Is anyone else a SERIAL weigher?

Sorry that should be serial not series! Auto correct drives me mad! Xx

I once took my scales to my mums in an effort to break the habit. She doesn't live close by so no chance of jumping on them. However, when I got desperate, I just went and bought another set! Lol

I have on different occasions asked my OH to hide them but I always hunt them out! And if I can't find them, he says I get really aggressive when I ask for them and he says no! Lol
Gosh it really is like an addiction, I need my fix!

I admit I doing every morning and every night :( and on wi day I'm on & off all day . I just can't help myself . It really does affect my mood . Maybe now I'm at target after a few weeks being there I might relax a bit more

puts hand up. yes i weigh morning and night, always have, always will.
I like to be in control and leaving it in the lap of the gods for a weekly weigh in is not for me, I don't like nasty surprises.

I also usually weigh every morning and evening. have tried to stop numerous time but cant resist a sneaky peep. I couldn't go to group without an idea of what to expect!
in saying that, it does sometimes affect my mood and and I know i shouldn't do it. il only ever count what the scales at group say.

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Me too. Every morning, once before shower and once after then again before bed ..... And once dressed (in my lightest clothes) before weigh in.

I often wonder if I'll stop when I get to my goal weight. Probably not:)

jane123 said:
..... And once dressed (in my lightest clothes) :)

i always weigh myself before weigh in and if it's been a particularly bad week il
change clothes to see if that makes any difference! I always wear leggings or tights...never jeans :)

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

I weigh myself every morning without fail. I see no problem, theres nothing to feel guilty about? :confused: If it doesnt work for you fine, dont do it. If it does work for you great, go ahead.

I like to keep an eye on whats happening, I dont want to WI on a Wednesday and find out I've put 6lb on for no apparent reason and spend the day racking my brains to where I went wrong - because I know there *is no* logical reason, a week is a ridiculous time to monitor your weight over. Logically once a month is plenty IMO but Im nosy and want to know whats happening. I like to keep an eye on it - if its going down Im motivated to carry on and not spoil what Ive achieved; if its going up it spurs me on to get my butt into gear and avoid a massive gain. :)

I weigh myself every morning without fail. I see no problem, theres nothing to feel guilty about? :confused: If it doesnt work for you fine, dont do it. If it does work for you great, go ahead.

I like to keep an eye on whats happening, I dont want to WI on a Wednesday and find out I've put 6lb on for no apparent reason and spend the day racking my brains to where I went wrong - because I know there *is no* logical reason, a week is a ridiculous time to monitor your weight over. Logically once a month is plenty IMO but Im nosy and want to know whats happening. I like to keep an eye on it - if its going down Im motivated to carry on and not spoil what Ive achieved; if its going up it spurs me on to get my butt into gear and avoid a massive gain. :)

Absolutely agree.......I hate surprises anyway....good or bad! ;)

Hello my name is Rachael, and I too am a scale-oholic *lol*

I used to be one of those people who NEVER weighed myself, and somehow crept to almost 13 stone. So I lost weight, granted in a very unhealthy way (I was going through a bad break up, etc) and got down to 10.4...then crept back up to 11.11, so I figure if I weight every day 1. I have a rough idea of whereabouts I am, so no *terrible* shocks on Wednesday. 2. It's incentive for those days when I start crazing cheese laden pizza and 3. It will hopefully prevent the creep in the wrong direction.

Glad I'm not the only one :D Sure on those days when I have gained, it sucks, but the only weigh in I really count is Wednesday as if it takes time for extra calories to turn into fat, it must take a while for it to bugger off too :D
x

We are not alone with our addiction Rachel! I would never challenge my weight on the scales at WI as it's what they say that goes but it's good to have some idea. Last week I was horrendous on Saturday and basically ate anything that wasn't nailed down but cos I weighed on Sunday and saw the damage I got off my bum and did something about it and managed to lose a pound by Tuesday. x

Ermintrude is spot on as ever.

I AM a serial weigher but I'm also a bit of a stats geek so I NEED to know. :)

I suppose the question is what do you do if you don't like the number you see. Do you give up and write the week off, hanker down and cut out all your syns until back on track, or just carry on with what you were planning to eat that day.

I understand why SW say just weigh once a week but that strategy has its drawbacks as well. That number becomes a big deal - the number you've been building up to all week.

My favourite stat is a rolling average of the last 4 weeks - so, last 4 weeks losses divided by 4. That takes out some of the natural variance that can drive you mad.

Ah hello from another geek!
I am always making charts and graphs lol. I have also calculated that whatever I weigh the night before weigh in I always drop 3 - 4 pounds so I sometimes go to bed quite jolly and others I think ''oh hell!''

Ah hello from another geek!
I am always making charts and graphs lol. I have also calculated that whatever I weigh the night before weigh in I always drop 3 - 4 pounds so I sometimes go to bed quite jolly and others I think ''oh hell!''

But sometimes it doesn't work like that:mad: says Jane who is talking from experience. I'm just glad My weigh in is in the morning and not the evening. Xx

Without fail i jump on my scales about three or four times a day-i find it keeps me in check, dont see anything wrong with it apart from the fact that my scales are about half a stone lighter than the one's at weigh-in so have to always remember that but as long as the weight is going down im happy!!

Back