Inspiration

rosie kate

Hello again ladies!

So I've been hanging around this forum for the past few days, reading old posts and new.

Well, it got me thinking. There are some amazing stories on here! And amazing people!

You are all an absolute inspiration and some of your weightlosses are phenomenal but better than that, is that you're all so incredibly supportive of each other - even if it means dishing out a bit of tough love now and then.

Anyway, I guess I started this thread to find out what inspires the inspirational (ie. you lot)?

xx

Inspiring me? At the moment, not an an awful lot!

But I often take a look at the WEMITTs pages to put things into perspective.

Miss KD on here
those on VLCD that have lost loads of weight
someone Yambabe & Miss D & I know that lost 9 stone last year on LL

If you go into the success stories or CD bits of the forum you will find a poster called Blonde Logic.

She was the first of our circle of internet friends to do a VLCD, and lost over 10 stone on LL in less than a year.

Another, much closer, friend then also did LL last year, and as maggie said lost 9 stone in as many months. This was not just an internet friend though, it was a friend that I have known personally for several years now and see fairly regularly and it was really amazing to see her change over the course of the diet.

Both of these ladies inspired me to have a go myself, and I'm really glad that I have their advice and support behind me as well as the company of some other friends (*waves to magggie & Miss D*) who are running alongside me so to speak.

And now I have the rest of you too. Whether you want me or not.....:D

If you go into the success stories or CD bits of the forum you will find a poster called Blonde Logic.

She was the first of our circle of internet friends to do a VLCD, and lost over 10 stone on LL in less than a year.

Oh! ohhhh.... Oh! *and the penny drops with an alarming thud*

I'll go looky later...

Another, much closer, friend then also did LL last year, and as maggie said lost 9 stone in as many months. This was not just an internet friend though, it was a friend that I have known personally for several years now and see fairly regularly and it was really amazing to see her change over the course of the diet.

Not 'arf. Innit.

holy crap! i just checked out that slideshow! :O That's amazing, and has kinda brought a bit of a competitive streak out! Damn it, I will reach goal!

Actually, I hadn't seen it until you mentioned it. Just had a look, it's pretty captivating.

And I second every word you say - esp the first two... ;)

I had a few '**** me!' moments when watching that.

One observation - doesn't everyone look younger in the 'after' photos?

I have several things inspiring me - I want to look good for me; I feel happier and healthier when I'm lighter; I love shopping for clothes and want to be able to walk into any shop without wondering if my boobs, hips or thighs are going to be too big to fit; My doctor is scary and shouts at me when I go for my pill check and I'm overweight; I'm getting married in a year and we want to try for a baby soon afterwards - I figure being healthy and fit might make that a smoother process; My best mate recently lost 3 and a half stone on LL to look good for my wedding (in which she is Chief Bridesmaid/maid of honour) and has inspired me to make sure I look my best on the day too.

For me, its the combination of getting married, wanting to concieve straight away but also a big part of it is wanting to get my life back - I don't want to hide away and worry if i bump into people who knew me slimmer.

red77-that is such a shame, but then I look at my life & realise I do that too. saved loads of money staying in though :D :D
Pinkyeyes-
Your Doctor ought to be ashamed of themselves
how is shouting at you going to help?
is it becasue the highest level of suicides come from Dr's, so who are they to tell how to run otehr peoples lives? they may be skinny but ...
grrrr

I have a daft one-I have my washer & dryer in my small pantry, & I would like to fit in there with my washing basket & be able to turn around without knocking stuff off the shelves above with my ar$e

:D

My one seems pretty daft now. I'm only really doing this cos I'm on stage bouncing around in a rock band and I would like all of me to stop bouncing at the same time...ie not my stomach or arse doing a bouncing solo for 5mins after I've stopped.

My one seems pretty daft now. I'm only really doing this cos I'm on stage bouncing around in a rock band and I would like all of me to stop bouncing at the same time...ie not my stomach or arse doing a bouncing solo for 5mins after I've stopped.

Daft? sounds reasonable to me... ;)

I'm a sell-out, Miss D! I wouldn't bother dieting if I wasn't an *artiste* :p

Well, let's face it, it's good for ya *sigh*.

If it's any comfort, I feel a bit of a sell-out too from the 'Actually I'm OK, it's clearly you that has the problem with the size of my ar$e' Sisterhood. But apparently, arthritis isn't a whole load of fun. Sadly I'm not 19-and-indestructible anymore, except for in my head.

*Sigh* we know it's the right thing to do...

Back