It’s time.

Warm soup, not hot! I speak from experience.....

eek hope you're not in too much pain. I've not looked at the Dukan diet but it seems to suit you well!

eek hope you're not in too much pain. I've not looked at the Dukan diet but it seems to suit you well!
Thanks, I ended up moving to a plainer low-carb, with Dukan you alternate strict protein-only days with protein & veg, I just can’t do that these days. I know Dukan works as I lost 100lbs on it, and I like that it has daily oatbran unlike other low-carb plans...so long term I think I’ll be planning maintenance of protein/veg/oats and some berries. Will be a long time before I’m maintaining stage though.

Thinking today: L - shakshukah, D - broccoli & Stilton soup.
Made toasted hot cross buns for all the others yesterday without having a crumb, very impressed as it’s TOTM and am a bit low. Three teens and a pre-schooler at home plus a clingy toddler with disabilities and sometimes I’m just weary. Joy of Mum, been doing it for 25 years now so should be used to it 🤣🤣.
Today I’m going to get son to cut the grass, then go on long dog walk with 2 x daughters (one is doing seaglass jewellery for her Advanced Higher Art portfolio so joins me on lots of beach walks!), then think I’ll start a papier-mâché project up for two youngest. I need to do a lot of sensory things and it’s difficult coming up with cheap, feasible ideas.

ahh you really do have your hands full, hope you're having a nice day, seaglass jewellery is beautiful too.

ahh you really do have your hands full, hope you're having a nice day, seaglass jewellery is beautiful too.
Ahh thanks lovely. I ended up so busy I only ate poached eggs, spinach & mushrooms for whole day, but I’m ok. Tomorrow I think I’ll just do everyone the roast and then blitz the veg and some lamb together to make soup for me. Was looking forward to my first low carb arrowroot Yorkshire’s but hey ho can’t risk my tooth.

A nice Easter Sunday really, though up at 4am like today. We went egg-rolling then to the park, even teens having fun, then came home to find bunny had been. I puréed slow-cooked low carb veg for me and youngest and the lamb was so soft you could cut it with a spoon. I love slow cookers. Did copious quantities of roast spuds and Yorkshire’s for everyone so 13yr old son v happy. He’s growing so quickly and struggles to keep from being underweight. In the evening we watched My Fair Lady, the 16 year old’s favourite film. I had one small bar of Aldi Moser Roth 85% chocolate.
Today’s food plans: L - garlic & rosemary lamb again haha. D - baked celery with walnuts and cream, or ratatouille from freezer if I cannae be bothered.

A lovely update - and scrummy food. I have gone off and found a recipe for celery, walnuts and cream. Hold the breadcrumbs and I'll be happy!

I am so excruciatingly tired. I used to have half a pack of biscuits when I got up at ridiculous o’clock, now I know it’s a great bad habit to break but there’s no point eating anything low carb as I’m not actually hungry - I am, simply, very very tired. I’m even too tired to make my first cuppa!! TOTM doesn’t help, being peri-menopausal also doesn’t.
Today’s food:
L - poached eggs with chestnut mushrooms & spinach
D - chilli soup

Just had a bowl of air-fried chestnut mushrooms, very nice. Really must start growing our own, we eat tonnes.
Today’s plans: housework, board games, toddler-herding, dog walk.
Today’s food: B - Mushrooms, L - cream of celery soup, D - chicken & veg curry done in slow cooker so v soft.

We ended up getting our covid vaccinations unexpectedly yesterday; I’m fine apart from a numb arm but husband had to go to bed early with flu symptoms that came on suddenly.
Today’s food:
L - spinach & mozzarella omelette
D - chicken casserole

I’ll be lucky to eat anything before youngest goes to bed today, she’s incredibly clingy and screaming like a banshee if I move a muscle. Don’t want her waking up husband who is still really bad. I’ll make them spaghetti whilst holding her but leave bothering with mine. Just read the professional requests for her nursery needing 1:1 for her all the time...I’m so used to being her 1:1, her intensity/distress/delays, it was hard reading.

Hope hubby feels better soon. It seems the younger you are the more likely you are to get flu like symptoms and feel generally like death warmed up. One blessing for me being older lol

My sisters youngest daughter was very clingy so I can understand how tough it can be to get anything done.

Thanks, I was told by an nhs friend a lot of people are finding that suffer after one or the other dose, not both. So I may have it to come, but I tend to be stoic as I’ve given birth seven times and also had crash surgery resulting in major ICU stay - most stuff pales in to insignificance to all that 😆😆😆.

Your like me. I had no side effects first time round. Neither did my husband or my 81 year old mum. . Wow your a brave lady. I am stoic like you. I tend to carry on. Only times I have been stopped in my tracks was a blood clots in my lungs/ heart attack and a leg ulcer which was 4 inches by 6 inches. The leg ulcer took me the longest to get going again. I was so grateful to scooters for disabled it got me out a little bit and stopped me going stir crazy.

I was looking back at some old photo's of when my 3 children were all under 5 & wondering how I managed to keep them entertained lol. I take my hat off to you Teacup. You're a very busy lady. I'm enjoying reading about your food even if I can't eat any of it.

Both my husband & me were fine following the vaccine but my daughter was really ill for a few days. I hope your husband feels a lot better soon.

@Susie58 I look at photographs of my adult children and just don’t know where the time has gone, I had 3 under 3 plus young teens once...that was an awful couple of years!! Having my youngest have so many extra support needs means I’ve lost a lot of parenting confidence - I simply cannot parent her like the others and don’t know how best to help her. I give a lot of cuddles, they always seem to help.
Too tired to make anything to eat. Having a cup of tea and playing Dungeons and Dragons with teens for the evening.
I’m pleased even on tough days I have no inclination to ‘cheat’, low carb really is right for me.

Back