i was just thinking of having a chicken dish like tikka or curry but i'm not even sure how much carb content would be in those. i know a korma is defo out of the question as its very creamy but ideally if anyone can suggest something that would be a great help!! :eating: xx

Tandoori chicken starter ask for it with salad xxxx good luck x

Hi ya,

I have had a few Indian's since starting cambridge.. But all you can really have like said, Is chicken Tikka starter with Salad.
The Shaslik is also a good option but you get more than 80g of Breast.
Any curry will be made in sauce and these have high fat or Carb contents so should be avoided.
I really enjoyed my Chicken Tikka as it was a real treat.

fab thanks for the tips guys! i've looked at a few menus and it seems that either chicken tikka (dry) or tandoori chicken is the best option. one Indian also has garlic chicken as an option which is dry with salad so i may go for that option but all dishes have plenty of flavour so at least I know i'm not having something completely off plan! xx

Chicken tika from the starter menu with salad, no sauce.

I had chicken tikka last time I went, and asked the restaurant to do it on a bed of spinach rather than rice. It worked really well.

did you find the tikka very dry to eat with just water? i'm worried i'll be tempted to have a spoonful of someones curry to help it go down easier!!

I had chicken tikka main with salad and I will confess I had the mint sauce (yoghurt based) and I stayed in ketosis and lost weight. I think you will be fine with that (and it was lovely and moist). It is such a strict diet you need to have planned events and as long as they don't open the flood gates and make you continue off plan. Enjoy! Jayne

Back