Isabella's journey (taking the scenic route) to 9 stone

Weekends are always the hardest. ...I weigh in Thursdays so if I do go off plan at the weekend I have a few days to reign it in.

I understand how hard out can be for you with your grandma, my grandma is in the early stages of dementia and every time I go to see her she is a little bit worse. Luckily she is still in her own home with my grandad. They both have health issues but are in the fortunate position that they are able to have full time care at home.

Aw sorry to hear that Becky, dementias are such nasty conditions- does she have vascular/alzheimer's? It's really good she has her husband there and at-home care :)

My gran's the same with health issues- has had two heart attacks, a stroke, multiple T.I.As (temporary small strokes) and three major abdominal bleeds over the past few years so we've got quite used to seeing paramedics!

How has your weekend been?

My food today:

Breakfast: An egg and a flapjack. A glass of apple juice.
Lunch: Carrot soup. A smoked salmon and lightest cream cheese sandwich (made with wholemeal bread).
Snack: Half a banana and a coffee with sugar pre-run
Dinner: Two eggs (it's a good day for eggs!), carrots, peas, cabbage
Dessert: Red grapes (& tbh probably a choc bar in a bit!)

Exercise: Quick 20 minute, high-intensity (heart rate 170-207) run.
A walk in the countryside (possibly 30-40 mins)
5 mins on the exercise bike

Also re-weighed post-run to see if any of it was fluid-weight and weighed in at 10st 8.5lb, which was nice :)

Last edited:
Alzheimers, we're lucky to have a lot of family around as my grandads health is not great either. I don't think they'll be able to stay on in their home for much longer but everyone is doing all they can to avoid moving them just yet.

My weekend has been lovely thanks, managed to get out on 2 long walks in the sun which was nice

Food today has been terrible but managed to stay within calories!

Your food sounds lovely x

That's really good that you & your family are supporting them in their own home for now cos it definitely can help to be in familiar surroundings.

It's been lovely seeing some Spring sunshine this weekend hasn't it! glad you got out for some long walks :)

My food was lovely today but things got stressful this evening and I ate a Thorntons chocolate too. I'm still eating quite a lot of calories so I need to work on that- I think I had 1800 today, ideally I want to reduce to 1500 or less!

I worked out that my bmr is 1800 with no activity so whilst I set my goal at 1200 daily if I so have a day where I completely lose it I know I can in theory go up to 1800 before it is a totally off plan day. ... This helps as otherwise I run ye risk of just blowing the whole thing!

I worked out that my bmr is 1800 with no activity so whilst I set my goal at 1200 daily if I so have a day where I completely lose it I know I can in theory go up to 1800 before it is a totally off plan day. ... This helps as otherwise I run ye risk of just blowing the whole thing!

That's a really good idea!, otherwise it's just demoralizing.

Weight this morning: 10st 7 (but that was after my run).

Trying to work out what my body needs nutritionally today- so far have had:

B: 2x wholemeal toast, one slice with philadelphia and a little chunk of low fat red leicester (20g so 70 cals); other with 1tsp flora & 1tsp jam.
A glass of mango smoothie.

L: A samosa. A bowl of carrot soup. A glass of blueberry smoothie.

Just going to add up the calories and pop on here- think it's around 850 so far (based on old WW points estimation).

I had a lazy dinner again tonight- Omelette and vegetables (carrots, peas, cabbage) and an Oreo chocolate bar for dessert.

Calories for the day: 1750
Exercise: 20 min run with sprints involving high pulse rate to raise the calorie afterburn effect/ EPOC (Excess post-exercise oxygen consumption), 40 min walk.

Thanks Sarah :)

Today's food:
Breakfast: Oatso-simple with skimmed milk, a teaspoon of muesli and a tsp of golden syrup- 170 cals
Coffee with sugar- 30 cals
Lunch: Carrot soup (bit samey but oh well!), a piece of wholemeal toast and some smoked salmon- 325 cals. A glass of smoothie-126 cals
Snack: Skips- 89 cals

740 cals so far.

Okay this has absolutely nothing to do with dieting but I was just wondering if anyone can give me any advice on at-home hair dyes?

I really want to dye my light-mid brown hair a golden baby blonde- I've never dyed my hair before and rarely go to the hairdressers.

Golden baby blonde - IMO - are not words that go with home dyes especially if you have not done it before and I speak from experience :eek: I once did mine and ended up not having enough colour and send my sister back to the chemist in the village where we lived and they had none of the same colour so ended up spending Saturday evening and Sunday with 1/4 of my hair a completely different colour :eek: and had to go to work with it like that on the Monday.
Have you got a friend that can do it for you?

I would not recommend doing this at home. ...if I do a home colour it is always one similar to my own. If you are going for a change let the professionals do it or you could end up with a major disaster especially as you've never done a home dye before.

Treat yourself to a cut and colour x

Thanks Systema, Becky, Silvermoon and Rachella,

I really don't like going to the hairdressers so have avoided going for ages but it sounds like it's a bad idea to do DIY colouring and I don't want to brassy coloured or damaged hair.

I used to not like going to and felt salons can be quite *****y but now I tell myself it's my pampering treat to myself x

Yeah, I find it a bit intrusive with questions fired at me when I'm trying to be pampered! I also have a sort of germ phobia and I'm not keen on other people's hands being on my hair! (what if they didn't wash them after using the loo?!)

Today I'm feeling a bit flat, not sure why. For dinner I had haddock, chips and peas and a Mars for dessert. My weight was up a little on yesterday and even though I know it's probably just mid-cycle fluid retention, which I get every month, I feel bit fat and am struggling to avoid binge-eating (I keep thinking of everything that I want to eat and feel ravenous even though I've been eating lots).

Last edited:
I'm a serious germaphobe too, though never thought about that at the hairdressers. I mostly hate them brushing my scalp too hard or accidentally spraying stuff in my eyes or yanking through a knot with the brush when blowdrying. My eyes water really easily and I always look like I'm crying!!

Hope you can avoid the binge and that you are in better spirits in the morning. Maybe an episode of a year to save my life would cheer you up? ;)

Hi Silvermoon,

I'm a bit better thanks :). Although caring for my Gran today and she's not well with heart pain/angina and stomach issues so I'm feeling a bit stressy! She's having a nap just now so I'm just trying to relax.

I have thought about 5:2 and wish I was able to do it but I don't think 500 calories would be possible for me just now and I have fairly major issues with binge-eating (the binges I've put on here are much smaller than a lot of my binges!) and restrictive eating has lead to rebound binges in the past for me. If I start to get a handle on my eating and consistently stick to 1500 or less then I might introduce 500 cal days- maybe just 6:1 to begin with :) with one day at 500 cals, one at 1200 and the others up to my TDEE.

How are you? xx

I think you'd be brill at it. I tell myself on a fast day 'it's ok, i can have it tomorrow'... and then i forget about it by the next day! Xx

That's really good! I doubt my will-power but I'd love to prove to myself that I can do it at some point.

Back