Is anyone else a SERIAL weigher?

Ok, I know we're meant to weigh our cereal but I am self confessed SERIAL weigher. I know I shouldn't do it, I know that the only weight I should pay attention to is the one from the scales in class but I just can't stop myself!
Without fail every morning, and every night and quite often a sneaky hop on through the day too. My consultant knows my guilty secret and even went as far as taking my scales off me until I pleaded for them back lol.

The downside is that our weight does fluctuate and it often takes a week for losses to show - thats why we get weighed weekly - but I have often got on the scales 3 days before class, saw that I have gone up and then thought ''oh sod it''.

The upside is that generally it does keep me focussed and if a day or so before there's not much movement it does give me a kick up the bum to be extra good.

My scales weigh in at a pound under the class ones so I always have some idea as to what to expect but does anyone else have this naughty habit? x
oh yes i do that im really a nightmare for it i did a scales ban but it only lasted 2 weeks and i weigh myself again. i find i weigh myself more if ive eaten out alot that week even if my meals are on plan its like im checking they didnt add oil lol it is a hard habit to break though. i find i tend to weigh more the few days before weigh in and all the time on weigh in day

its been three days since I've weighed myself and weighed every day, going to try and last until Mon but feel really anxious and feel I've put about 4 stone on in that time!! will try and stick it out fingers crossed x

Well I weighed this morning and was 13st 4lb, weighed this evening after washing my hair and was 13st 9. I thought theres no way thats right, I've had an excellent week and I weigh everyday I know how my body fluctuates, it just didnt add up. So after drying hair I jumped back on and the scales had stopped working. Wasnt the battery so sent hubby on emergency dash to Asda for new scales as its my official weigh in in the morning (doing it from home). Well the good news is I'm now 13st 3.5lb lol. Maybe this explains why my scales have been all over the place in the last couple of weeks despite me being on plan! So fingers firmly crossed to hit 13st tomorrow morning!

i do this ALL the time, and i often weigh less in the mornings than i do at night..... It really puts me off track too..

I weigh myself at lunchtime the day of my weigh in so i'm not in for a huge shock in the evening. I weigh on my wii fit & it never matches my gains/losses as per my slimming world scales, but is a pretty close estimate. E.g. when wii fit said i lost 4lb, i actually lost 3lb. When my wii fit told me i put on 1lb yday, i actually put on 2lb! Think the wii is nicer to me. :)

I had to throw my scales away yesterday, I was weighing myself every morning and it doing my head in if i was heavier than the day before even though i'd been 100% on the plan. It was getting very dishearting. So i threw them away but this morning i was so tempted to go get them out of the dustbin and just have one more weigh on them before the dustbin lorry came around. I didn't though and now they've gone. So i'm just going to get weighed at SW club on saturday mornings.

Bernie x

I was considering having some chocolate tonight before I weighed now it's a no go, yes I know we are allowed syns but I don't want any... Not feeling too happy and choc will make it worse :( grr! On the plus it's motivated me to be super good tomorrow... Gonna od on sf :)

Hope the scales are being kind to everyone else!

We talked about this at WI today. Some were saying that if they weighed themselves at home and they had gained, they were more likely to restrict their overall intake, ie contrary to the sw idea of 'filling up' on superfree, they would reduce what they ate and have a smaller loss. I'd never thought about it like that....

docmurphy said:
We talked about this at WI today. Some were saying that if they weighed themselves at home and they had gained, they were more likely to restrict their overall intake, ie contrary to the sw idea of 'filling up' on superfree, they would reduce what they ate and have a smaller loss. I'd never thought about it like that....

It's so true that. When I got on my scales at home, if I'd gained I would cut down my food intake and I know that's not a good thing. It's all about the free and superfree foods.

Bernie x

I am a serial weigher :-(

I drive myself mad, honestly. Then depending on what the scales say AND depending on my mood I react in dufferent ways.
Somedays I might weigh and gain then will be mega strict, otherdays if I see a gain I go off the rails and stuff my face, thinking what's the point!!!!!

My latest trick is to quickly eat breakfast and have a cuppa before I get a chance to get the scales out, I know then that any reading is 'false' so I don't tend to take (as much) notice of it.

I don't attend classes so can't really throw them out, plus they are new and expensive lol x

I had withdrawal symptoms from weighing this morning, all twitchy and not right. Definately think it is the right thing to do though. 2 x 100% to chalk up now instead of 1/4 lb up or down to think about.

I weigh myself at lunchtime the day of my weigh in so i'm not in for a huge shock in the evening. I weigh on my wii fit & it never matches my gains/losses as per my slimming world scales, but is a pretty close estimate. E.g. when wii fit said i lost 4lb, i actually lost 3lb. When my wii fit told me i put on 1lb yday, i actually put on 2lb! Think the wii is nicer to me. :)

I find the wii fit weighs me lower by about a pound and a half. But then i weigh myself on the wii fit just in underwear, which following complaints i stopped doing at the weekly weigh ins.....

The Wii fit can be a bit anti motivational though, it makes even someone with a bit higher than normal BMI (not me, i couldnt even see the graph line when i started) look really really fat. Big mistake that.

Back