Irish Molly's GL Diary

Well done you!! How great to get the compliments too and sooo well deserved :D

I don't think it's bigheaded to feel good about these things - far from it! xx

So pleased for you! Must feel great to be getting positive feedback - but why is it we value the external so much more than the internal?!
Never mind, you've done so well and deserve all the recognition in the world! Hope my weigh in (wed) goes so well!

Just noticed you're only 1lb of target! WOW!! You've done soooo well & lost soooooo much - I'm not surprised people don't recognise you!!! :D:D xx

I know, I can't get used to myself sometimes, lol. It just goes to show how being so overweight radically alters your appearance. Unfortunately, no one ever tells you that! They think they might hurt your feelings. It is great to hear the compliments when you have reversed all the damage!!

Wow molly! Fantastic well done :) x

Hi molly

Well done on this week's weight loss. Sorry not writing sooner but been awol as you know.

Good for you getting back to that gorgeous figure! Well done.

x

Hi Irish Molly, could you tell me how you cook your Quinoa(don't know if I spelt that right LOL) as when I cooked it I didn't like it at all, maybe I did something wrong.....Thanks

Yep, cooking quinoa takes a couple of attempts to get right but basically you treat it like rice. I prepare three portions at a time as it will keep well in the fridge for 3 to 4 days.
For three portions I use 120grams of whole quinoa. You can use quinoa flakes too but these turn out more like semolina.
Put your 120grams in a pot with twice its volume of water.
Add a quarter of a low salt veg stock cube if you like.
Bring to the boil and leave uncovered to simmer for about ten minutes.
Check that the pan does not go dry. Top up with a little water from a boiling kettle.
Cook the quinoa till little white bits start to appear and at this stage all the water should be absorbed.
My advice is start with less water until you get the hang of how it cooks on your hob.
I divide this into three portions. For extra flavour you could add a tablespoon of sweet chilli sauce which gives it a lovely kick. Another idea is to add some fresh lemon juice and plenty of balck pepper.
I find quinoa a fab ingredient which can be used hot or cold and it is very filling.

27/08 Hi all. Have been having a good few days. Menus much as usual. Today so far:
Brekkie: usual porridge
Lunch: small salad with two slices ham,beetroot, red pepper, tomato, lettuce, onion and one small slice of homemade brown bread -no butter.
Dinner:Salmon, quinoa and veg. followed by strawbs and yoghurt.
Snacks were very bold!! Two crunchies and a small bar of milk chocolate

Last edited:
GOAL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I reached my goal. Now down two stone following GL. I intend to keep following GL as I feel so good on it. I may try to lose another few pounds just for a comfort level for fluctuations but it would be unrealistic to go lower as I could never maintain it. At my youngest and fittest I was only a half stone lighter than I am now.
I never feel deprived at all on GL and hopefully will never tire of living the GL way!!

GL Lipotrim and Minimins

GL Lipotrim and Minimins have been my saviours in the past year.
Just one year ago I began a journey that seemed impossible. I took it a day and a week at a time, setting myself small achievable goals.
I began at 294lbs or 21st.
I finished at 179lbs or 12 st 11lbs. (About my average adult weight)
I was a size 26/28
I'm now a size 14/16.
I have lost over 39% body fat and a total of 60.5 inches.
I started Lipotrim thinking I'd stick it for about six weeks. 26 weeks later I had lost 87lbs and 53.5ins.
I switched to GL hoping to lay down a good eating plan to maintain those losses and maybe lose a bit more.
24 weeks later I have maintained my LT loss and added another 28lbs and 7 inches to the total. I could have lost at a faster rate on GL if I followed it more strictly and had an exercise plan but I was in no hurry as GL is my plan for life.
Posting on Minimins and checking the progress of everyone on here was by far and away the key to the whole thing. When your resolve starts to weaken and you pop on here and either seek support or read that others are feeling the same then you gain the courage to battle on.
Thank you Lipotrim
Thank you GL esp Patrick Holford and Nigel Denby.
Most of all thank you Minimins for this site and all the fab people who post on here daily, weekly or just now and then.
You make the world a better place.

Last edited:
Congratulations!! Well done IM, I am so pleased for you. You are such an inspiration to the rest of us on here and a great support. You should be very proud of yourself!!

:talk017: :woohoo: :party0011: :banana dancer: :bunnydance:
:party0049: :party0038: :party0019:

Fantastic Molly!!!! Bloomin well done girl :D

I'm with you this site is my saviour it really is the best!

xxx

Congratuflippinlations girl!!! :D:D:D:D:

I'm so pleased and happy for you and you truly ARE an inspiration!!

I agree with everything you say about Minis - in fact you raised a tear here :eek:

Stay around though won't you!!??!! Place wouldn't be the same without you.

I hope you're suitably proud of yourself and enjoy having left your 'fat' days behind you :):):):D:D xxx

I agree with everything you say about Minis - in fact you raised a tear here :eek:

Stay around though won't you!!??!! Place wouldn't be the same without you

Snap :eek: :D

Prettypink, Jan and Tanya thanks for the lovely comments. Of course, I will stay on here as you often point out, it is staying on here that keeps you on track. IMO the support on Minimins is phenomenal and in addition to the personal grit and determination we all need to battle our weight issues the support of our fellow miniminners on here is the key to staying strong.

congrats molly, thats amazing!!! u should be so proud of urself!! uve def given me a bit of extra motivation to keep my head down and plow on, cos it will be worth it in the end.

Hang in there. Set yourself some mini goals. This really helps to keep you motivated. Build a picture in your head of what you want to look like at the end of your journey. I had a photo of me at a wedding back in the nineties and kept thinking how lovely it would be to look like that again. Guess what, I am back at the same size again. A few wrinkles but hell, it is twenty years ago!!

29/08 Well today is officially my weigh in day and I am glad to report that last week, week 52, of my journey to the old me has recorded a nice 3lb loss. I can officially record a 116lb loss in total over the last year.
Food yesterday was:
Brekkie: usual porridge/seed mix totalling 50g, coffee, 500mls water
Lunch: Salad with mixed leaves, beetroot, gherkin, red pepper, scallion, a slice of ham chopped, balsamic vin and pepper. 500 mls water, coffee.
Dinner: Large portion of maple glazed salmon steak with three baby pots,three pieces broccoli, 150g green beans, three cherry toms. Two glasses wine.
Snacks: Crunchie 185 cals, small bar choc 205 cals, harvest morn organic bar 94 cals. Note to self: NO MORE CRUNCHIES!!!
Roll on keeping the pounds at bay!!

Back