Is Skimmed Milk Powder allowed

Poppy03

Silver Member
I bought some just in case for coffee etc as I figured that Mr D says we can have unlimited skimmed milk. I see the fat/sugar/protein content is pretty similar to skimmed milk. Would it also be unlimited?

Dairy is not unlimited - it is limited to 1kg in total per day in Cruise. Be careful of extra nasties in skimmed milk powder.

I can't find in his book where it says it is not unlimited. He lists skimmed milk as number 71. as eat as much as you like and dairy is category 8. Have I missed something?

What nasties? I could only find added vit A and Vit D, am I looking in the wrong place?

Its only unlimited in attack. I use the powder in cooking and its a tolerated item I think maintainer could tell you for sure and I take what she says as fact

p.s- might be being thick, but quite hard to work out with liquid and the yoghurts, cottage cheese etc... how much 1 kg is?

I agree, I got it to use down the allotment in my coffee but hadn't opened it. I made some muffins with it and then wondered if I could!

A kilo is 1,000grams so god knows how you are supposed to work out what cottage cheese and skimmed milk equate too. I thought that was the point of Dukan, no counting :-(

I can't find in his book where it says it is not unlimited. He lists skimmed milk as number 71. as eat as much as you like and dairy is category 8. Have I missed something?

What nasties? I could only find added vit A and Vit D, am I looking in the wrong place?

Huh, I have yet to find that in my book too. Believe me I've been looking because I love the greek yogurt. That being said, because we obviously don't use metric here, 1 kg is 2.2 pounds. That does work out to be a lot of yogurt in a day! When going to cruise, he says to continue to eat all the attack foods without restricting quantities...Maybe something got lost in translation? ;)

But if someone could point out in the book where it says dairy is limited, I would greatly appreciate it! :)

Thanks in advance. :D

The staff frequently mention the 1kg dairy limit during Cruise on the official chat.

Quote:
Moreover, your weight seems to go up and down, so, focus on allowed food, leave aside tolerated items. Don't overeat limited food like fat free sugar free dairies (1 Kg max per day),

You can see the chat window on the right hand side.

Official UK Dukan Diet website: Diets for Quick Weight Loss, Diet menus to help you lose weight

If you want to ignore it then that's your prerogative.

The staff frequently mention the 1kg dairy limit during Cruise on the official chat.

If you want to ignore it then that's your prerogative.

All I have is the book which I assumed was accurate. There's no need to be irritated because something different is said online that I am not familiar with. :confused: The US Dukan site doesn't have message boards like the UK does. It's not a matter of ignoring anything. Thanks anyway...:sigh:

I'm not irritated - just telling you what's out there. 1kg of dairy is an awful lot anyway so I think most people would struggle to use that. I'm just saying it's up to you what you listen to. Dr D does seem to change the rules on a whim, introducing new things etc. :)

Myself, I find that too much dairy makes me stall.

I'm not irritated - just telling you what's out there. 1kg of dairy is an awful lot anyway so I think most people would struggle to use that. I'm just saying it's up to you what you listen to. Dr D does seem to change the rules on a whim, introducing new things etc. :)

Myself, I find that too much dairy makes me stall.

I wish he would have made mention of that in the book. I initially lost 5 pounds in attack then put 4 back on beginning cruise. I think it was because of the dairy. I was eating tons of yogurt and cottage cheese. For the last two weeks I was stalled at 10 pounds but since I've cut back on the dairy, I've dropped 2 in the last couple days. :p

1 kilo dairy includes your milk (250 ml max - about 1/2 pint). 1 kilo = 8 standard individual yogurts (not Muller) so it would be hard to exceed that.

It slows weight loss for most of us, but best not to cut out completely - the calcium is important.:)

I wish he would have made mention of that in the book. :p

That's why I find it so useful to have this message board, with all the more experienced members (and French speakers!) who follow the Dukan chat and share it here.

I really don't think I'd have made it to goal without their support, recipes, advice and good humour.

1 kilo dairy includes your milk (250 ml max - about 1/2 pint). 1 kilo = 8 standard individual yogurts (not Muller) so it would be hard to exceed that.

It slows weight loss for most of us, but best not to cut out completely - the calcium is important.:)

I did likely come close to that in the beginning! :p I would buy the 32 ounce containers of greek yogurt and pour about a cup or so in a bowl with some splenda and have at it. (That's about 1/3 of the container and I'd do that twice a day!) oops...:rolleyes:

That's why I wish DD had made mention of that in his book, especially since the English version came out in May (or at least made a reference to the possibility of stalling). Oh well, unward and upward!

i also eat a lot of yogurts.

i feel you need them for a little change and a feeling that you are having a pudding!

i have quite a few 0% greek yogs a day and 1 cappuccino with skimmed milk!

The other thing that the book says is unlimited but the official site says not is eggs. I think eggs slow me down so am trying to cut down, since on the official chat they say no more than 5 yolks per week! Sometimes I would have 5 per day :)

Eggs now! Not sure how you can only have 5 yolks per week as I make my galette every day with one. Not keen to just use egg whites. I have no cholesterol problems as just had my blood test back and I was eating loads of eggs at that time. I guess it is just chicken then!

Back