It's Now Or Never

Quickie with today's food.

Breakfast: mixed fruit, inc prunes (2 syns), branflakes (HEb) and shape yoghurt
Snack: apple and clementine.
Lunch: roasted veg and pasta.
Snacks in afternoon : pack of green beans, 3 clementines
Tea: cadburys caramel bunny (5 syns). Spinach omlette on huge plateful of spinach with low fat Thai noodles on top.
Stewed cranberries (with added water and sweetener) plus plain natural low fat yoghurt on top.

Really enjoyed the bunny, def tasted better for having saved it. Got a frozen meal out for tomorrow eve so I get some variety.

One day left at work before I have a whole week off. Sooo excited. A whole week with my little man. First chance since I took him to Pompeii last October. Lots planned. :) Busy busy day at work first though.

Hey Pinkie

Sounds like you are having a good week!! Those bunnies do sound yummy - and I'm not even a chocolate lover really :)

What have you got planned with your son then?? Lots of inadvertant exercise?! xx

Hey Laura!! Looking fab there - is that from your weekend away?

Yes this week has been pretty good - really pleased I went swimming - and a few things seem to be falling into place on this diet. I have stuck to it pretty much religiously for over 4 weeks now. And the slips have really just been over my syns twice by a couple of points - so not too bad (and went under on other days to make up for it). Did you know, that apparently in order to change a habit, you have to keep doing the new regime for 30 days (or thereabouts) - in order for the new one to become habit. So I am guessing maybe I have hit that point where so much seems natural.

For example, today is the first time ever, I am sure I've gone to a pub and really looked for a meal that was low fat. Normally I'd say sod it, I'm in the pub - steak ale pie and chips it is please! Unfortunately there was virtually sod all that was healthy at all in this particular pub, so I picked the best of a bad bunch - and took forever eating it too. What is wrong with me? This is all unheard of!!!!

I have my son tonight, as I am dropping him off for a day out with the cubs tomorrow morning. His Dad will be picking him up, and then I'll be collecting him on Sunday early evening. So basically, I have the whole weekend to myself (though am missing my baby just thinking about it!). Keep panicking, that he'll go off into one of his daydreams tomorrow and get lost! So anyway, have an eyebrow wax in the morning, then back home to get ready for football. I sit in the exec area, so it's my chance to make an effort - we single Mum's don't get out too much! :) Then off to football, and meeting up with a friend afterwards. Not sure what the plan is - though I am going to take my SW guide book with me, so I can brush up on good restaurant meals beforehand (sad sod lol).

Sunday morning, I've offered to help my consultant distribute leaflets in the area. I figured it would be good exercise - and it helps someone out, so why not. I want to go for a swim before/after - get an hour in this time. However, I am on call, so if I get paged that little lot goes out the window. C'est la vie!

It was my last day at work for a week. So relieved, though annoyingly a little error has popped up just as we were about to complete testing (after a final code review) - it would have been so nice to have gone on leave, being able to know it was done and dusted too.

So next week what are our plans? Off to a castle with HUGE grounds - so lots of opportunity to run about with the kids (I'm going with my sister, she has two little ones, plus two more that she's childminding). An orienteering half day at the local country park. The bairn wants to play football up the part too - so that will keep me fit (to drop!). Another day out with a friend but not sure where as yet. I was also hoping to fit in Greenwich Maritime, but we shall see. I'm just so pleased to have the time off with my wee man. Probably sounds silly, but with the hours I work, then a day a week at his Dad's etc etc I really miss him. Feel like I only see him one day a week - well I do really. BUt you know, you have to work don't you. He's growing up so fast. So I'm determined to have lots of fantastic memories from this week off.

Our last half term we went to Pompeii for a week, which was fab - had a great time together. I also took him to Rome a couple of years before that. During the summer we do loads of camping (around seeing his Dad and my being on call). I suppose I'm just becoming more and more aware that he is growing up, and soon won't want to do any of that with me!!!! :-( BUt at least I can make sure the time we spend is good time.

Anyhoooooo, just gonna make myself a lovely cuppa, then write my food for the day. :)

Food - Friday 18th February

Breakfast:
mixed fruit (inc. prunes - 2 syns), branflakes (HEb) and Shape yoghurt.

Snack:
apple, 2 clementines

Lunch:
thai green vegetable curry - this was in the pub. The ingredients were all veggies - the rice was plain, so at least that was free - but the curry had coconut milk in - and presumably some amount of oil. So with nothing else to go on - I am taking 15 syns - which also happens to correlate with a portion of vegetable korma - so I am guessing similar fat content. Who knows - I didn't risk any more syns today after that though. Oh and a slimline tonic in the pub for a drink too. Cheap date, me! ;-)

Snack: An entire bag of clementines and 2 bananas. I refused all the biscuits offered to me.

Tea: couscous, leftover roasted veg from t'other night, and then 2 small cod fillets, seasoned and pan fried on top. It was gorgeous! And great as it used up some food that needed eating quickly too.

Having a banana for afters, and another cup of tea (had several today, using skimmed milk (HEa).

So total syns: approx 17 - so slightly over. The lesson learnt there - find a pub that at least does a jacket potato - I really would have been quite happy with that.

As I've already said, I'm out tomorrow - so am gonna brush up on the cheapest way to do food. Will make sure I have an early lunch though - and as I'm off the booze, I won't have to worry about syns there. Will have the opportunity to try and burn it all off on Sunday.

If I don't speak to you before, have a good weekend all!!

:)
xx

Wow I would love to go to Pompeii. It's on my to do list. Sounds like Steven is a lucky well travelled wee thing!

Enjoy your curry!!! :)

Yeah, I'd wanted to go since I was a kid. It was absolutely awesome. If you go, check out Herculaneum. It is a smaller town, but far more intact. I sold,my motorbike to take us. Heartbreaking, but ultimately worth it. Saving for Florida now, but so many places I want to go! :)

Wow, I love your enthusiasm for life right now!! You seem so motivated with the plan and with your son, can you share it please, I really need to find my motivation again!!! Hope you have a fab weekend xxx

Ha ha, well I do have that determined sort of feeling. Re my son, I actually notice an adverse effect on his behaviour when I do sit back more. But at 8 he won't be interested in hanging out with Mummy for much longer. I dropped him off this morning for his trip with the cubs, barely said goodbye to me. As right and proper, but oh, that's my wee baby! lol

Sitting at station waiting for train to meet my Dad then on to the Den. Did my shopping this morning - £110 again. For just two of us. Christ o have to get that down, I'm supposed to be reducing debt, not increasing it!

I am just about to go shopping and I know it's gonna cost a fortune, my list is humungous. Damn eating everything before we moved!!! Hopefully it will last a wee while tho... fingers crossed!! x

Food today:

Breakfast:
mixed frozen fruit, prunes (2 syns), branflakes (HEb), low fat natural yoghurt.
Lunch:
4 quorn sausages, beans, Bacon, tomatoes, onions etc in beany sausage casserole served with couscous.
Dinner:
Pilau rice (2.5 syns), lamb rogan (6.5 syns), spoonful of veg curry (2 syns)
Cups of tea with milk (HEa), various sugar free drinks - tonic water, coke, fizzy water etc
Total syns: 13 syns.

Really enjoyed the curry - wasn't over stuffed (my mate, who ordered more was uncomfortably so). Nice again not to be pissed and make the usual prat of myself as well. Quite proud of myself, this is all uncharted territory! :)

Very well done on your curry! I love going out for a curry, I think it's one of the easiest u can go for in SW!

Unlucky for your friend being uncomfortably full- hee hee! X

I'm not sure eating a curry would be easy for me. I'd be far too tempted by the peshwari naan and poppadoms... :D

Sounds like you had a good time tho, and staying on the wagon is very impressive!! xx

I have just tried to respond to your pm, but it doesn't look like it has worked... I am such a technophobe when I don't know how things work lol. Can you check and let me know and if not I'll send it again! xx

Back