Is this right? SO CONFUSED!!!!

Beatthefat!

i read somewhere on here that doing exercise isnt as effective and that alot of people doing exercise have stayed the same or not had a big loss so theyre leaving exercise till after they get more to there goal am i completely wrong in saying this or is this kinda right? im not an exercise lover if am honest but my husband says ill lose more if i exercise? please help
A x

wow go you so looks like my hubby is right after all must get a grip and do some exercise!! :)

If exercise is completely new to you then u may find ur losses slower for a few weeks due to water retaining around your muscles-keep at it and u should see ur losses increase-all that lovely lean muscle burns more calories,even at rest xx

Hi I'm the same I have bought a treadmill to lose the last 21 lb lost 30 without exercise, however the last two weeks I've sts or gained the only difference is exercising every other day. So exercise must effect it some how :-/ going to keep at it and hope for loses in the next few weeks.

Don't forget ladies exercise also tones your body up. I have lost almost 5 stone but what peole comment on after the weight loss is the fact that I don't have any excess skin or unsightly saggy bits (except belly but thats 2 kids and 3 abdo ops).
Exercise will help but as everyone has said you may not see bigger weight losses but you will see shape change. I weigh a stone more than I did when I got married but wear a dress size smaller so proof it works.

Have to echo the "might not see much change on the scales" message but demo worth it if you want to get smaller not just lighter.andgis the most comments on how much weight I had lost during the time when I was losing the least weight and I think it was because I was doing lots of exercise so toning up. I did feel much better about myself and about my figure even though the scales werent telling me what I wanted.
my top tip is it get someone to help you take regular measurements, as you will see they shrink even if the scales don't reflect that. Measurements to take, obviously bust, waist and hips but also arms and legs (just remember to take them from the same point I.e. 1 inch down from the armpit etc or whatever).
As has been said muscle burns more calories even at rest than fat does so long term it will help with weight loss. For me though the best bit of it is I feel thinner, toned and more confident.

Back