Isabella's journey (taking the scenic route) to 9 stone

Thanks guys, I went for two runs (30 mins running with 20 mins walk either side & 17 mins running with a little walk beforehand) to try to work off yesterday's cals!

I've decided to try to be as good as possible tomorrow and see if i can have a stay-the-same day rather than a gain day.

How are you two? Katie's world- I can't access your diary, I think it's something to do with not having posted enough?

Bella xx

Thanks guys, I went for two runs (30 mins running with 20 mins walk either side & 17 mins running with a little walk beforehand) to try to work off yesterday's cals! I've decided to try to be as good as possible tomorrow and see if i can have a stay-the-same day rather than a gain day. How are you two? Katie's world- I can't access your diary, I think it's something to do with not having posted enough? Bella xx
Awww yes that will be why chick I used to be the same and used to post on everything to get my post numbers up get posting and you can come join me :) Xxx

Thank you for the lovely messages! :candle1:

I woke up with the room spinning (no alcohol involved!) and feeling unwell so didn't have pancakes but still hoping to have hundreds of calories worth of pizza later :)

Last edited:

I woke up with the room spinning (no alcohol involved!) and feeling unwell so didn't have pancakes but still hoping to have hundreds of calories worth of pizza later :)

Bad timing. Hope you're feeling well enough to enjoy the rest of the day. Happy birthday! :) :candle1:

Oh no, hope you feel better. ...you can have an extra slice of pizza to make up for the lack of pancakes

Thanks Bluebex and Sarah :)

I had a lovely day & evening and didn't count calories yesterday! I had soo much to eat:

Brunch (at about 1, once I felt better): Toast with chocolate spread.
Lunch: Carrot soup
Snack: 3(!!) chocolate hot cross buns
Dinner: Vegetable Calzone with mozzarella sticks, fries and a couple of onion rings.
Dessert: Birthday cake & Thorntons chocolates

Sooo going to get on plan today- I really want to get to between 10 stone and 10st 5lbs by Easter, which is a month today so I have to stop the binge-eating.

Each day I'm going to try to have either porridge or egg on toast for breakfast, soup and a half sandwich for lunch, fruit/wotsits for a snack, dinner (with 3/4 plate of veg), dessert (under 240 cals).

Ooh also even though I still fit into a lot of 14s and 12s (I don't seem to have slimmed down as my weight has decreased) I got given some size 10 trousers yesterday and they fit :)

Last edited:
I found it took longer to drop through clothes sizes than I was expecting, you'll notice it all of a sudden x

Yeah I hope so Bluebex, unfortunately I think quite a lot of the weight has come off from my bust and legs so my hips and bum are still quite tubby.

Today's food:
Breakfast: Oatso simple porridge
Lunch: Vegetable soup and a roll
(accidentally also had a chocolate)
Snack: A banana
Dinner: Oven baked fish with chips, peas and carrots

Today's exercise
- A short (20 min) run
- A walk this evening

I ruined yesterday!! I got stressed and ate cake; lots of cake and chocolates because they were there!

Today I went for coffee and cake at a nice little cafe in town (I was so dizzy & faint on my actual birthday that I had to cancel it) but just shared a brownie and had a skinny cappuccino. I went for a short run (20 mins) because I'm still not feeling 100% and my pulse kept creeping up above 200.

Food
Breakfast: Boiled egg and wholemeal toast
Lunch: Carrot soup
Snack: Half a brownie and a cappuccino (anyone any idea of the calories in the coffee?)
Dinner:
Dessert: tbc

Okay so I really don't want to write this down but this diary is here for a reason and recording my binges is one of them!!!

I have just scoffed- 6 Thorntons chocolates, a piece of iced birthday cake and a bag of chocolate buttons. I think I have gone over my TDEE.

For dinner I had Saag aloo with chicken and mixed vegetables.

I'm trying to think of eating triggers and I think they are:

- Stress (I am caring for my gran who has very severe dementia and it's exhausting).
- Having binge-foods readily available!
- Feeling quite down

Last edited:
Happy belated birthday. Yesterday was a hiccup :) how are you feeling today ? X

Like Honey-J said, yesterday was just a hiccup. Don't be too hard on yourself, especially since you haven't been feeling well this week. That must be really tough caring for your gran. Do you have much support with that? I definitely find not having binge foods around the house helps with avoiding binges. I think it's really good that you still logged your food here in your diary too - it can be a lot easier to just skip the food diary on a day like that and pretend it never happened. Hope you are feeling better and have a good weekend :)

Happy belated birthday. Yesterday was a hiccup :) how are you feeling today ? X
Thanks Honey-J:) I had a lovely day, just felt a bit washed out with a virus. Also it helps to view it as a little hiccup! How are you? Hope you're having a good weekend!​

Like Honey-J said, yesterday was just a hiccup. Don't be too hard on yourself, especially since you haven't been feeling well this week. That must be really tough caring for your gran. Do you have much support with that? I definitely find not having binge foods around the house helps with avoiding binges. I think it's really good that you still logged your food here in your diary too - it can be a lot easier to just skip the food diary on a day like that and pretend it never happened. Hope you are feeling better and have a good weekend :)

Yeah I wanted to just pretend I'd been good all day! I ended up having a couple of extra chocolates but usually once I've started overeating I have way more than that!

Thanks, it is a struggle with my Gran; I moved back home a while ago (I was unwell and in hospital for a few months) and since then have been taking turns caring for my Gran who lives with my parents (as everyone works) but she gets very aggressive (hits, screams etc), asks questions incessantly for hours at a time and tries to escape to see her parents(!) most of the time. She used to go to day-care one day a week but she managed to escape without anyone noticing! ANYWAY! How are you? are you finding calorie counting quite easy to stick to?

xxx

That sounds tough. I have a friend who is in a similar situation caring for a mum with Alzheimers, and I know how challenging it is for her. Your gran is very lucky to have you all! :)

I'm finding the weekends tough, really tempted to just raid the cupboard for anything sugary. Really trying to stay focused on my first weigh in tomorrow morn. Overall, I'm finding calorie counting easier than some of the other diets I've tried lately though!

Thanks Sarah, I'm sorry to hear about your friend too, I'm a bit scared that my parents might get it in the future because it's so horrible. My Gran was awake at 3.30am, fully dressed, distressed and trying to leave the house and this morning I found a dirty 'nappy' in her room (sorry TMI!)- it''s the always being 'on duty' that is so tiring and stressful! I lived away from home in Scotland for 6 years and miss just being responsible for myself!

Anyway, weighed in at 10st 9.2lb this morning, which considering the binges (most days I've had over 2000 cals) I'm perfectly happy with! Hopefully from now on I can try to consistently lose 1-2lbs a week again!

The weekends are tough aren't they! It's a good idea to weigh-in at the weekend or on Mondays so you can't indulge at weekends!

Last edited:
Weekends are always the hardest. ...I weigh in Thursdays so if I do go off plan at the weekend I have a few days to reign it in.

I understand how hard out can be for you with your grandma, my grandma is in the early stages of dementia and every time I go to see her she is a little bit worse. Luckily she is still in her own home with my grandad. They both have health issues but are in the fortunate position that they are able to have full time care at home.

Back