Is anyone starting Cambridge January 2014? Lets support each other!

I've started step 3 but I'm struggling because I hate salad lunches. I'd rather have a shake I think. I've given in and had a bread roll, not a good start. I've headache since yesterday morning and no painkiller will stop it. Think I'll have a naughty dinner and start again tomorrow I thunk. Can anyone recommend a good lunch, can I not have anything with it??

Sent from my HTC One X using MiniMins.com mobile app

I've been bad guys, very bad. I've had a headache for solo long, what started as a cheat with a bread roll has ended with a Chinese ( had half with mum), and a bowl of popcorn. I think as hard as ss is, it stops temptation because now I'm allowed to eat, I've just gone mental. I havnt even had a proper day in step 3. I think I'll skip my 2nd shake to save calories but I'm dreaded my next weighin. I think I might of actually gained!! Could kick myself!

Suzie, look how far you've come, you've done so well. Go on the maintenance forum and get advice. You're now at the stage that I long for and dread in equal measure, you've done the hard work to lose it, now you've got to learn how to keep it off.
Come on sweetheart, you've worked so hard for this. Xx

I've still got another stone to lose tho :(. I wish I could do ss + then jump to step 4&5 but my cdc says you cant

Susie, I went from SS+ to Weight Watchers after a tiny loss followed by an STS and I lost 2.5 lbs last week. Im limiting myself to 1200 calories as well as following the WW plan and it seems to be working so far.

Susie, I went from SS+ to Weight Watchers after a tiny loss followed by an STS and I lost 2.5 lbs last week. Im limiting myself to 1200 calories as well as following the WW plan and it seems to be working so far.

How much have you got to lose? I think I'm struggling because I'm having to constantly look in my book and weigh everything. I found ww easy but my losses were so slow. In fact I started when I was the weight I am now, and it took me 6 months pretty much to lose a stone. it was painful but unless I can stop cheating I honestly don't know what to do. Ive got packs left so I'll draw a line under this weekend and try again tomorrow.

Good luck susie.

Well my day off turned into 2 days off, exciting news though....... I got engaged yesterday :) So happy. We've been together nearly 8 years!!! So yesterday we had a celebration so think I was allowed the extra day off!!! Back on today, planning another 2 weeks then move over to ww to maintain (maybe lose a few extra lb).

Hope everyone is ok. Xx

Wk 1 -8lb
Wk2 -6lb
Wk3 -3lb
Wk4 -4lb
Wk5 -3lb
Wk6 -3lb
Wk7 -3lb
Wk8 -STS :-(
Wk9 -STS :-( Again
Wk10 -4lb whoop whoop lol
Wk11 -4lb again whoop

Good luck susie. Well my day off turned into 2 days off, exciting news though....... I got engaged yesterday :) So happy. We've been together nearly 8 years!!! So yesterday we had a celebration so think I was allowed the extra day off!!! Back on today, planning another 2 weeks then move over to ww to maintain (maybe lose a few extra lb). Hope everyone is ok. Xx Wk 1 -8lb Wk2 -6lb Wk3 -3lb Wk4 -4lb Wk5 -3lb Wk6 -3lb Wk7 -3lb Wk8 -STS :-( Wk9 -STS :-( Again Wk10 -4lb whoop whoop lol Wk11 -4lb again whoop
congratulations Liz, that amazing news!! Xx

Ahh congrats Liz, great news.
Are you doing the pro points or the new start ww?

Thanks all.
Ill do pro points I think but have less than I'm allowed to start with. Will also limit carbs at the start.

Wk 1 -8lb
Wk2 -6lb
Wk3 -3lb
Wk4 -4lb
Wk5 -3lb
Wk6 -3lb
Wk7 -3lb
Wk8 -STS :-(
Wk9 -STS :-( Again
Wk10 -4lb whoop whoop lol
Wk11 -4lb again whoop
Wk12 -1lb

fantastic idea Liz, what about you kiwuchan? Pro points or simple start

Firstly Liz - CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!!
Nothing like the promise of a wedding dress to keep you motivated!!

I'm following all of you that are now approaching the maintenance stage with gusto, I'm not too proud to tell you it terrifies me.
The thought of being let loose in the big wide world of food, it'll be akin to a raging alcoholic being placed in charge of the bar at Liz's wedding!
I am desperately hoping that 12 weeks on this diet make me see food differently, at the moment it is my drug of choice and when I eat I binge.
How are you managing to stay in control?? X

Hi All,

Have read all 105 pages of this thread from start to end as has kept me entertained and helped me so much- such a great thread. You have all done so well on your journey and it is brilliant to see those of you who were SS at the start and are now ready to go to maintenance after doing sooo well it is very inspirational.

I did Cambridge last year and lost 2 stone BUT was stupid and come off of it without maintenance, ate food like it was going out of fashion and consequently put all of my weight back on. So I am determined to do it again but properly this time and maintain the right way.

Started two weeks ago-
And I am doing ok. I lost 8 lbs in my first week and 3 lbs on my second, but we are having cheat days of a weekend to help us through. Had an extra bad weekend with Mothers Day but back on it today properly so lets hope I can smash this week!

Liz- I do not know how you have done this diet for so long- you are amazing I certainly could not!! Well done on your weight loss and engagement!!!!!

Everyone else is doing so well- you should all be very proud.

So I am back on it today with my 3 tetras a day and 4 litres of water- lets hope I have a good week!

P.S Not looking forward to going through Ketosis again grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

Good luck susie.

Well my day off turned into 2 days off, exciting news though....... I got engaged yesterday :) So happy. We've been together nearly 8 years!!! So yesterday we had a celebration so think I was allowed the extra day off!!! Back on today, planning another 2 weeks then move over to ww to maintain (maybe lose a few extra lb).

Hope everyone is ok. Xx

Wow Liz, thats brilliant news, a massive congratulations!!!x

Just been weighed. Even with a couple of blips I've still managed 2.5lb so massively pleased. That's 1/2lb under a stone in two weeks!!!

Just imagine if I actually stuck to it!!! Lol. Xx

Just been weighed. Even with a couple of blips I've still managed 2.5lb so massively pleased. That's 1/2lb under a stone in two weeks!!!

Just imagine if I actually stuck to it!!! Lol. Xx

Amazing news Anne, well done!!! Did yesterday go ok?? It was so hard for me to resist and not give in, but I managed it (just!!)
I have my weigh in tomorrow now as I had to change it but my scales only show a 3lb loss this week, booo :( hate that its slowed right down when I havent cheated at all, oh well x

3lb is good!!
Where else would you get a weekly loss like that?
I had to kill myself at ww to lose a bloody lb! Keep at it, it's going!!! Xx

I agree with you, WW and SW I would lose a lb a week or STS and it used to drive me crazy, I guess 3lb is good but doesnt seem enough for feeling so hungry and having so little food all the time, well in my opinion anyway x

Back