Introductions

Hey Crimson! Ive got about 2 stone to lose so around about the same as you! aww thats lovely being in a comfortable relationship! :)
Im not on a diet really am just watching what i eat and writing it down, making healthier choices really. Im 19 so will be good to chat!
x

Ace! sounds like we're pretty similar. I was told by my boyfriend not to worry it happens to everyone in relationships.. getting to that stage now (coming up to a year) but it makes me chuckle the thought of going to his parents house and not eating a thing because I was so nervous, to happily packing away a massive chinese at his lol! :cry:

haha aww bless! well thats lovely hes happy with you! but i know what its like you have to be happy with urself! Ive noticed theres not alot of action going on here! lol. ive gone to the calorie counting section( even tho im not really counting calories lol) but lots of nice people there too! should have a browse! xx

Hi !!! Can I join the Healthy Eating Party ??

Hi everyone !!

I'm a newbie, well to Minimins, not to dieting ( sigh )

I am in my early fabulous forties, a Vegetarian of nearly 27 years, and a yo yo dieter for what seems like forever !!!

I follow a healthy low fat diet with some treats along the way and really want to break through my own brick wall weight of 15 stone, and I 'm getting close to it again * taps on the bricks....hmmm think I'm going to need a sledgehammer *

I'm British but live in America, and still trying to dodge the massive portions served here !!!!!

Can't think of anything else to say at the mo, except HELLO !!!!

Hi all,
Not sure I feel right about posting here, as Im actually back to WW. Decided I needed that extra push as I am going to see a consultant about a boob reduction, so need to get BMI down. I am still eating healthily, and make the majority of my meals from scratch.
Welcome to all the newbies. I hope you find this forum a helpful and supportive one. Personally, I wouldnt be where I am on my WL journey if it wasnt for here.
x

Just thought I'd say hello. Seem to be lots of different ''rooms'' on here & think most of my posts have been lost in the wrong area! lol!
Just wondering - does anyone ever read anyones Blog? I've noticed a lot of people seem to start a diary thread instead?

Just saying hi to you all in the healthy eating forum :)

Im feeling positive that this time is going to be the one. Change my lifestyle, change my health, change my weight... healthy eating ftw :p

Hey Clarri, I was just wondering wondering about your diet ' WW with healthy eating' I must admit ive been eating some weightwatcher meals to help me lose a few pounds, also it helps fills me up throughout the day. So i was wondering what do you do? :)

To be honest, I dont like the ready meals. What I mean is I am following ww, but cooking as healthily as possible. You know how easy it is to eat unhealthily on wW. Ok you dont get as much, but its still easy to do.

Does this make sense??
x

Oh right i see what you mean. Thats a good idea! Thanks for answering.

Hi i'm a 43 a mum of 2 grown up daughters and 2 granchildren (1 girl & 1 boy), i dont have a huge amount to loose but i have the typical middle age spread around the tum and i'm larger than i feel comfortable with, i'd like to shed a stone or a bit more and feel healthy at the same time :)

Hello :)

My names KK and I'm a 24 year old mother of three.
I've tried all sorts of diets since I was 18 (after I had my first child), but none of them suited me at all.
At the moment I'm trying to lose the 2 stone I put on while pregnant with my last child. I'm really hoping that a healthy lifestyle will get me where I want to be.

I have a question. I have problems with my hips so I can only do certain exercises, mainly walking. I walk between 1-3 hours per day, do you think that by eating well and walking I'll be able to shift the lbs?

:)

KK x

Hi KK and welcome,wow 3 kids ! I bet you are on the go all day!!! I use walking as my main form of exercise, trying to walk at least four times per week. I use a Treadmill and the local parks and trails near my home... Do you wear a pedometer ?? This is a good thing to use as it really helps you 'see' how many steps you have done on your walk, and what to aim for. I only wear it for the walking as I'm aiming for about 3 to 6 miles each time, if I can ! That with a low cal, low fat diet ( I'm a Veggie ) I am seeing a gradual drop in weight..... Maybe 3 or 4 lbs per month, but that's ok with me as I have a terrible history for yo-yoing !!!!!

Lots of luck !!!!!

Diva x

Hi I'm Melz. I work full time and have 2 children. I have 5 stone to lose and have recently tried a vlcd. I lost 11 lbs in the first week but it wasn't for me. I cycled in to work and it nearly killed me. I don't want to not be able to exercise and am fed up of dieting so have decided to stop giving myself such a hard time and just chill out about it and just eat healthily which will benefit me and my family.

Hello all,

My name is Kat I am 29 and I'm a food-a-holic!! :wave_cry:

Slowly but surely over the last 4 years my weight has crept up from 9 stone 3lbs to 12 stone 1lb. As it was over the course of such a long time it kind of went unnoticed (sort of!) but once the scales tipped the 12 stone mark I knew the time had come to do something about it. I tried Slimming World which did help me lost half a stone but then I put that back on on my holidays! :rolleyes:

Then I started exercising - doing Bootcamp 3 times a week and it is the best thing I ever did! :D It has totally changed my mentality and my relationship with food - I no longer binge (that much) as I know how hard I have worked and don’t want it to all be for nothing. So now I am 11 stone 7lbs and losing - and it feels great! Have got to say it's a slow, gradual loss but think that's better than massive unsustainable losses all at once.

So I think I have finally found the right balance and have started doing what I always knew was the right thing (but seemed so hard for so long!) - move more, eat less!! :)

So HELLO HEALTHY EATERS! I look forward to chatting to you all x x

Hi guys,

I've been healthy eating since january and lost nearly 6 stone.

only 1 stone to go :)

Hi everyone,

just wanted to say a quick hello, as I think this is the Forum for me. I've been eating healthier and exercising more since last summer, though I did go back to my old ways a little in the past month or so. But here I am starting again! :)

Basically I just try to eat healthy, no prepared foods but making it all myself, and buying as much organic as I can - not avoiding fat or carbs, but keeping it all in proportion. Try to get in enough veggies and fruits, and good fats - and enough exercise.

I'm trying to make changes I can live with in the long term. Since I have so much to lose, there's no way I can keep up with a strict diet of any kind for long, and keeping it up for a long while is the key to losing that weight!

Looking forward to getting to know you all better. :)

Hi Everyone!
I just registered today, having lurked around for a few weeks. I am trying to lose 2.5 stone by August so fingers crossed. I'm 34, have one child and work part-time.
I've done every diet under the sun and lost the most on WW. I think that I think about food waaay too much when I'm on a diet so I'm going to try to cook up 3 healthy, filling meals a day and start exercising again. I reckon that I'll allow myself one treat night a week (when I lose my first stone). I'm looking forward to chatting with you all and hopefully swapping recipes!

Hiya!

I just wanted to introduce myself and hopefully hang out in here! :rolleyes:

I was planning on returning to WW but have decided to just try to use a mixture of ww, SW and healthy eating, along with exercise to lose weight. Personally i want to change my relationship with food so that i can lose weight and stay slimmer for the rest of my life, and i realise that i have to change my life to do that not just rely on counting points forever!

So i'm hoping to drop about 48lbs by cooking from WW/SW recipes, swapping high fat for low fat, cutting out the binges on cakes and biscuits (and everything else calorific!), drinking more water, eating more fruit and veg and lean meats and by doing more exercise (mainly zumba and walking). How does that sound?

The reasons i want to lose weight are that i feel like my body is crying for help, and that i want to feel confident and dare i say it sexy again!
I will start a diary here to record my journey and i hope that i can be a source of support for others who feel the same as me.

Back