Isabella's journey (taking the scenic route) to 9 stone

You do lots of exercise and your BMI is good so why not try it for a month - eat healthily without the stress, maybe get weighed once a week just to check you are still the same.

Hi Bella. Did you decide to put the weight loss to the side for a bit? Hope all well with you, and with your gran x

Hello lovely Im just catching up with you, how are you doing this week?? I'm starting back tomorrow. X

Hoping your ok xx

Hi Zeke, Sarah and Honey-J,

Just popping back online after a month away from the forum and from dieting!

How are you guys? xx

Hi Zeke, Sarah and Honey-J,

Just popping back online after a month away from the forum and from dieting!

How are you guys? xx
aw bless ya a break is good. Are you back now ? Hope you have a nice weekend x

Thanks Honey-J, yeah back now but not quite back on track just yet.

Have you continued losing weight? will check in on diaries :)

Thanks Honey-J, yeah back now but not quite back on track just yet.

Have you continued losing weight? will check in on diaries :)
No Bella I've been very lazy indeed ( holds head in shame ) :break_diet:I'm sure you will find the motivation soon hun. Xx

No Bella I've been very lazy indeed ( holds head in shame ) :break_diet:I'm sure you will find the motivation soon hun. Xx

Aw don't worry about it! Are you back on track now?

I've binged pretty much non-stop since Easter- I'm not sure if I've gone up half a stone- I will have a little 'Re-start' weigh-in tomorrow.

The thing is even on 1700 calorie days I feel like I'm depriving myself and just holding off from binge-eating :(

Today's 'binge' food record:

Breakfast: A small glass of nesquik in skimmed milk and 0% Activia yoghurt
Lunch: TONS of French baguette with flora and salmon (I felt full and just kept eating) with a bowl of carrot soup
Snacks: 2x 'Egg'n'spoon' chocolate eggs, a bag of Wotsits and a bag of Quavers
Dinner: Chicken kiev with lots of chips, onion rings and vegetables.
Desserts: An Oreo bar (then I decided to just binge again and start tomorrow and ate a double Mars, a double Snickers and three teaspoons of chocolate spread)

I'm fed up of binge-eating now, I actually feel scared about starting to eat in the morning!

Last edited:
No Bella not Back on track far from it really. :cry: I'm avoiding the scales till Saturday yet again, even thou I ate less yesterday. Your food menu looks ok to me not a over binge. oh you do like your chocolate just like me lol :p

Today try and plan 3 meals only today cut out the snacks until the weekend? Don't feel scared hun finding a better relationship with food Is a battle for most of us ' definitely me'

could you tomorrow add a 500 kcal day ???

Aw sorry to hear that! but you might have just stayed the same? Have you been struggling for a couple of weeks too?

By lunchtime yesterday I had just completely given up! I actually ate all that chocolate despite not feeling remotely hungry because I thought it'd be better to 'get it out of the way' but that's just ridiculous! I have just had some porridge so probably won't manage 500 cals today but even just a normal calorie day would be an improvement!!

Also I had been running every day for about 18 months but then found out about 'Runner's face' a couple of weeks ago and since then I've convinced myself that I'm developing 'nasolabial folds/nose-mouth lines' and sun damaged skin from running and so have only been once this week! I love running, it's so silly to be bothered about it!

Last edited:
Also I had been running every day for about 18 months but then found out about 'Runner's face' a couple of weeks ago and since then I've convinced myself that I'm developing 'nasolabial folds/nose-mouth lines' and sun damaged skin from running and so have only been once this week! I love running, it's so silly to be bothered about it!

I've never heard of this! !! Put some factor 50 sun cream on and keep on running x

Binging is the reason I started and failed at so many diets most of my adult life. ...I'd find a diet I liked, stick to it for a few weeks and lose a few pounds then something would send me off plan, I'd binge and then give up.

For me it was a holiday where I got stupidly drunk and over ate every day for a week that made me realise I needed to find a way to break the cycle. ...I started paleo which is incredibly clean eating and cut out all sugars, alcohol, treats etc for a couple of months which finally seemed to get my head on the right place.

This was relatively easy for me as I am single so have no bad influence at home and I had literally no social life to send me off the rails.

I know that's not necessarily something that is practical for most people but what I would recommend is sitting down and working out why you want to do this, where you want to be in 12 months time and how you are going to get there.

Once You have that in your head you need to keep it there, keep focused and be determined to not let anything send you off the rails.

I still often sit in the evenings really wanting a take away, it chocolate or sweets. ... but I have a fridge full of healthy food so make sure that when I get those urges I cook my dinner before I give in to the take away or get myself a big bowl of fruit before I attack the sweets. .... The universe seems to be working with me on this one as last week I really wanted a chinese, totally caved and rang the Chinese to place my order. ..only to be met with an answer machine that said they were closed that night! I told myself that if the urge was still so strong the next day I'd treat myself but was totally over it by then!

I hope i don't sound like I'm preaching or bigging myself up here, I just genuinely wish I could impart some wisdom to help everyone on their journey x

I understand what you mean. Don't give up a Bella xx what's your weekend plans

Hi Bella. Good to see you back! :) I was away on hols and haven't had much time to get on here since I got back. Sorry to see you're still having probs with bingeing. Are you still having a tough time with your nan? It can be really hard to overcome the binges when they're caused by stress. Some great advice there by Becky though!

Have you any nice plans for the weekend?

Hi Silvermoon, how is it going today? I've been too scared to weigh-in too!

Thanks Blubex for your sound advice, you've done amazingly well! It's helped me to think that most other people on Minimins have had binge eating issues at one point or another -I was starting to feel abnormal because I tend to binge rather than just over-eat (if I eat one extra treat I think everything is ruined and carry on over-eating).

First things first today I'm going to make sure all binge-foods (that I can't chuck out) are hidden by someone else and then work from there!

Thanks!

Hi Honey-J, How are you? Yesterday was quite boring- just cleaned the house and went for a wee walk. This afternoon I'm meeting my friend for coffee in town and hopefully enjoying the sunshine. Are you doing anything nice today?

Hi Sarah, did you have a nice hol? is your diet still going well?
I'm having a tricky time with caring for my Gran still, also trying to work out my options for studying this year and feeling quite down, which isn't really helping me to stay motivated!

I hope everyone's having a good weekend :)

Last edited:
A good start Bella with chucking out foods small steps you will get there slowly.

Im spring cleaning /lazy day before my BF comes round.

Keep posting xx

Thanks Honey-J, hope you've had a productive day!

I need to catch up with everyone else's diaries.

I've not really stuck to my diet very well today but going to start recording again anyway and count from tomorrow.

Breakfast Mocha made with skimmed milk, instant coffee and low cal hot choc.
Lunch
Carrot soup
A piece of baguette with light flora & smoked salmon. A packet of crisps.
Afternoon coffee
Skinny cappuccino and piece of Victoria sponge cake
Dinner
Quorn mince with vegetables and mash

I faced the scale this morning and weighed in at 10st 12lbs so I've gained 4lbs in 3 weeks, which I'm actually quite happy about because I thought I'd have gained more!

Back