Is it possible to loose too much weight?

KatherineK

Hello lovely S&S'rs. I wonder, is it possible to loose too much weight too quickly on S&S? I don't mean in terms of loose skin etc, but health wise? I take a range of vitamins, minerals and supplements to counterbalance any deficiency I may have.

My reason for asking, is I have lost quite a lot of weight recently, with a loss of 12lb last week, and with WI in the morning it looks like it's going to be the same, maybe a tad more than last week.

Are there any dangers to losing weight this quickly, as one friend has almost got me signed up to have a mental evaluation, convinced I am heading towards anorexia, which is clearly nonsense, but she is worried. Can I ease her mind, or is she right?

Thanks in advance Katherine.

I am sticking to it 100% Starlight. Thank you so much for the reassurance. Seems I am safe from the psychiatrists chair :)

I can understand why people are worried about you. As long as you're sticking to the programme and having all the packs / protein that you are supposed to have in the day (ans a multivit if on 3 a day) then you'll be fine. I've been on. VLCD for around 9 months now and I've never felt better. It's because the rate of change is so quick. Just explain the science underneath to anyone who gets worried. Good luck on the rest of your journey!

Lol, I don't think there are many people who frequent this particular board who might end up anorexic :). There have been one or 2 who have done so having done a VLCD (not this one) I understand from having read Minimins for a while but I think that that's probably because their obsession with food morphed into an obsession with feeling in control by not eating. Some people naturally have addictive personalities. My own experience is that I know that I will always have to fight the demons in terms of the compulsion I feel that lead me to crave particular foods. This diet gives me a break from those things but I know that it doesn't address the underlying problem. Personally I'd say that it's a good thing to lose the weight so quickly. There are many people here who will be jealous of your losses :). I expect that they will normalise after the first 2 or 3 weeks though so something more akin to a stone a month, unless you are really really lucky and are a fabulously fast loser (some people seem to be). Good luck!

Thank you all so much. While she (my friend) is still not convinced, I think she feels happier now.

Back