is it normal??

pip1980

to be eating lots of calories on a diet. im sorry if i annoy anyone talkin calories but just cant get my head round it. on other diets i should be eating 1200-1400 cals to lose, thats why i changed cos im always flippin starving but i cant get my head round how i can eat more and lose.,xx

Hi Pip

Yes, it is and yes, you will loose too. Look at the inspiration pages for SW's.. they are living proof, lol.. In my group, a 1st week's person WI on Monday lost 7lb!! I'm going for 6lb for my 1st week. x

i honestly cant tell you how it works, even now it baffles me but were all living proof that it works... dot question it just njoy it!! xxxx

thank you, sorry to ask, it just baffles me!!! ive been doin it for 4 weeks and have lost 3 pounds, happy with that cos havent done any exercise and have moved ouse which involved a take away. im having all my a and bs this week and all my syns and trusting it. fingers crossed!!xxx

im sure the science is that some foods break down easier in your body - such as fibre calories, and calcium calories....therefore the types of foods assist in weight loss.

Crisp and Chocolate calories dont speed up weight loss!!!

Thats my take on it anyway - someone please correct me if i am totally wrong there!

x

I actually don't think you're eating any more on SW, in terms of calories. It just seems like you are because you're eating low density foods (i.e. low calories in relation to the weight of the food item) so large quantities of food for relatively low calories. I used to be on weight watchers and out of curiousity I pointed a few of my SW days and I had an average of 17 points but I've never been hungry, quite the opposite actually!! So basically you're still on a low calorie diet its just that SW's done all the maths for you. I think it's a great eating plan and is a more natural and intuitive way of eating. When you start out you'll probably eat lots but over time you'll find that you're satisfied on less food. So there's no magic in it, just a clever way of getting us to eat less!

Last edited:
Honeyoc, that's exactly how my consultant described it to me. By nature of the foods we are eating, we are eating less cals. x

That is so true Honeyoc. When I first started SW I ate loads and loads just because I could. I loved the free food and really made the most of it. I found I really needed the snacks during the day, but slowly this has changed.

Now, especially this week, I've not been snacking between meals and my meal sizes have come down too. I think the unlimited free food really helps the body when moving onto a more restricted diet, because it allows you to eat and eat. Then when your body settles into it, it realises it doesn't need the extra food between meals.

I'm loving how I'm now eating less and eating healthy, never been able to do both of those at the same time! :D

Are these ok then,
eg of my red day
Breakfast 2 egg omlette with three rashers of bacon. with skimmed milk(HEXA)
Snack Options hot choc 2 syns
Lunch 4 slices of wholemeal bread(2HEXB) with three slices ham and 2 tablespoons ex light mayo(1syn)
mullerlight vanilla
Snack hot choc 2 syns
mullerligt
tea
chicken wrapped in one rasher bacon stuffed with two babybel lights (HEXA) -will eat other babybel as snack later.

On a green day i tend to have toast and cheese for breakfast using H extras or beans on toast
Jacket potato and beans for lunch
Pasta, pasatta sauce and veg for tea with cheese as an A
snacks are mullerlights or syns.xx

Are these ok then,
eg of my red day
Lunch 4 slices of wholemeal bread(2HEXB) with three slices ham and 2 tablespoons ex light mayo(1syn)
mullerlight vanilla
Snack hot choc 2 syns
mullerligt
tea
chicken wrapped in one rasher bacon stuffed with two babybel lights (HEXA) -will eat other babybel as snack later.

On a green day i tend to have toast and cheese for breakfast using H extras or beans on toast

Yes that looks like great food choices. You can have a few more syns if you feel the need.:)

Honeyoc- wanna rep you, doll, but the 'spread it around' trolls won't let me- excellent explaination

xxxx

LOL!! Aww thanks CP :love:

Chelleb79, when I started SW I also ate much more, lots of fruit and sometimes 3 mullers a day. But these days I eat much less and only when I'm hungry. I've even tipped unfinished dinners in the bin because I couldn't eat anymore :eek: now that's never happened before!

Are these ok then,
eg of my red day
mullerlight vanilla
Snack hot choc 2 syns
mullerligt
tea

That looks good! Only thing I would say is to add fruit or veg to every meal. I think it's a good idea to have at least 2 pieces of fruit and 5 portions of veggies a day. So you can have 1 piece of fruit with breakfast, 1 as a snack, salad with lunch and at least 2 varieties of cooked veggies with dinner. You'll get tons of vitamins and fibre and your meals will be extra filling!!

Last edited:
Back