Irish Molly's 2011 Diary

Thanks all for checking in and your good wishes. Yep, I'm suffering with some form of chronic pain. As yet, no diagnosis so just taking pain meds and keeping quiet. I get bad headaches so I'm not on line much either.
Diet wise, I'm doing well enough. I've been on and off steroids so they make me gain a bit of weight. I've been up and down a few pounds. Overall, I still feel in control with the odd breakout on chocolate or just overeating of healthy GL foods.
I need to update my signature but it's too long, so will update it again when I'm a bit more focused.
will update soon again.

Hope you're soon back on top form Molly! x

Welcome back. Hope you get better soon!:)

Thanks everyone for good wishes. I'm on steroids so feeling an inevitable gain. I won't bother weighing till I'm a bit better.
Foodwise, I'm not comfort eating which is a great improvement. In the past, sickness would be just the excuse id need to eat everything in sight. I credit the good GL combinations for preventing major breakouts of stuffing my face. Don't get me wrong, I'm no saint either but I am in control and that's the important thing.
Have a good week.

:( Sorry to hear that you're still not doing well Molly:(

It's hard to stay on track when the body is giving you a hard time. Though it's at least nice to hear that low GL is helping you stay on track. It's really inspirational that you are still staying in control with low GL :)

Hi Molly, you're in my thoughts. I hope you're doing ok, and I hope that your back will stop being mean to you :( Miss yah!

Thanks everyone. I'm still buggered with chronic pain. Fed up of consultants and their blooming fees!! Anyway, I won't complain.
Dietwise, I'm holding my own. I haven't weighed recently but clothes feel ok.
Keep strong everyone. Christmas is not far away, so we need to keep the pounds in check.

Oh dear Molly. So sorry to hear you're still suffering! Pain is so debilitating and exhausting! :( I DO hope you're able to get some relief soon :)
Very well done for holding your own under the circumstances. I don't think I'd be able to! xx

Thanks Jan. it is a bugger. I take the view that I'm not going to let pain scupper all my hard work. I put in a year long effort to lose weight. It would be a disaster for me to revert to comfort eating again. Nowadays, nine times out of ten, I can resist the call of comfort eating. I so want to try and keep it that way, if I can.
My strategy is to ask myself, will food make me feel better physically, will it lift me emotionally or am I genuinely hungry right now? Usually the answer is No to all three and the moment of temptation soon passes. Aside from that I will of course have my planned 20% treats!!!
We just gotta have treats or life would be too regimented.

Oh gosh yes - definitely!! Keep it up, you're doing great :) x

Sorry to hear that the chronic pain. Though it's great that you're still in control of your cravings:) You are Queen of low GL!

Molly, sorry to hear that you're still struggling with this pain. :( If it's muscular have you looked into any supplements etc to help ease it a little? Frustrating when the docs can't get to the bottom of things. :(

You're doing amazingly well to stick to your low GI guns in such trying times, good for you for making a conscious choice to continue eating well!

Thanks Plum. Yep, I've been down the supplements route, glucosamine, chondritin, fish oils etc. I have disk problems as well as muscular problems.
Hope you are feeling better.

Aw hope you get better soon Molly :) x

:vibes: Sending you my get well vibes!

CaliSweden said:
:vibes: Sending you my get well vibes!

Ah! Thank you sweetie. I feel better already!

Back