Irish Molly's 2011 Diary

4/2food today :
B: 50g porridge/ coffee/ 750 mls water
L: chicken wrap/ couscous salad / cappuccino. I left half the tortilla and eat all the contents.
D: lentil dhal , yoghurt, apple
Snacks: crunchie, slice fruit cake

05//02 well I managed a STS this week thankfully as i was up 2lbs mid week. I'm glad I pulled it back. I'd like a loss but I am not trying too hard at the moment. Must psyche myself up to do better. I know my main meals are pretty ok and portion sizes are fine too. I have cut back snacking but not enough.
Hope everyone is doing well.

Well done on the STS Molly, atleast it isn't in the plus direction :) x

7/2 well yesterday was definitely a 20% day!! In other words a bit of a blowout but then again that's what life is all about. Today is more in control so far.
B: coffee / two rye crispbreads
L: cappuccino and small Nakd berry bar
D: mixed bean spicy stew / apple and yoghurt
Snacks: hopefully very little!!
Updated snacks: pear / fruit scone/ mikado bickies.

Last edited:
8/2 I'm not having a good GL day today. Have had way too much wheat and bread
B: porridge, tea, toast and marmalade
L : two big slices of wholmeal bread , too many Ginger nuts. I kid myself thatvthey are ok at 45 cals.
D: smoked salmon salad
I've run out of healthy bars and am eating too many wheat biscuits. That's my excuse!

Oh god what is it about Ginger nuts that are sooooo moreish?!!! :giggle:

Weird thing is, before TFR I did not have a sweet tooth. I should have had shares in a crisp factory though. Since finishing TFR last march I have had a total of about six packets of crisps. But I have so taken to biscuits and chocolate. This is possibly because OH has them and I tend to share. I'm gonna have to lose this sweet tooth asap.

12/02 hi everyone and hope you are all doing well.
My weigh in this morning was another STS so that's not too bad given that I am still snacking a bit too much. Over the last four weeks I am down a pound so that's good given that there have been times when the scales were deffo going in the wrong direction. GL and keeping an eye to overall calorie count works very well for me. I pretty much avoid bread, potato, pasta and rice and do not miss them either. Anytime I do have them it is in very small quantities.
I have developed a taste for chocolate since Xmas so need to watch that!! I'd like to knock off four or five pounds just to keep me in the middle of my preferred range of 170-180.
On a positive note, I was at a party last week and wore a fab tight dress that got me a huge number of compliments. I actually look a lot thinner than I am which is a bonus. The effort of losing weight and maintaining is so worth it when you get such fab compliments and you feel so good about yourself.

19/2 luckily another STS week. I've cut back on snacking and therefore avoided a gain. I'm glad to be managing a STS because as I've said before I take no exercise to speak of. I'm almost a year maintaining my TFR losses using GL. I have also taken off another 39 lbs too so GL really does work.
I hope everyone has a good week.

Sounding brilliant Molly well done on almost reaching your year milestone. Its a great feeling isnt it! :) xx

Yeah Tanya, keeping the weight off is a fantastc feeling. I so do not want to let myself get back to where I was in Sept 09. For me, between 170 and 180 is a feasible weight to maintain. Even at my fittest in my twenties, I was never a skinny minnie so it is unrealistic to think I could achieve that at this stage of my life!!!!
Here's hoping we can keep maintaining!!!!!!

Thanks Emmaline. I got to my final goal of 180 last August. I lost another few pounds taking me to 171 for a while. I've gained a few pounds over winter but am happy to be maintaining at 179 for the last few weeks.
You are doing well too and seem to be nearly half way there!!!! It's worth the effort to lose it!!

26/2 a STS week again. Eating a bit more lately of refined carbs. Have to be honest and say whilst I enjoy eating them my system feels the worse for it. Cakes biscuits, White bread etc leave my digestive system very sluggish. I also feel more lethargic. So deffo need to be a better GL girl!!

You are doing really well maintaining, how long have u been maintaining for now- I can't wait to be a maintainer!!!

I moved over from a TFR diet about this time last year. Without much effort I managed to lose another 39 lbs. I keep stressing to everyone that whilst my losses on GL were slow at maybe 1- 3 lbs I am very inactive. I am maintaining my current weight since the end of August last year. I was down to 169, so have put on a few lbs but I'm at the upper end of the range I am happy to be in which us between 170 and 180.
You will knock off the weight in no time. Let GL become your way of life. Have an 80/20 rule and allow yourself a little slack now and again. You won't feel you are dieting just have a different lifestyle.

Well u seem to have totally adapted to ur new way of life and lost the old diet mentality - that's where I want to be, I don't really care how slow I lose the weight, if I could just forget about losing weight and live normally with a healthy lifestyle iykwim. My problem is I'm a devil for the old trap - 'I've blown it, I'll start tomorrow .......'

Don't fret. I'm no saint either, I have days or a week where I lose focus a little. I then get back on track. The 80/20 rule us so important.
While you are on your 30 day shred try and take time to think about food and your relationship with it. It will help avoid the yo yo cycle.

04/03 Hi Everyone. I've managed another STS week.. However, I would like to drop a few pounds to be more in the middle of my tolerance range. Finding it hard to do that at the moment. Apart from food that may also be due to meds I am on at present which cause weight gain!!! So I am fighting on two fronts!!
Just had a few evenings where I got a bit munchy. I swear that this happens when I have had much in the way of carbs.
here is to a little loss next week if I am good enough!!

Well done on the STS!!! Good luck with a wee loss next week :)

Back