Isabella's journey (taking the scenic route) to 9 stone

I might do! :)

I'm going to try harder to count my calories accurately, here goes-

Today's food:

Breakfast: Porridge made with water and a teaspoon of golden syrup (130). Half a small glass of blueberry smoothie (90).
Lunch: Carrot soup (115). A piece of salmon (120) and some wotsits (urm can't remember 120 I think).
Drinks: 2x Highlights hot chocolate (76) 2x black coffee with sugar (32 calories)
Dinner: Lean sausages (the local butcher makes low fat sausages) (the calories for this will have to be guess-work!) with a jacket potato, a small tin of baked beans and side of green veg. (need to work out calories)
Dessert: If I have any left over I'll have a chocolate bar or some ice cream :)

I always feel a bit odd about eating meat, after being veggie for half my life but I do seem to feel better for it and just have to appreciate the animal and try not to think about it too much!!

Last edited:
That dinner sounds lovely, potatoes & sausages are two of my fave foods! How long were u vegetarian? Are you long back on meat?

Hi Sarah,

I was vegetarian from 13 for 12 years, then gradually started eating fish, then chicken and only over the last couple of months started eating occasional (about once a month) pieces of red meat. I sometimes feel odd eating meat but I really loved the sausages tonight. When I was little my favourite meal was 'Sausage, chips and beans'.

Did you have a good day today?

Do you like salad - know it sounds daft but I always feel full after eating it but I do eat loads of it and usually with a bit of protein and carb. My OH does not know how I can eat so much but it works out at little more than 100 cals.
How many cals a day are you aiming for?

Hi Sarah,

I was vegetarian from 13 for 12 years, then gradually started eating fish, then chicken and only over the last couple of months started eating occasional (about once a month) pieces of red meat. I sometimes feel odd eating meat but I really loved the sausages tonight. When I was little my favourite meal was 'Sausage, chips and beans'.

Did you have a good day today?

That was a long time! I went through a few vegetarian phases as a teenager which usually only lasted a year max until I realised I loved meat too much! :) I can imagine it would feel a bit odd at times when you were off it for so long.

Do you like salad - know it sounds daft but I always feel full after eating it but I do eat loads of it and usually with a bit of protein and carb. My OH does not know how I can eat so much but it works out at little more than 100 cals.
How many cals a day are you aiming for?

Hi Systema, yes I love salad and nearly always have it on pasta days. I saw some of the photos of your salads/veg combos- they look tasty! I am aiming (eventually!!) to get into the habit of eating 1300-1400 calories a day. At the moment I am getting through around 1800 calories and losing weight quite slowly but I am running and cycling each day too :)

That was a long time! I went through a few vegetarian phases as a teenager which usually only lasted a year max until I realised I loved meat too much! :) I can imagine it would feel a bit odd at times when you were off it for so long.

Hi Sarah, lol it was probably better for you. It was quite a long time- I just got very used to it and didn't really miss meat!

Last edited:
I actually have a problem with my immune system too. I have to get monthly treatments for it. Sorry to hear you were struggling with depression. I'm glad the meat intake seems to have improved your health. Bacon is easily one of the tastiest foods around! :)

Aw sorry to hear that- I hope you're okay!

Aw that's good.

Yeah it definitely helped with the depression.

Today I have been wanting to snack all day but managed not to eat tons!

Breakfast: Porridge with skimmed milk and a boiled egg.
Lunch: Soup (again). Beans on toast (a small tin of beans and a piece of wholemeal toast with flora).
Dinner: Fish and chips (a really small portion) with peas
Dessert: 30g Chocolate.

Ooh fish and chips. .... maybe if you plan for it as a reward for a good week?

Another great day food wise! I've been craving chip shop chips covered in salt and vinegar ever since Billy and Carol were munching on them drunk in Eastenders the other night! x

Haha! you should definitely have some then, just plan for it :)

Ooh fish and chips. .... maybe if you plan for it as a reward for a good week?

The fish and chips were yum! We bought one portion of chips to share between four of us and I had about a third of a haddock fillet and filled most of my plate with mushy peas!

I've had to try really hard not to binge for the past three days as things have been quite stressful at home.

If I carry on eating around 1800/day my weight-loss journey is going to be a veeery long one so from tomorrow I'm going to try to get to as close as 1500 cals per day as I can manage but today I'll be content with a stay-the-same/TDEE day because I am finding it really hard to even go for half an hour without eating.

Oh also I binge-ate so much in October/November that I developed my first ever tooth cavity so had to have that covered today, apparently it was caught early enough that I don't need a proper filling- it cost over £60 but the dentist is always nice and did it in one appointment where she could have got me to book another. It's just brought home to me how important it is to cut back on my sugar and snacking- I've also given up diet coke (which I used to love and was addicted to) because the phosphoric acid definitely didn't help but I have actually been even worse with my eating today!

Breakfast: A boiled egg and two pieces of toast with flora.

Lunch: Two mini sandwiches (1 slice of bread each)- one with a sardine, one with low fat cheese and 2 tsp flora.
Carrot soup.

Snack: Lovely trip to my favourite cafe with my Mum- had half a slice of carrot cake. A skimmed milk cappuccino.
Also :( Wotsits and a chocolate when we got back!

Dinner: TVP/Veggie burger with chips, onion rings, salad and tomatoes

Dessert: tbc

Exercise: 29 mins (d'oh!) running at 170-210 HR, hopefully also a little walk and/or a short cycle later

Anyway! I weigh about 10st 7-8 just now but have fluid retention today. My goal is to lose at least a pound a week for the next 3 weeks until Easter but I'd love to lose 2lbs a week, which would mean sticking to 1500-1600ish per day and exercising lots! :)

Last edited:
Watching Comic Relief ad eating sugar-free mints to avoid binge-eating!

Just wondering if people could give me some tips for dealing with cravings and sticking to 1200-1500 cals each day?

Hi Silvermoon,

That's a really good idea, I'll remember to do that on nights out.

Even though I loved diet coke though I also found that it made me even hungrier!

How's your day/diet-day been? I've over-eaten but went on a really nice run, which was fun :)

I even take straws when I go to friends houses now haha.

Im feeling hungry now but know that's because my family have had chippy tonight and there's cakes etc on the kitchen side! Telling myself ive had enough treats today and I get another 1700 tomorrow!x

Wow, did you manage to resist the chippy and the cake?! Well done!!!

Bit late now, but at the moment, I'm finding if I build in a treat at the end of the day (when I know I always crave sugary stuff), I think it's helping me stick within my cals during the day. I've been having a curly wurly which I keep in the freezer so then it last ages!! Apparently brushing your teeth can help too. Or maybe you could try to stock up on healthy snacks, like blueberries or rice cakes or something so you can still eat a few snacks throughout the eve and stay within your cals? (I've recently discovered cheese snackajack ricecakes which I really like!)

Hope you have a nice weekend and it's not stressful!x

A pound a week weightloss is best and easily achieveable. X

Bit late now, but at the moment, I'm finding if I build in a treat at the end of the day (when I know I always crave sugary stuff), I think it's helping me stick within my cals during the day. I've been having a curly wurly which I keep in the freezer so then it last ages!! Apparently brushing your teeth can help too. Or maybe you could try to stock up on healthy snacks, like blueberries or rice cakes or something so you can still eat a few snacks throughout the eve and stay within your cals? (I've recently discovered cheese snackajack ricecakes which I really like!)

Hope you have a nice weekend and it's not stressful!x

Thanks Sarah, I think I'll try frozen curly wurlys and snacking on fruit.

I did and I'm feeling good for it today :) have a lovely day! x

That's great :) Wish I had your will-power.

A pound a week weightloss is best and easily achieveable. X
Thanks Honey-J, I'm just feeling a bit out of control with my eating and wish i could get into a routine where I stick to 1500 and consistently lose rather than going up and down constantly!

Today's food
Breakfast: Boiled egg on toast (one piece, wholemeal) with a cup of coffee incl tsp of sugar.
Snack: Red grapes
Lunch: Butternut squash soup
Snack: Quavers and a small glass of mango smoothie
Dinner: Spaghetti with med. vegetable sauce and 20g low fat cheese & a side salad.
Dessert:

Exercise: A 25 minute run, a 40 minute walk and 10 minutes on exercise bike.
I'm thinking of running a 10K- I have never run a race before as I don't have very good stamina but it would give me something to work towards. I was researching runs and there's a Zombie run and a paint run (where you get coloured paint thrown at you while you run) but I was also thinking about running one in Paris or Stockholm? hmmm not sure!

Last edited:
Oh dear! I had chocolate buttons and Highlights hot choc for dessert, followed by two crumpets with peanut butter and jam and a Thorntons chocolate. I am going to type up a little diet sheet for the next three weeks (until Easter) and try hard to stick to it.

Back