It's Now Or Never

Hope you're ok pinkie! Your cous cous sounds like a yummy recipe I'm sure it will be better next time u make it! Lots of hugs x

Yeh you haven't gone off plan, I wouldn't worry about using all your syns, that's what they are there for!!

Hope you're feeling better, tomoro is a new day! xx

It certainly is, thanks girls. Yeah to be fair I have stuck to plan, even tho I had a real emotional urge to gorge (i snaffled a clementine and diet Indian tonic water instead). Just finished work for the evening, so have to unwind now and stop worrying about it. Got into bed to find a small child in there, spreadeagled across it. Lol x

Well done on resisting. I often feel bad on the days I have a lot of syns but we need to remember that's what they're there for! And Alpen lights are so yummy...

I have gone to the limit if very close every day this week. Hey Ho. Am also feeling very much like I've put on weight. Trying to get more water down me. Aiming for a min of 4 pints (plus cups of tea) each day.

Food for Friday 11th Feb.

Breakfast: grapes, blueberries, cranberries, low fat plain natural yoghurt, branflakes (HEb).
Snack: apple & low fat supernoodles
Early lunch: savoury rice, green beans & carrot. Special k mini breaks (5 syns)
Snack: clementines and a banana
Dinner: cottage pie (inc sweet potato, carrot shavings and extra lean beef mince), served with curly kale, sprouts and runner beans. Popcorn for after (10 syns). Oh plus more fruit and low day natural yoghurt.
Total syns 15.

Today is shopping day so will get that done. Really need it to be cheaper too. Not sure what else I will get up to. My nephews left about an hour back, and I have to be back home by 4 to cover out if hours support for my colleague. So whatever I do, I'd best crack on!

Ah I'm sure you'll be ok! Some people believe the more syns you have the more you lose! Everyone is different though, you just have to find out what works for you!

Water is definitely a good idea, I genuinely believe that it speeds up losses!

Xxxx

Just realised I haven't put my food in for yesterday. I'll do that first then waffle after.

Saturday 12th February

Breakfast:
Grapes, blueberries and cranberries with low fat natural yoghurt and branflakes (HEb)
Morning snack: apple and banana
Lunch: supernoodle omlette on a bed of lettuce plus 9 cherry tomatoes
Snack: 6 rashers OS lean back bacon, special k mini breaks (5 syns), alpen light bar (3 syns)
Tea: 2 corn on the cob, low fat supernoodles, 2 clementines and an apple
Skimmed milk in tea throughout day (HEa) and managed 6 pints of water.

I am clearly addicted to supernoodles at the moment. They are my version of old toot though, and a real comfort food. I felt loads better for the water, not quite as lumpy :)

Right something have noticed, and it drives it home reading other peoples diaries, that I do sod all. Not just exercise, I mean generally. Now to some extent its dictated by my situation, I cant just walk out the door, I have an 8 year old and we're on our own. But I could utilise my time indoors better, and do more at the weekends. Yesterday for example. I had my two nephews Friday night for my sister. My son was at his dads. Now ok I'd been up in the night for a few hours as one woke up, but that is just an excuse really. They were up at about 6.15 and went about 11. The only useful thing I achieved was the weekly shop and a bath. I fell asleep for three hours later,.woke up just before my son arrived back. Had some tea then went to bed early watching the speed skating. As you do.

So what a total waste of the day. I really wanted to go do something, just felt very lethargic and oh, another word that I can't think of, I didn't know what I wanted, so ended up doing nothing. Now I know I lead a busy life with work, bringing up Steven alone etc. But life is too short too. I need to find some personal direction again. It's like I've forgotten who I am and what I like. Next Sat I have Steven Friday night and am dropping him off at 8.00 for an outing with the cubs. Then have the du to myself, well until 3 when football kicks off. So may get swim stuff packed, go do that straight away, then head into town and catch an exhib or something. Sorry, little moan there, but feeling like you're wasting your life isn't the best feeling. I think doing something positive about that will also translate to my diet. Maybe less comfort food required! :)

My baby is here now though. Going swimming with him shortly then over to my parents after lunch.

Oh god I feel so stuffed! Went to the swimming pool with the little man this morning. They have a wave machine there which he loves and I got him swimming in the deep end too, so really pleased. Though I'm sure I was doing lengths quite easily at that age. I used to go much more often though. It cost nearly nine pound for the two if us today. Was only 35p for a kid when I was his age. Anyhow, was good fun. We had lunch at home then visited my parents. My Dad taught the bairn Rummy and so he has a new game to play. All good.

Food for 13th Feb:

Breakfast:
2 quorn sausages, 4 rashers of back Bacon, baked beans, 1.5 grilled tomatoes, mushrooms, egg fried in frylight.
Snack:
Apple and banana
Lunch:
lamb in thin oxo gravy, potatoes roasted in frylight, sprouts, carrots, green beans, curly kale.
Blueberries and grapes with low fat natural yoghurt for pud
Snack:
weetabix oaty bar (6 syns), later - 2 alpen light bars (HEb)
Dinner:
Potato wedges, corn on the cob, quark mixed with a handful if chives.
2 clementines
Milk throughout day in tea (HEa)
Managed another 6 pints if water.

Christ with all this water I have virtually taken up residence on the toilet. Feel really fat and bloated today though. Not looking forward to weigh in at all. I know I've stick to the diet even if I've pushed it at times, but really - I feel fatter. Clothes tighter etc etc. I've lost 8.5lbs so far, I am just dreading getting on and putting on about 5lbs. Feel like I have. Will be so disheartened if that's the case but of course I'll keep ploughing on. Hopefully if will come off again quickly. Really though, I need to start exercising. I've done nothing so far over and above my usual walk to work (about 3 hours a week moderate pace there). Just want tomorrow evening over and done with. Will keep knocking back the water between now and then. It might help! Lol

Well done pinkie! Great loss! Supernoodles are ace, what's your face flavour? The other day my bf made me some with frylighted Quorn pieces mixed in, it was a real treat!

Swimming would I'm sure be a good addition to the plan. Sounds like you had fun at the pool at the weekend. X

Thanks Jules. I know, I do love them. Had another Supernoodle omlette today too, served it on a huge plateful of spinach. Was delish.

I used to swim quite a bit, and reckon I could fit in 3 x 1 hour sessions a week. I reckon it'll make a huge difference to the my weight loss. It'll make all those supernoodles earn their keep too. Chicken is my fave, Thai ones don't seem quite the same somehow. Am really relieved st that weightloss this week though. For first time ever I've stuck to diet 100% for 4 weeks now. So that's gotta be void hey? :)

Am spending the evening planning a camping trip I'm taking the bairn and one of his friends on in June. Really excited about it. Gotta find something that will suit both. Steven (mine) has really varied interests, and I can even take to some art exhibs/theatre too. His little friend not so much. Think I need to focus on active!

Sounds great. I love camping. Where abouts are you thinking of going? Best place I've ever been camping is St David's in Wales- absolutely loved it, loads to do there too- surfing, jumping off rocks into the sea (probs not the safest!), gorgeous Coastal walks, open air theatre, big cathedral, nice wee pubs for dinners!

I bet swimming will be ace for toning up too, now that I'm near target I'm starting to think i need to look at doing a bit of toning of the butt, arms etc... Swimming would probs be perfect! I love how you feel after a swim too! Nice that it's something you and Simon can enjoy together.

Lol - Steven (though I often call him Beanie, he was prem and so tiny and curled up like a little bean). Swimming with him is all splashing about etc etc Fun, but not the same as trying to get 2-2.5k in in an hour. I am a member of Roko so I get to use the jacuzzi, steam room etc afterwards. That isn't real treat and reward for the swim. I've got no midday appointments this Weds, so I can do my half day hours then I have till 4.15 to chill army leisure. :)

Lol sorry about that, I don't know why i didnt remember that after having read it about 4 seconds earlier and the fact that Steven is my own brother's name!

Your pool sounds lovely! I could do with a good jacuzzi!

Another good place for camping is Dovedale! Loverly! X

Hey Pinkie - well done on your loss. Isn't it funny the weeks you convince yourself you have gained, even tho you have been 100% and then you are totally wrong! Well done for getting back t the swimming too. Really wish i had a bit of spare cash to go to the pool or the gym, but for now, I have to make my own fun!! xx

Yay Pinkie! I wrote a really long reply here and then my phone died. Well done for your loss! Go you!

I also keep thinking my luck will run out. I seem to be eating a lot (compared to other diets!) and I am never hungry and yet I lose weight almost every week. I do now, however, know that alcohol really affects my losses so I know to be super careful.

Xx

:) I am 6 weeks into no Alcofrol, and am now getting pangs for it. Just got sidetracked looking for camp sites, and had a crazy idea to get a camping pod in the lake district next week. The spiel tells of local pubs..... oh god, the diet would last 5 mins! Good to see you back. :)

Back