Intriduction phase ?

munchbunch

Gold Member
Been reading up & I'm wondering if the 2 weeks introduction plan is 500 ish cal each day for the full two weeks as it isn't clear on the website

Or do you initially start doing one day 500 next day 1500 and so on ... Thankyou x

P.s spelt introduction wrong & can't change it
( blush ) Lol

Hi and welcome to the wonderful world of JUDDD :)

The intro phase in the book is all about being very strict, 2 slimfast alikes a day every other day with ordinary food in between. No consecutive slimfast alike days... he says don't try a Down Day unless the preceding day if fully Up!

BUT... if you read round here you will find that many people started at different points, depending on what diet they had been in before, I think.

Don't get hung up on the rules, as I seem to be typing a lot these days, there is only one: eat your calories!

So when you begin use the calculator numbers or just do 500 : 2000 and read round here to see how others did it! You may need to change your kcals (I added 200kcals for a week until I got used to it) you may need to change when you eat, I went from 3 small meals to just one. Others eat very differently.

From here I can say that for me it was working sticking with :)

Good luck

Okay, its real easy, 500 or under on your DD, no 2 DD s together you need to be fuelled before undergoing a DD, 1500 is not enough on an UP day , its too low, you need the swing between feast and famine , 500/2000 is the general rule of thumb that works for the majority, DD are the magic days so do your best to stick to them , don't worry too much about going over on your UP days I regulary do lol, You can do 2 UP days if you like a lot of us do set DD s usually M,W,F as DD then UP t,th and sat and sun, and still lose weight its a fairly forgiving diet. The most important thing to remember is to stick to your DD cals and you are not dieting on your UP days so eat your cals , good luck.
I have been Juddding now for 18 weeks and can genuinely say it has changed my life and relationship with food forever x

ETA you can up your DD cals after the induction phase (during which you can eat any foods doesn't have to be shakes just make sure you know the cals of everything you put in your mouth and don't forget to count in your milk !) but as 500 and under are optimum for weightloss I don't know of anyone who has , the DD s get easier as you go along and you will find that you can get by just fine on 500 or under x

Thankyou that's fantastic

I'm actually doing slim and save for the next 4 weeks and a break for a weekend away my plan

when I come back is to try judd when I come back and see if I can loose the rest of my weight with this , over the next few weeks al be popping back and forth & I think I need to have a read of the book in that time iv heard a few people talking about this diet & I think I need to investigate a little more :) Thankyou for your help x

Back