Irish Molly's GL Diary

I love sultanas. Why is it that everything I like is wicked?? Lol

:rotflmao:

19/09 Hi All. Have been having a relaxed weekend foodwise. Applying my 20% rule. I weigh every day and then have an "official" weigh in on a Sunday. On Fri morning I was down three pounds.
I had a bottle of wine between Firday and Saturday night. I also had a few slices of homemade wholewheat bread with plum jam. I had a couple of small chocolate bars as well. Overall portions sizes a little bit bigger. Enjoyed mself and today scales show a loss of just over a pound so will count it as one pound.
So, enjoyment does not have to equal a gain of all the potential week"s losses.

Bloomin marvellous mrs :) xxx

Thanks Girls. Feel a bit bloated to day. I think it is down to having extra wheat type products like bread and bickies etc!!! I am fast coming to the conclusion that wheat and me are not really the best of friends. Food today was not too bad. Had a couple of glasses of wine with lunch and had some fruit cake this evening as well. So feel a bit stodgy.
Have made a lentil curry to have tomorrow evening. I have a busy busy week so need to plan a bit foodwise.
Keep the faith everyone!

At least you still managed a loss. Just goes to show, you can indulge every now and then without ruining everything. With you on the wheat thing, don't think it likes me much either :(

Brilliant Molly!! Fandabidozee girl ;) You've deffo got it cracked :D xx

21/09 Hi all. I definitely realise that when you have a busy time, food planning is important as it is too easy to snack or just eat what seems handy at the time. This tends to bring back all too familiar habits of fancying the wrong foods like the nice chips in the canteen when I was late down today and not much else was left!! Well that was my excuse! Have to admit it was the first time in a very very long time that I had a portion of chips to myself. I usually pick one or two off someone else just for the taste but never a whole portion. Anyhow, they were lovely at the time but still feel bloated to night!!
I gave in too because I had not had nearly enough water all morning. Another mistake. Hope to be better behaved tomorrow though it is another long day.

Molly don't beat yourself up over a portion of chips girl!
But defo good idea to be prepared when you know you've a busy week :) x

22/09 Thanks Tanya, I just worry about that old slippery slope we all sit on top of waiting for the big slide!!
Another up and down day!! At least today when we got to the canteen even the chips were gone!! I had a picky kind of evening. I had a salmon salad which was fine if I could have left it at that. I went fridge grazing then and had a couple of slices of ham, then some cheese, then a couple of cherry toms, then a slice of bread!! If I had had them all together it might have been a bit more satisfying. THEN I had to have a few shortcake biccies. Oh well I stayed away from the wine and would love a glass just now. Not the best GL day ever but I'll do better tomorrow and hope everyone else does well too!

Hi Molly
Do you think it's cos the winter is coming in that it's making everyone more inclined to "graze"? The woodburner is on in our house for the second night in a row and the coldness makes me wanna comfort eat. The irish weather has a lot to answer for!

If you got to blame something (lol) I guess the weather is as good as anything. Yeah, the darker evenings and the miserable rain make me feel hemmed in and I roam around the house. In addition to which I have a lot on at work at present so I am carrying it in my head in the evenings.
That said, I did not graze too much tonight. Made a big bean curry and this was very filling. Then I had a few plums and a snack bar AND a few shortcake biscuits. I've got to try and keep to just two snacks a day!!

Defo blame the weather! It's cold outside and all I wana do is sit down with a hot chocolate and yummy biccies! Hehe xx

^^^^^ so with u on that one. My idea of heaven is: fire crackling away, jamas on, bucket of milky hot choc and a never ending assortment of biccies. That and a decent tv listing for the night. Bliss :) no wonder I had to tfr!!!!!! X

Girls, my week went to pot dietwise. Been slipping a bit every day and today went awry altogether. I started off well with usual porridge. Lunch started with good intentions. I shared a big chicken salad with a pal BUT then she decided we should share apple pie and custard for dessert!!! Ah well, it was nice at least. Tonight OH wanted to eat out so I had a small thai chicken curry but at least left most of the rice. It was a very very tasty curry and I would have loved to have polished off the rice too. I also had a couple of ciders and then a glass of wine. I will be more than surprised if I don't have a gain this week. I'll have to be good next week!!! Hope everyone is doing well.
P.S. I forgot to mention the tea and biccies I had as well!!

Hey chick - we cant be good allllll of the time!!! Glad you enjoyed it though ;) x

26/09 Well.after a bit of a week of eating a bit too much I have escaped with a STS result. I did put in a good day food wise yesterday so maybe this helped avoid the potential for a gain. I weigh every day and was defo on course for a gain in the later part of the week. Seeing the scales moving the wrong direction for more than a couple of days made me take some corrective action yesterday. That may have helped keep it to a STS. Whatever the reason, I am relieved. I'll try and put in a better week this week. I also reckon my weight might be plateauing at my current calories intake but I do not want to go lower as that would be in diet mode and I am happy where I am.
Being under 12st would be delish but very hard to maintain for me. I have averaged at my current weight for most of my fitter years. Plus, I don't look 12st, iykwim, as most people reckon I am about 10st. I smile and tell them , only in my dreams!!!

I'm glad you acheived a maintenance Molly. That's what we all want to do in the end. I know you felt a bit out of control for some of the week but you pulled it back and that's what it's all about. You mentioned something about a slippery slope earlier ... well done for avoiding it :) xx

Back