Is it just me or....

Bethuk1

Do you also look at pictures of celebrities who have lost weight and think surely they must have weighed more than that? Or when they say they're now a size 8 but look more like a 12! It makes me feel so crap when they label someone whopping at 11 stone!!

No wonder we all feel so rubbish about ourselves!

On the subject I was watching Fern Briiton's new talkshow, I know she's slimmed down but it doesn't mean a miniskirt is ok...put me right off my mint shake! Could almost see her lady garden :rolleyes:

Hilarious!!! She does have some dodgy taste in clothes!!!

I know what you mean! On the front of magazines when they say that someone is huge and they're really not it makes me so mad!!! X

Do you also look at pictures of celebrities who have lost weight and think surely they must have weighed more than that? Or when they say they're now a size 8 but look more like a 12!

Yes, yes, yes!

On the subject I was watching Fern Briiton's new talkshow, I know she's slimmed down but it doesn't mean a miniskirt is ok...put me right off my mint shake! Could almost see her lady garden :rolleyes:

Ewwww... :eek:

If you look at real women when your out shopping you'll see what normal is, celebrities are photo'd in good light, masses of make-up, re-touched in photoshop, and when celebs have a weight problem they lose it some way and sell dvd's we saps buy!!!! why oh why!!

I mega hate it when a mag says 'ooh look at so and so who's was a size 24 now a 6!'
Number 1. They were never size 24.
Number 2. They are now a size 12 at best, even with your best Photoshop skills.
Grrrr!

Ahh this really gets my goat!! I remember that Hannah Waterman... she was in a magazine and they showed the 'fat' pic of her before she started her diet and was saying that at 10 stone 8lbs she was a fat mess...I remember thinking my god that's where I wanna be!! No way was she 10 something! Or if she was they made her look a hell of a lot bigger than she was??!!

None of them are living in the real world!

Ahh this really gets my goat!! I remember that Hannah Waterman... she was in a magazine and they showed the 'fat' pic of her before she started her diet and was saying that at 10 stone 8lbs she was a fat mess...I remember thinking my god that's where I wanna be!! No way was she 10 something! Or if she was they made her look a hell of a lot bigger than she was??!!

None of them are living in the real world!

That photo is a prime example of what I mean! 10 stone 8 to me is slim she was very overweight! Then they claim to be 8 stone, as if that's perfectly normal, unless your really short it's not! My Auntie was diagnosed was cancer last year and she dropped weight dramatically but she's managed to get up to 8 stone now
and quite frankly she's still horrifically thin, it's really not
something to aspire to it looks shocking! It's a sad world that our
children are growing up in and so confusing for them! Oh and
another thing We have a krispy kreme opening by us with a drive
through...give me strength! I think the film Wall-E shows the
future lol

*steps off soapbox*

oh god ALL THE TIME!! even watching some diet programmes and they give someones weight and i think erm i dont think so!! it really doesnt help peoples self esteem does it!!

Unrealistic expectations of celebs brings out the need for them to be the thinnest they can be but honestly I really do think they lie. Just look no further than Vanessa feltz. She claimed to be down to a size 12 I think it was and I could have sworn she looked more like a 16. Yes she'd lost an amazing amount of weight but she really did not look like a size 12! Even I struggle to get into a 12 in some clothes, yet people think I'm a smaller size (like an 8!) then I am!

Back