Is anyone else a SERIAL weigher?

redmel said:
I am a serial weigher :-(

I drive myself mad, honestly. Then depending on what the scales say AND depending on my mood I react in dufferent ways.
Somedays I might weigh and gain then will be mega strict, otherdays if I see a gain I go off the rails and stuff my face, thinking what's the point!!!!!

My latest trick is to quickly eat breakfast and have a cuppa before I get a chance to get the scales out, I know then that any reading is 'false' so I don't tend to take (as much) notice of it.

I don't attend classes so can't really throw them out, plus they are new and expensive lol x

I wish I could throw them out but I use them for weighing cases for holidays, things I'm posting etc...
I weighed myself last night and was really dissapointed 12st 12 almost gave in to a takeaway but decided to go to bed instead and this morn I weigh 12st 9 3lb loss overnight :eek: wowsers that's a lot well I will see for sure on Monday

I gain a good 3 or 4 pounds during the course of a day, so I only weigh in the mornings as I know an evening weight is literally the weight of the food and liquid in my stomach, which can be so variable! One does have to wonder where it all goes overnight though! :confused:

LilyF said:
I gain a good 3 or 4 pounds during the course of a day, so I only weigh in the mornings as I know an evening weight is literally the weight of the food and liquid in my stomach, which can be so variable! One does have to wonder where it all goes overnight though! :confused:

I lost 5 pounds one night in my sleep!!

I lost 5 pounds one night in my sleep!!

Similar me... I had had a meal at an indian restaurant that was so full of salt is soaked up huge amounts of water. The night before official weigh in i was set for a two to three pound gain, i ended up with a two pound less following a large amount of water drinking to flush it out.

cat yoyo greaves said:
I wish I could throw them out but I use them for weighing cases for holidays, things I'm posting etc...
I weighed myself last night and was really dissapointed 12st 12 almost gave in to a takeaway but decided to go to bed instead and this morn I weigh 12st 9 3lb loss overnight :eek: wowsers that's a lot well I will see for sure on Monday

Sooo happy lost 2.5 at weigh in and got slimmer of the week and my club 10

I'm in my first week of SW (and I'm a first timer!) so have been very tempted by the scales this week as I've been so eager to see how I've been getting on! I was due to weigh in tomorrow but got on the scales this morning and 4lbs down! I'm so pleased but I know I need to get into a habit of just weighing once a week at the same time etc. I know doing it more often can just be misleading, but it's so tempting! Glad to hear I'm not the only one! Think I might have to give the scales to the OH to hide somewhere where I can't reach them!!

Well done!
I have given up giving up weighing!! I am going to try not to react to what its saying though. I know it will fluctuate constantly but actually find it quite fascinating. Sad I know.

Club 10 feels really good, you've reached a real milestone. It's also around the point that people begin to notice the changes. Whether big or small people are generally noticing. I had one or two mentions before i hit the club 10, but once i had it was like a mini flood of people saying.

I weigh myself everyday! I can't help it! It's weigh day at sw tomorrow and so far I've not lost a thing! Hoping for half a pound in 24 hours!

I usually get really addicted to weighing myself, particularly after we got the Wii Fit last year but since starting Slimming World a few weeks ago I've tried to be good and only get weighed at the meetings. I've only given in once so far which is a miracle for me. It is so addictive though!

Off to weigh at boots again....i like the bmi.body fat scales! Hopefully they will be kind..but I feel sooo fat and heavy. Although am in a paiute of jeans I've neverworn!

The wii fit won't work on carpet properly. If you have odd weigh ins try it on a diff surface.
I was once weighing in at almost half stone under my actual weight.

stivesliz said:
I want my scales back!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I gave mine to my consultant then got them back after 4 weeks cos not having them threw me off track xx

Back