It has taken me..

Make sure u get straight bCk on it Nd don't throw the whole week away.

If u had 7 roses and one died would u chuck the whole bunch in the bin?

This is one of my favourite quotes! And so true :)

You may find as you go on with S W that the cravings diminsh. Thats what happened to me, I no longer crave bad things. The thing is if you have had a "naughty day" is to get straight back on S W. I actually feel better when I eat healthily anyway. And keeping my slim figure is more important to me now that the packet of crisps. I know I couldnt just eat one packet so I dont go there at all.And I enjoy me choc options and alpen bars too.

You may find as you go on with S W that the cravings diminsh. Thats what happened to me, I no longer crave bad things. The thing is if you have had a "naughty day" is to get straight back on S W. I actually feel better when I eat healthily anyway. And keeping my slim figure is more important to me now that the packet of crisps. I know I couldnt just eat one packet so I dont go there at all.And I enjoy me choc options and alpen bars too.

100% correct as ever Hollysnan - I had a few weeks ooff a while back and felt totally awful by the end of it. I was actually craving all my favoruite SW meals. I love chocolate but if I go a while without eating it ( I havent had any for 2 weeks now ) then I stop thinking about it x

I am in the habit of having a treat (aka binge) night after weigh in and it is a habit I desperately want to break. I can happily get though 100 plus syns after weigh in if I have the lot - pizza / wine / chocolate etc. Then I wake up feeling cr*p on the Friday and really struggle to get back on plan. This week I have a plan to start weaning myself off treat night. I usually have between 5 and 10 Syns a day Fri - Wed then hundreds on Thursday. SW recommend 10 - 15 per day so a total of 105 per week. This week I will be having 10 or less per day and then whatever is left from that 105 I can have on Thursday night so I will have at least 35 to use for treat night.

This is not following the plan to the letter - any kind of treat day is off plan and saving syns is also off plan. However I am hoping that doing this will help me to change my mindset and thus change Thursday night from completely uncontrolled binge night that I struggle to pull back to a controlled, syn counted, treat followed by straight back on plan on Friday.

Thats what I do now. For example I weigh on Tuesday and am already planning a mahhosive burger and 'chips' dinner. My 'reat' as such is that the bap I will use wont be a 60g wholemeal one, but in the grand scheme of things thats not too bad xxxx

Thanks for all your help and advice everyone, fingers crossed no more binges! Feel so annoyed at myself though, it's not even as though I enjoy these pig outs I feel rubbish every single time, why do we put ourselves through these things?! Even more annoyed today, stepped on the scales and I was a whopping 7lbs heavier than I'd been at weign in last tuesday even though I'd been good all week bar yesterday! Not looking forward to weigh in at all!!!!!!!!!:break_diet:

stivesliz i am ashamed of you! a bap that isn't 60g OR wholemeal?!!! and I thought I was bad yesterday having two slices of toast swimming in butter!!!!!!:eek::p

I used to have treats after my morning weigh in. I set out to just have that one thing but found I couldnt stop and would end up binging for rest of day. It was really hard to just get back on it the day after and I found myself trying to restrict syns to make up but then eating loads in the evening cause I'd deprived myself in the day.

I don't have the treat now just stay on plan and feel so much better about things. My cravings are starting to go. I had a few chippy chips the other day and felt totally sick afterwards.

My advice would be to write down how you feel now and then look at that everytime you feel like having something off plan. I have also wrote the reasons I want to lose weight on a piece of paper I keep in my purse and look at it a couple of times a day to keep myself on track. Good luck. X

Thanks for all your help and advice everyone, fingers crossed no more binges! Feel so annoyed at myself though, it's not even as though I enjoy these pig outs I feel rubbish every single time, why do we put ourselves through these things?! Even more annoyed today, stepped on the scales and I was a whopping 7lbs heavier than I'd been at weign in last tuesday even though I'd been good all week bar yesterday! Not looking forward to weigh in at all!!!!!!!!!:break_diet:

Glad you've cheered up a bit xxxxxx Remember you're not alone - we all stray of course and like I said, good on you for admitting it x

stivesliz i am ashamed of you! a bap that isn't 60g OR wholemeal?!!! and I thought I was bad yesterday having two slices of toast swimming in butter!!!!!!:eek::p

Glad you've cheered up a bit xxxxxx Remember you're not alone - we all stray of course and like I said, good on you for admitting it x

Back