********ing snow getting in the way of my exercise!

roundrachel

Silver Member
Don't get me wrong - I love the snow. Spent the beginning of the week in Sheffield and made some great snowmen.

But it means I can't go running outside!!

I've been doing 7 miles a day most days up until it started snowing. Then I had to go to the gym and do it on a treadmill for fear of breaking my neck.

I managed to do 10 miles outside today althought there were a few slippery bits. It's so much easier on the road. and so much nicer to be outside. I can't stop because I have to get home. On a treadmill I can just step off it!

And I've just looked outside and it's blizzard again. I love it ....but I can it just stay off the pavements for me? xx

I'm having the same problem, the snow has majorly fecked up my training as it's been really bad here. The paths haven't cleared at all so haven't managed a run in over a week now :(.

I'm still at the building up my walking - and I have to admit, being pulled by the dog down a hill on the fields was not amusing because of a nice ice patch!

Although seeing him jump into a puddle covered in ice and going through did make me chuckle!

Back