Isabella's journey (taking the scenic route) to 9 stone

Oh dear! I had chocolate buttons and Highlights hot choc for dessert, followed by two crumpets with peanut butter and jam and a Thorntons chocolate. I am going to type up a little diet sheet for the next three weeks (until Easter) and try hard to stick to it.

Was this in the evening Bella?? Why don't you buy low calorie foods like weight watchers foods their crisps/biscuits/chocolate puddings / when u get mad cravings like this these low pointed foods might be better to munch on?? You will get there with the 'bingeing' it just takes time.

I'm impressed with your exercise :D

The weight watchers dessert yogurts are nice and only around 60 calories. ...They are really tasty and feel like a treat. ...plus t they're on offer at the mo x

Was this in the evening Bella?? Why don't you buy low calorie foods like weight watchers foods their crisps/biscuits/chocolate puddings / when u get mad cravings like this these low pointed foods might be better to munch on?? You will get there with the 'bingeing' it just takes time.

I'm impressed with your exercise :D

Yes, sadly that's where it all went wrong! I think I will buy some WW food things tomorrow for low calorie binges! I'm actually pleased I managed to stop (I've only managed that once or twice before) at a few extra snacks rather than going on a full-on binge fest! Also thanks for the encouragement about the exercise! I really love running and struggle with feeling quite flat sometimes so find walking, running and cycling helpful! How are you? Have you had a good weekend with lots of yummy low cal food?

The weight watchers dessert yogurts are nice and only around 60 calories. ...They are really tasty and feel like a treat. ...plus t they're on offer at the mo x
Yay! are they on offer at Tesco/Sainsbury's?

Thanks! :)

Yay! are they on offer at Tesco/Sainsbury's?

They were at tesco this week and are at asda too so they probably will be in sainsburys too....not sure how much longer for though as they've been on for ages x

They were at tesco this week and are at asda too so they probably will be in sainsburys too....not sure how much longer for though as they've been on for ages x

Oh okay, i'll definitely look tomorrow! Have you had a good weekend? x

Today's food

Breakfast: A boiled egg and a crumpet with tsp flora.
Lunch: Butternut squash soup. A crumpet with peanut butter.
Snack: I took my Mum to a National Trust manor house cafe and had half a flapjack and a cappuccino.
Snack 2!: Wotsits
Dinner: M&S Veg spinach cannelloni with green beans and carrots
Dessert: Special M&S Mother's day Victoria Sponge cake :)

I've had a really nice day today (went for a lovely run in the morning, then to the manor house place for afternoon coffee and cake (and went for a walk around the grounds and into the wood), gave my Mama her presents and then had a yummy dinner) and feeling happier so less likely to overdo it tonight,

I need to work out my calories for today but I don't mind if it's a 'stay-the-same day' because I'll get back to it tomorrow!

Last edited:
I don't often buy ready meals but when my OH goes over to his mothers for a couple of days I can indulge with an M & S Spinach Cannelloni or if I have to go over with him I buy one to take with me so they can eat meat. They have to be the nicest ready meal I have had - tried some of the other M & S ones but they are nowhere as tasty as the Cannelloni.
Glad you had a great day - food looking good. I had half of a coconut bun yesterday and put half in the freezer for another day but by 6pm that had gone as well.:)

Oh okay, i'll definitely look tomorrow! Have you had a good weekend? x

I've had a fantastic weekend thanks. ...shopping and relaxing Saturday then visiting family Sunday followed by a tea party at my house for mothers day/daughters birthday!

Sounds like you had a good one too x

They have to be the nicest ready meal I have had - tried some of the other M & S ones but they are nowhere as tasty as the Cannelloni.
Glad you had a great day - food looking good. I had half of a coconut bun yesterday and put half in the freezer for another day but by 6pm that had gone as well.:)

They are surprisingly yummy aren't they? It looked a bit funky on the plate because it sort of slid out of the box but it tasted delicious- definitely going to have another the next time we go to M&S. Well done for delaying eating the other half of the coconut bun! :) How was your weekend?

I've had a fantastic weekend thanks. ...shopping and relaxing Saturday then visiting family Sunday followed by a tea party at my house for mothers day/daughters birthday!

Aw that sounds lovely! did your daughter enjoy her birthday party? My Gran thought it was her birthday yesterday because of the presents she got sent/given for mother's day- she was really happy!

She loved it thanks, her actual birthday is tomorrow so she's really milking it this year! !!

She loved it thanks, her actual birthday is tomorrow so she's really milking it this year! !!

Hope she has a lovely birthday!

My Food/menu:

Breakfast: 330 cals
A bag of chocolate buttons (240 cals) and a tsp of peanut butter (90 cals) as light-weight running fuel!
(lol, I don't even care!)

Lunch: 170 cals
Egg on toast

Snack: 150 cals
Oatso Simple made with water (100 cals), a tbsp of Muesli and 1tsp syrup (50 cals)

Mini healthy binge: 195
a samosa (111), half a banana (45 cals), a tiny packet of raisins (30 cals)

Dinner: (Est. 630 cals)
Tortilla with beans, low fat cheese and salad, peppers and green beans

Dessert: a Mars bar

Exercise:
- 30 min run with very high heart rate (195 av.)
- 15 mins cycling (whilst reading, as you do :p)
- 35 min moderately brisk walk this evening

Last edited:
Okay today has not been brilliant! I'm going to work out the calories for the whole day in a second. I need to start setting weekly or twice-weekly goals again because I've let that slip recently!

According to this calculator http://www.health-calc.com/diet/energy-expenditure-advanced I've eaten the amount that I need to eat daily in order to lose a pound a week.

Last edited:
That's a good calculator - it gave me more cals than any of the others I have used. :) Seriously - have saved the page until I get home then going to do some of the tests.

That's a good calculator - it gave me more cals than any of the others I have used. :) Seriously - have saved the page until I get home then going to do some of the tests.

Yeah I think it can do but only if you do quite a lot of exercise? I only count 'Intense exercise' as exercise where my heart rate gets very high (i.e. over 85% of max/ 185 BPM), I sometimes count time on my exercise bike (and time spent doing aerobics DVDs) as 'light exercise' rather than 'moderate' because my heart rate doesn't go up that high when cycling/working out and sometimes I count my evening walks as 'Standing/walking' rather than light exercise because I'm not sure if they're 'brisk' enough!

We had a little crisis situation with my Gran at home last night and I ended up having some extras and eating my TDEE/stay-the-same cals :(

How are you getting on?

xx

Last edited:
Tuesday

Breakfast: Porridge with raisins, chopped half banana, a tsp of peanut butter and a drop of vanilla essence
Lunch: Carrot soup with half a baguette filled with flora and a boiled egg

subtotal: 750

Exercise: 10 mins cycling, hopefully 20-30 min run and 40 min walk later

Sorry to hear that about your gran! Hope all is ok now?

Your breakfast today sounds delicious! And you're doing great with exercise. I'm sure that's a big help to you in managing your stress x

Thanks Sarah, yes luckily things are better.

Exercise does usually help me to deal with stress but I was really tired today so had to try to work up the motivation to go for a run!

Unfortunately after dinner (of Quorn sausages, peas , sweetcorn, carrots and potatoes) I just lost it and ate an eclair, two bowls of porridge with chocolate spread and syrup, a tiny piece of Victoria sponge, 3 chocolates, half a bread roll and another 3 teaspoons of chocolate spread. I know I should just be feeling guilty and grose but I actually feel better for all the carbohydrates (and maybe a little bit grose/over-full too!). I've got into a bit of an unhealthy overeating cycle over the past two weeks and I'm wondering whether I should just try to maintain my weight for a month instead of trying to lose weight; so I don't have to count my calories or worry about what to eat... not sure!

Back