Insomnia

Debs1972

MiniMins Addict
Anyone suffer with insomnia, if so what remedies do you use? I take Nytol but these are supposed to be taken occassionally and can be addictive.

So I only take it every other day, hence I have not been to sleep as yet and it is 10.15am and I have been up 24 hrs nearly :cry:

Good job I am currently off work

Debs1972 said:
Anyone suffer with insomnia, if so what remedies do you use? I take Nytol but these are supposed to be taken occassionally and can be addictive.

So I only take it every other day, hence I have not been to sleep as yet and it is 10.15am and I have been up 24 hrs nearly :cry:

Good job I am currently off work

Have u been watching food doctor they are going to talk about food for helping with insomnia one week, so might b worth checking out channel 4 website xxx

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Coffee and lucozade :) ive not been to sleep in over 3 weeks, i have an hour on the sofa in afternoon but its like my body clock is f#@~ed and set to sleep at 12pm and wake at 1pm. i am exhausted yet i keep finding energy to keep going. not looking forward to the esb (electric) bill coming at end of week.

Good luck and hopefully you get some proper sleep soon xx

I used to suffer terribly, really badly but a few things helped me

1) their is an app/cd deep sleep by Andrew Johnson, listen for 3 weeks and its supposed to help us get back into good sleep habits, can recommend this personally

2) avon sleep spray and balm

Chamomile tea or horlicks is easy and cheap to get your hands on and relaxes you. A nice hot bath maybe and let yourself wind down.

I do think that habits are important and worth looking at your good/bad ones. Another thing to try and do is see if you can get rid of the anxiety (which i know we all have!) when you cant sleep. I try to use music to help - if awake either going to sleep or during night then i put classical music on and listen in bed in the dark. My theory is that i'm at least resting and that helps me to relax. Somehow saying "its ok" to be awake means it's more likely i get some sleep! Good luck
Xxx

These days I only get a good night if I have a couple if glasses of wine - but that's bit good for my health or the diet!

I finally sleep of a night now but it took my fella being in hospital for 4 days and going to and from the hosp twice a day and running around doing all the usual daily stuff to knock me out at 10 (the day he got out) and wake at 7 the next day and was that way for about 10 days and now i go to sleep around now and wake at 9 :) feel loads better for it.

No longer stressing over stuff helps too.

Vix

There's a brilliant substance called melatonin but it's not fully licenced in the UK. Which is madness as you can buy it over the counter all over Europe!! Over here it's mostly used for disabled kids who struggle to sleep (autism ADHD etc) but its very very effective on adults too. Worth a google ;)

I do not sleep well at all. I swim as part of my fitness plan and I often go to the pool on no or a few hours sleep. My problem is my stamina I can literally stay awake for days. I feel like crap but I will stay awake. I have had stuff from the doc that works but I feel so hungover the next day having a swim is out of the question so it looks like I will need to stay off them. But I hate this feeling :(

Legomom said:
There's a brilliant substance called melatonin but it's not fully licenced in the UK. Which is madness as you can buy it over the counter all over Europe!! Over here it's mostly used for disabled kids who struggle to sleep (autism ADHD etc) but its very very effective on adults too. Worth a google ;)

Holland and barrat sell this, pricey though!
Does it work well? Bought it for my son but he hasn't used it yet.

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

My secret: Valerian extract
It comes in a liquid and you drop some in water (doesn't taste of anything!) a half hour before bedtime.
It's 100% herbal and non addictive and believe me it WORKS. Me and my fiance now call it my "sleepy water".

Back