Is anyone starting Cambridge January 2014? Lets support each other!

Wasn't that bad, cracked slightly and had a meal. Went to the pub with my other half, but ordered chicken and jacket so now totally bad plus he went to get drinks and said do you want wine but decided not to drink as well and had water. Weighed this morning and stayed the same from yesterday morning so happy with that. Straight back to it this morn. Don't feel that guilty actually as wasn't really bad stuff I ate.

Feels like confession lol.

Total loss on cambridge - 2 stone 11lb :)

Well.. I sort of kept eating. No takeaway but nothing particularly sensible either.

Ive cleared the flat of any food I'd actually want to eat though and don't intend to go out at all this weekend as I'm still sorting from our move so SS starts now! Also got Monday off and know I can get back into ketosis in those 3 days as I've only had 2 days to build up my carb stores. Once I'm there it'll be much easier to resist any day to day temptations.

12 days ago I started step 2 at 174, not weighing until a week today as I know any gain will mainly be bloat not fat and Id rather judge the damage overall after a week on plan. Hoping to get down to 168 with two weeks of SS, think that's achievable, and then I'll start the steps.

http://www.minimins.com/cd-weight-loss-diaries/339757-jos-success-story.html

Well today was great. I thought it'd be fine, as the weekends are easier, and there's nothing in the house I'd want to eat. Feeling good at the moment, hoping I feel just as good tomorrow! How'd you do Liz?

Well today was great. I thought it'd be fine, as the weekends are easier, and there's nothing in the house I'd want to eat. Feeling good at the moment, hoping I feel just as good tomorrow! How'd you do Liz?

Yay well done Jo! Today was obviously the right day :) well done!! Xx

Current loss: 25lbs and 18.5inches

Yeah must've been :) Day 1 passed with no hunger/cravings etc, hoping Day 2 is similarly pain free but realistic it may be a bit more challenging. How are you getting on? http://www.minimins.com/cd-weight-loss-diaries/339757-jos-success-story.html

I know you'll tackle this in the same way as you did yesterday. Eye on the prize hun!
I'm good, me and my daughter have been swimming and for a 1.5 mile walk. Had a SS+ meal last night at my mates and I'm still feeling very dedicated :) just had the Cambridge jelly, amazing!!!

Yeah I feel OK today :) Think I'm feeling the beginning of a headache, but hoping that'll fall overnight when I'm asleep! Feel like I've totally got the need for food out of my system and actually very glad I took the break, seeing this as a totally fresh start now.

Glad you're doing well too :) You got much more to lose?

I know you'll tackle this in the same way as you did yesterday. Eye on the prize hun! I'm good, me and my daughter have been swimming and for a 1.5 mile walk. Had a SS+ meal last night at my mates and I'm still feeling very dedicated :) just had the Cambridge jelly, amazing!!! Current loss: 25lbs and 18.5inches

Cambridge jelly is wonderful stuff!!!

Yeah I feel OK today :) Think I'm feeling the beginning of a headache, but hoping that'll fall overnight when I'm asleep! Feel like I've totally got the need for food out of my system and actually very glad I took the break, seeing this as a totally fresh start now. Glad you're doing well too :) You got much more to lose?

It will go and you'll be even happier tomorrow when you get through to day 3 without cheating! I'm so glad you're seeing it like that now hun. You obviously needed that break to inspire you to continue.

I have at least 2 stone more to go which is so frustrating! I wish it would come off me quicker but I probably don't help with the amount of exercise I do, saying that I'm not prepared to change the exercise now, I'm enjoying it too much and if it takes longer then so be it :) xx

Cambridge jelly is wonderful stuff!!!

Omg it really is! I want it daily!!! I'm having to resist the urge lol xx

Yeah I've only got 6 weeks til my wedding and want to focus on losing a bit more and stabilising in that time. I can definitely do another 6 weeks cause I've done that before. Seeing this as a new day 2 rather than however many days down the line I am, because that way it all feels more achievable.

Even if the losses are a little slower, getting into the habit of doing the exercise will defo help with maintenance in future.

Yeah I've only got 6 weeks til my wedding and want to focus on losing a bit more and stabilising in that time. I can definitely do another 6 weeks cause I've done that before. Seeing this as a new day 2 rather than however many days down the line I am, because that way it all feels more achievable. Even if the losses are a little slower, getting into the habit of doing the exercise will defo help with maintenance in future.

Well it that isn't a motivator I don't know what is ;) it's going to be amazing!!! How far before the wedding do you want to be off SS?

I hope so! Apart from my new found blocked nose from swimming lol x

I think I want to do SS for 2 weeks then a week on each step. Tempting to stay on step 2 until the wedding for better losses, but prob a good idea to do the steps so I don't end up with a massive carb regain.

Oh dear!! Exercise can be dangerous ha.

I think I want to do SS for 2 weeks then a week on each step. Tempting to stay on step 2 until the wedding for better losses, but prob a good idea to do the steps so I don't end up with a massive carb regain.

Oh dear!! Exercise can be dangerous ha.

Why dont you do SS/SS+ for 4 weeks, a week on 810 and then a week on 1000 so the carbs are back in your body? then you'll have decent weight loss between now and then but also not make yourself ill for the wedding?

haha it really is. I i had goggles mark all night as well lol feel fine today, apart from a pulled muscle in my neck :/

Why dont you do SS/SS+ for 4 weeks, a week on 810 and then a week on 1000 so the carbs are back in your body? then you'll have decent weight loss between now and then but also not make yourself ill for the wedding?

haha it really is. I i had goggles mark all night as well lol feel fine today, apart from a pulled muscle in my neck :/

Well strictly speaking, now my BMI is below 25 I shouldn't be doing SS at all, but I feel like I need to do it for a couple of weeks to get back into it.

The thing is, if I stay on 810 for 3 weeks after that (think I'm allowed to do that til a 20 BMI) and then do a 1000 week ill still definitely get a carb regain after that, as the carbs on 1000 are still pretty low compared to a normal diet.

I think if my plan is to do that I won't really have finished with cambridge and will need to come back to it after coming back home to do the steps properly. I really feel I should do the steps to be successful this time.

It's defo a hard one.

http://www.minimins.com/cd-weight-loss-diaries/339757-jos-success-story.html

You won't have a carb gain at 1000 hun, I think people tend to STS that week from what I've seen.

Whatever you decide to do, as long as you have control then you'll be fine. It's when good becomes the controller than you start to panic and that then ends up with binging and that's not what you need xx

Hi Liz, Jo,

How you getting on? Sorry I've not been on much, so busy at work. Don't worry I've not been stuffing my face with biscuits lol. Weigh in tonight and despite having all weekend off I think I've lost 4lb, happy with that. Planning on sticking to ss until next Friday and then I'll have 2 days off. I have a 50th wedding meal out in some fancy restaurant and garden party the next day for the in laws that's been planned for months. Really looking forward to it.

Total loss on cambridge - 2 stone 11lb :)

Morning all,

I originally went on the diet because I had trouble getting my size 16 (biggest size they had) bridesmaids dress closed back in January. I'm a regular 10-12 now so I ordered a new size 12 bridemaids dress and there is a massive difference between the 12 and the 16, way more than 2 dress sizes on the bust. I could get 4 boobs into the 16 yet the 12 will not close there. It's grand on the waist. So I'm going to have to be good as gold and get rid of at least another half a stone in the next 58 days. Should be doable at a lb a week if I'm religious about it. Still avoiding the shakes in the press. Had one instead of my tea last night but forget them again this morning so I had two eggs instead. I'm going to keep it all protein today at work so I can have the shakes when I get home this evening and then hopefully have two full SS+ days before my daughters birthday party on Sunday. I bought shorts in Zara ages ago that I really want to wear but they are medium so I have to be at my thinnest from them to look ok on me. Anyway, congrats Liz on keeping the good effort up. Good for you! How's everyone else doing?

K

Back