Is it normal to feel so ill?

jude88

I'm on day 4 of the attack stage been doing really well apart from being a bit tired and lethargic after cutting out the huge amount of sugar I'd been consuming!!! Well today Iv been feeling really down (I have bi-polar disorder so this is normally normal) but I got to my mums to drop my son off and started falling asleep in the chair (not normal) then I was feeling so down I did the disastrous thing of eating a whole pot of haagen daaz cookies and cream then literally immediately after eating it Iv come over all dizzy and sick, Iv been having trouble going to the toilet the last couple of days (which Iv read is normal) and my body tempreture has rocketed and now I'm shaking, hot, dizzy, on the verge of being sick and am afraid to move to far from tge bathroom :-( I'm sorry if this is tmi! But need to know if this is normal at this stage of the diet or wether it's just me :-S

The first few days of attack/cruise is basically carb withdrawal, and entering ketosis ie fat burning instead of carb burning (google the technical details). It is normal to feel tired/lethargic while this happens. By having a huge surge of sugar you have learned what a dangerous substance it can be. The last time I had chocolate, Easter, and a little cream egg out of politeness I felt very sick and dizzy. I have been low carb for a year now and should know better!! You have taken your body out of ketosis, and given it a nasty shock. Have water, rest, call nhs direct if you are worried. Dukan is very strict about sugar, with good reason. maybe cruise stage would be better for you, others here can advise better than I. But if it helps, I have more energy now than I ever did in my carb days - nothing would make me go back to bread/pasta/sugar again!

Thankyou for your reply and Yh I think my stomach just kinda thought what the he'll is this! I definatly won't be doing that again! I felt awful defo a lesson learned big style!!!! I'm feeling a bit better now Iv had a nice warm bath but I can't believe how awful I felt how my body reacted so violently to sugar rush! 4 days ago that would of been just a small amount of sugar I was consuming! I used to have on a daily basis - 4 big cans of red bull, 5 coffees with 2 sugars each, 3 bars of chocolate and often sweets, ice cream and cereal! And that is basically all I would eat all week until a roast dinner on Sunday! Hope I'm recovered by tomorrow for my horse riding lesson I need it to burn off those ice-cream baddies! X

I'm glad you posted, was worried for you. It does make you think doesn't it? A few years ago I would eat huge amounts of fruit, a bar of chocolate and wash it down with a sugary red bull! Glad you are feeling better, get a good sleep and enjoy the riding!

Back