Introductions

hi everybody, i'm sarah, i'm 31 and i can't get my head around al the rules in dieting!
i'm keeping a food diary and exercising to tv workouts plus digging on my allotment.

the food diary is keeping me honest abnout my habits and i notice that afternoons are my danger time - i get really carb snacky and working in the home makes that even harder to be disciplined about!

i'm so pleased to find a section on minimins that's just about healthy eating and not a 'plan'
my plan is to choose fresh healthy food for meals and snacks and enjoy less healthy but still delicious food without feeling guilty, because i know that if i'm active and drinking plenty of water (not drinking enough is another BAD habit of mine, since i was a kid) my body will be balanced and healthy - at the moment i'd like to be 12st 7bs and we'll see after i get there <3

so nice to see such a supportive forum btw - lots are viscious!
:D

Hiya!
I'm Marie and I'm a uni student :) I've vowed that I will not diet ever again, and instead learn to love and accept my self, Since doing so I've lost almost 10 kgs :)

Hi everyone:)
I am following a 'healthy eating, controlling portions, make sensible choices etc and moving my fat ass more' self devised plan which I started last Monday
:)
However I do like the 'red' day feature of Slimming World so I suppose my plan will feature plenty of red and white meat and fish (all ok as long as its all lean and cooked without the aid of fats/oils and you ensure you have limited carbs on those days)
Anyway..started last Monday so first w.i. in tomorrow morning so hopefully there will be a loss. Good luck to everyone else with their weigh-ins this week:)

hello eternal optimist :) good luck with your plan and how did the weigh in go?

I lost 4lbs so am very happy with that:) However, I am great starter but a crap finisher:( so will really need to keep focused. How has your week been?

Well done x my weeks going ok so far bit given as its only Tuesday anything could happen lol x

New

Hi everyone

I am new on here. I to am trying to eat healthy and view this as a life changing and not just a diet. I hate that word. I use a portion control plate I just eat what I like but less of it.

How do I start a diary do I have to wait until I have done so many postings.

Chrissy:)

Hi everyone

- I'm Alex, 20 years old.. going to be posting on this board for the foreseeable future so thought I'd give a quick introduction.

Been a crazy year, and a life changing year, I started the year at 20 stone, and currently sitting at 13 stone, hoping to settle around the 12stone 7lbs mark.

I'll be the first to admit I probably didn't lose weight in the healthiest of ways (severe calorie deficit) which I really don't recommend, but it worked. Truth is, the closer you get to your goal weight, the more you tend to stall and binge.. (gained a few lbs).

I'm in no rush to drop the last few pounds as being fairly tall - 6ft 3inch, I don't look or feel unhealthy, but due to being into weight lifting I'm trying to lose the last few % of body fat, so I won't be too upset if the scales stay the same but body composition changes :)

Sorry to go on.. Just wanted to give you a background as to where I've come from.. and where I want to go!

Look forward to getting to know you all :)

Hi all, this is what I have been looking for. I want to change my eating and exercise habits for the better and 'I' need to be in control not a book or a CD.
It's going well so far and I feel a lot more energetic and focused.
Congratulations to everyone joining here, I'm sure we can all come up with some great exercise and healthy eating ideas.
Downtown

Hi all
Just been having a look around the forum and thought I'd join in.
I'm a terrible self sabotager if the word diet is involved! Ive been eating healthy for a while now and trying to do this in a low GI way but sometimes I feel there are just too many rules and all i want is simple wholesome healthy food.
Think I'll keep coming over and having a look seen as your all doing so well :)

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Hi all!
I'm really liking what I read here and hope I can join in. I've tried so many diets over the years and I seem to just get bigger & bigger. My latest thing has been counting calories since Christmas. I've been feeling quite hungry and I've got to the stage where I don't believe I should be 'counting' fruit or vegetables anymore.
My new plan is to eat when I'm hungry and just stop when I'm full..simple as that, lol.
I'm going to search out healthy recipes and try lots of new foods. I'm going to exercise when I can.
No more guilt about food!!

Hello all!

Have been on various parts of this site during my many forays into dieting. None of which have worked! So am aiming for healthy eating as a permanant thing rather than a quick fix diet. I know my diet is appalling so will be working hard on getting back to basics - more fruit and veg, more home cooking rather than relying on processed rubbish.

Wish me luck!

Hi Bumblebum! (Cool name!)

Best of luck with the healthy eating. I just started yesterday and it feels like a weight has lifted off my shoulders regarding counting calories/points. I wasn't even hungry yesterday, which is surprising. Hope you do really well and see a big difference in your health and your waistline!!

New to this forum (but not to losing weight)

Hi everyone

Am new to this forum but have been a member of minimins for quite a few months.

Wont bore u all with it but im 42 and have been dieting since I was 11 - done just about every diet going plus some downright "weird" ones I devised myself!

Have been doing SW (yet again) for 14 wks. I have lost, in total, 13 lbs..however I lost 9lbs in my first week and only 4 since. Totally at the stage where Im fed up of counting calories/syns/points etc and stressing about it.

Since I turned 40 Im finding it increasingly hard to lose weight - I started exercising about 8 wks ago and really enjoying it, my body is looking and feeling different and Im getting positive comments about it.

Have come to decision that Im not returning to group or following any plan/diet. I do think the SW plan is a good one, but I hate feeling Im being "told" to do something, and I seriously think Im sabotaging my weight loss by rebelling against that and hence not sticking to plan (ooh Im a bad girl hee-hee) :D:D:D

So for me Im going to eat healthily, using what Ive learned from SW, but Im not counting anything and continue with the exercise. I also have recently started to find that If I eat rubbish, I feel terrible the next day, so thats a good incentive to eat healthily.

Ohh it feels so good not to have to stress about what Im going to eat to "fit" in with some plan/diet. I have read several things about how not restricting yourself to anything actually leads to better food choices. I suppose if its not "banned" you dont crave it as much, as you give yourself permission to have it if you want it :D

Im going to weigh in Tuesday mornings (was at boyfriends this morning, no scales).

Good luck to everyone.

My goal is to get to 10.7 by 9th August (in time for a weekend away and my birthday on the 13th)

Hi I'm Anne and I am 53 and have two grown up children and I have been struggling with my weight for the last 13 years. I have done WW successfully in the past but can't get on with the new plan. I didn't do too well on SW as I ate too many free foods.

Since the start of the year I have read practically every diet book going and have basically been following low GI principles. I haven't lost much weight but feel better.

Evening everyone, hope your all ok. My name is Katie and i have been a member of minimins for a while now, although, i haven't post for ages. I have tried, and join the major slimming clubs more times than i care to remember...seriously, i am a serial joiner of clubs.. but it just hit me today that every time i try to diet, the more i end up weighing when i fail. anyway, had a bit of a light bulb moment today, decided to alter my way of life so, instead of endlessly worrying about points or their alternatives, will re vamp my lifestyle , and try to incorporate more exercise into my day to day routines. Hope to speak to you all soon. Take care Kateyb x

I'm all about eating healthy rather than being set to a strict diet of can't eat this or can't eat that. Though even eating healthy you can't eat 2000 or more calories a day in healthy food and not gain weight lol. Over the years I've retaught myself by myself how to eat healthy and portions.

really glad to see sensible eating forum here. I've tried and hated diets, the whole concept of enforced rules just sends me into rebel mode.
I don't have any goal weight in mind, just to getting healthier.
I think the GI /GL stuff is best of the lot for me, but not into counting, or getting fixated. Being mindful of enjoying food and eating appropriately is good for me.

Back