Is anyone else a SERIAL weigher?

I'm banning the scales for a week or as long as I possibly can as I'm getting obsessive and with some of my past eating disorder issues I need to change this habit

Sorry you've had to battle those issues, but I am glad you are making a positive step to change things before it gets out of hand. :) I'm odd and just like to see the numbers, it doesn't really change what I do because i'm always on plan, i don't take it to extremes, (just too greedy i think!) But it is really showing growth to identify potential problems and changing things before it gets bad :)

Franalamadingdong said:
Sorry you've had to battle those issues, but I am glad you are making a positive step to change things before it gets out of hand. :) I'm odd and just like to see the numbers, it doesn't really change what I do because i'm always on plan, i don't take it to extremes, (just too greedy i think!) But it is really showing growth to identify potential problems and changing things before it gets bad :)

The scales thing is something I used to do a lot when I had issues and was starting to again need to knock it on its head before I end up back in the very dark place that I found myself in after being on weight watchers all the counting and weighing and weighing me obsessively it was not good for me and if I saw a number I didn't like I would make myself sick ..... Word of warning to others if you find yourself doing Stupid things to change the numbers like vomiting or laxitives or excessive over excercising like I did GET HELP ..... sorry for rant but excessive weighing can and does have negative effects

The scales thing is something I used to do a lot when I had issues and was starting to again need to knock it on its head before I end up back in the very dark place that I found myself in after being on weight watchers all the counting and weighing and weighing me obsessively it was not good for me and if I saw a number I didn't like I would make myself sick ..... Word of warning to others if you find yourself doing Stupid things to change the numbers like vomiting or laxitives or excessive over excercising like I did GET HELP ..... sorry for rant but excessive weighing can and does have negative effects

Very true catherine.

I am a serial weigher. I weigh my self every morning and i tend to find its not until about day 4 that i notice if lost some weight, days 1-4 i find ive gone up or sometimes sts as wi. I do this for me. and a gain spurs me on and a loss makes me think " ive done this!"

I am a serial weigher. I weigh my self every morning and i tend to find its not until about day 4 that i notice if lost some weight, days 1-4 i find ive gone up or sometimes sts as wi. I do this for me. and a gain spurs me on and a loss makes me think " ive done this!"

Im exactly the same.

Two weigh ins a go, i lost four pounds, two days later all four had came back. It wasnt until the day before the next weigh in that i got back to a loss on the scales. The next day at weigh in i lost three pounds for the week.

Not weighed in since official weigh in on Wednesday. Can I hold out until next wed?

gazter said:
Actually it will!! I cant gain! Desperate measures will be taken if it looks like i'm going to gain!

If that's how it effects you look at some of my above posts on this thread that's how my previous eating disorder issues started desperate measures are not good they lead to eating disorders

cat yoyo greaves said:
If that's how it effects you look at some of my above posts on this thread that's how my previous eating disorder issues started desperate measures are not good they lead to eating disorders

And target members have 3lb either side of target because of the body's natural fluctuation in weight

It's about control of my body. If i am doing something wrong i want to know about it. I have an eating disorder i am obese! discipling myself is what's stopping me from premature death. I would need to lose a further seven stone before i hit underweight.

Last edited:
gazter said:
It's about control of my body. If i am doing something wrong i want to know about it. I have an eating disorder, discipling myself is what's stopping me from premature death. I would need to lose a further seven stone before i hit underweight.

Are you getting the help you need hun xx I was forced to go to my docs but am now thankful my family did that for me I'm far from better but my head is now in a better place xxx hope you get to or are in a good place mentally its made the world of diff to my life but from time to time find myself slipping hence my posts on this thread

Are you getting the help you need hun xx I was forced to go to my docs but am now thankful my family did that for me I'm far from better but my head is now in a better place xxx hope you get to or are in a good place mentally its made the world of diff to my life but from time to time find myself slipping hence my posts on this thread

The eating disorder was i ate too much and didnt care about it. SW has changed that around for me completely. I am now much more obsessed about what i eat.

I have had a very good momentum so far, and I want to avoid going backwards. I am motivated to lose, but do it properly. Drastic measures might just mean i eat some pretty simple foods for my lunch and breakfast that are easily digested and gone before i hit the scale, or that i do a particularly heavy and sweaty workout pre weigh in.

gazter said:
The eating disorder was i ate too much and didnt care about it. SW has changed that around for me completely. I am now much more obsessed about what i eat.

I have had a very good momentum so far, and I want to avoid going backwards. I am motivated to lose, but do it properly. Drastic measures might just mean i eat some pretty simple foods for my lunch and breakfast that are easily digested and gone before i hit the scale, or that i do a particularly heavy and sweaty workout pre weigh in.

Ok when you said drastic I thought you meant some of the measures like I said in previous posts xxx good luck on your journey xxx

It's about control of my body. If i am doing something wrong i want to know about it. I have an eating disorder i am obese! discipling myself is what's stopping me from premature death. I would need to lose a further seven stone before i hit underweight.

Gazter- like you, I am also very strict about what I do and dont eat. I live mainly on salads, jacket potatoes, some rice, chicken etc and sw meals and RARELY go over 5 syns, When going out for a meal with the family I only eat a salad or if its the harvester i will eat lean steak, jacket/new pots and a large salad.

Just look at your signature. to lose that much weight in 23 weeks is inspiring. I have 70 lbs to lose to get to target and if I did that in 24 weeks i'd be made up! ( i know it'll take longer though) YOU have taken control of your body and you are choosing what to eat and youre making a difference with the help of slimming world. Dont let the scales get you down, everyone fluctuates day/night after excercise and food/drink, what the scales say on WI day is all that matters. :)

I want my scales to DIE! Up a pound this morning, they can gtf! Granted in aware it's all my own fault for a) serial weighing b) eating a curry chip in my drunken state on sat night c) getting in to a drunken state....but I still hate/blame the scales!

Jenna I am up 2 on last week and official WI tomorrow - I have had 2 sticky toffee puds this week so they obviously weigh a pound each lol

I gave in and weighed myself this morning. I managed from Wednesday until today, it pleasantly showed a two pound loss :)

Back