It's Now Or Never

Well done you! That's brilliant work! I started week 1 this morning and found it really tough. I am so incredibly unfit! And there were loads of people in the park. Think I will try it again this evening when there will be less people. I'm so self conscious, especially when there were so many proper runners around!

Woohoo well done! I haven't dragged myself out there yet, think it will be a study break run for me later.

Lil saus, I totally agree with pinkie, the first week is definitely the hardest, the thought of doing 8 one minute runs fills me with more dread than a single run, I think it's definitely easier with fewer and longer. Well done for getting started tho xxx

Food for today....

Breakfast:
Cuppa (soya milk from HEa).
Frylighted sliced potatoes, onion and mushrooms with SW fried egg.

Lunch:
Apple at my Mum's.

Evening snack:
2 double Choc Alpen lights (HEb)

Chocolate coin (1 syn?)

I'm sooo tired now. I always seem to be shattered lately, which is a bit worrying. Maybe I should take some multi vits. I just want to curl up and sleep right now. Too tired to eat though, am about to cuddle up and watch Empire Strikes Back with my wee man who has just returned to me. (He gave me a Choc coin as a swap for a double Choc alpen bar lol

Star week still hasn't started but I felt really fat and bloated yesterday and have been getting twinges today. My body spends 2 weeks pratting about before it happens, talk about make a meal of it! lol. Lumpy mump mump :)

Food for today....

Breakfast:
Mixed fruit, branflakes (HEb), low fat natural yoghurt. Cuppa with soya milk (HEa).

Lunch:
Warm chicken, bacon, and avocado (7 syns, shocking) salad mixed with cubes roastie spuds.
Berries with homemade banana ice cream (HEa for soya milk, 1 syn for 1/4 banana).
Glass of wine (6 syns)

Tea:
Small piece of cheese (rest of HEa).
Onion noodles.

Total of 14 syns.

Parents really enjoyed lunch. Wish I'd put a little sweetener into the ice cream, I'm still learning though. Oh and West Ham got relegated, so all in all a good day! :D

Yum. Lunch sounds delicious. From reading your diary it really feels like you are making changes in your habits which hopefully will stay with you for life. I think it's the only way. Well done on throwing out clothes - I still haven't really had the courage and that's after 5 + stone !!!! I share your frustration about growing out of clothes so quickly. I did that for a while but things have now settled down and it's not happening so quickly. It's that horrible balance between needing to buy stuff to make you feel good and others see what you have achieved but feeling that it's just a waste of money if you only get to wear them a few times.

I am soooo impressed with your determination and focus on the running. I am so proud of you.

How exciting meeting Lil Sausage :). Glad you both enjoyed it.

Hope your Nan gets better soon. Sorry I haven't posted much in the last few days but I will keep popping in to check.

Gail x

Hey Gail! Great to hear from you. Yes I'm alright for clothes now, but it will start becoming an expensive business. Hopefully I won't need to worry till after the summer.

Don't be sorry about not posting, it sounds as if you have enough on your plate. My Nan has started walking a little now, so I'm really hopeful that they will let her out next week. She will stay with my aunt for a while though. When you see the other old dears on her ward (one of whom kept shouting at me saying I was giving my Nan all the attention) you realise how much better my Nan is doing. It's no advert for being old though. :-(

Meeting Sausage was great. I could see some carnage in a pub somewhere at some point. One really far from where we work though, bit of body magic walking there and all that lol

Anyhoo, Return of the Jedi beckons....

Toodlepip! x

U know those people that say "I've never seen star wars" and u go " there's no way it could have bypassed ur life" I am that person, never seen any of them and no inclination to, lol. My ex used to think I was a disgrace cos I wasn't interested in what he considered classic films, but I have little patience to sit thru any films. When bf puts one on, he knows for me it's just background noise to fall asleep to!!

Enjoy tho xxx

Ha ha I do love a bit of Star Wars. And Doctor Who. My mate reckons I'm really a sci-fi geek. But really, I'm not.

Just had a big bowl of berries with a Shape 0. Feel a bit stuffed now.

Plus the lock on my patio doors seems to have broken. Bad karma for laughing at the crying west ham fans. Oops!

Not bad enough to be able to resist sharing this. We got it flown over the stadium this afternoon....

mapzx.jpg

Well done on your run Pinkie!! Fab!!!! So great that you did it. Now what about a 5k race?!

By the way Maverick I have also never seen Star Wars! And I feel the sane as you. And my bf / brother thinks I'm a disgrace. Yeahhhhh boyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy! Xxxxx

Make that another, I've never seen it either!!

You're doing so well Pinkie, can you give me some inspiration!

Last week I put on 2.5lbs - justified and knew why and where it had crept up from but have been soooooo good all week and wrote every single morsal of food on my food diary, went to class at lunchtime expecting 3lbs easily - put 0.5 on! I couldn't believe it, don't know how or why, I could have cried. :cry: Only thing I can think of is that its coming up to * week and that could be it. You'd think the dam thing would just let me have a STS instead of a gain though. :sigh:

Sooo yet again, I'll be 100% this week and hope for a HUGE loss next week. I need 4.5lb now for club 10, 4lbs for 1.5 stone and 5lbs (not likely to happen unless I chop something off) to get into the 13's where I haven't been in a long time but just to see a 13 at the start instead of 14 will be motivation in itself.

Help me anybody PLEASEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!

Lots of love and good luck this week

xxxxxx

P.S I read your diary most days, you are so inspirational and soooooo funny, you make me laugh out loud with your sayings sometimes.

xxxxxxxxx

Hey Saddle Bags, thank you and welcome to Chez Pinkie. :)

Star week does make a massive difference, for me anyway. And I sometimes think it can take a week or two for good AND bad weeks to show through. So, I reckon if you keep doing what you are, then it will start paying off. It's just keeping the motivation when it has slowed down, hey? What about exercise, do you do any? My losses have definitely improved for doing these little runs anyway. I will go find your diary and have a read through.

So today's food. Well I didn't really eat anything at lunchtime, because I was soooooooo tired. Did my week 6, day 1 and REALLY struggled. Think I left it too late in the day. But after I'd done my hours, I fell asleep for nearly 3 hours, only waking as the kids were coming out of school, meaning I drove like a nutter to the school, worrying my little boy would be left stranded (he wasn't, he was last out, as usual). I think it must be the running that's tiring me. Swimming doesn't have this effect, but then I'm much more used to it. Anyhoo, my food....

Breakfast:
Mixed fruit, branflakes (HEb) and lots of natural yoghurt.

Lunch:
Apple (sorry, pathetic I know)

Tea:
Apple, lots of boiled potatoes, salmon fillet (pan fried, nom nom nom) and salad. Tiny piece of the bairn's Easter egg (1 syn).

Evening treat:
Celebratory glass of wine (6 syns), hi-fi bar (5.5 syns, had the lemon one, not that impressed to be honest). Cheese (HEa). Possibly a piece of fruit later.

I weighed in too, and get this: 5.5lbs! WTF! So, now I have lost a total of 2 stone, 8.5lbs. I am gobsmacked. Am conscious that I didn't really have lunch though, although breakfast and tea were huge. I am convinced that its the running that's doing it. An so pleased, am now 6.5lbs off my target for the end of July, and its feeling totally achievable. :)

** edit, oh, and I have now ordered Star Wars the prequel trilogy, I knew you lot would appreciate that lol x

Last edited:
OMG you are doing so well with your losses Pinkie, wish mine would surprise me like that!! Congrats on another 5.5lb, very impressive! And doing Week 6 Run 1... I'll be doing it tomoro, don't want to do 3 runs tho, boooo!! xx

That's an incredible loss! Well done you!
I can only imagine how exhausted you'd be after running for 20min stretches!

And, by the way, a night of carnage sounds EPIC! xx

Thanks Girlies. Mave, it really hurt today! :-( Think it was too hot for me perhaps. Hope you get on better though.

Sausage, def, we'll have to sort something out at some point. Though by the sounds of things, you could do with a few nights in - Miss Party Girl

Anyhoo, I just came up to bed (watched The Single Man with Colin Firth, v good film in my opinion). And look what I found tucked up in my bed.....

IMAG0576.jpg

My wee bairn is so sweet sometimes. He's absolutely soaked in his room, where he'd cuddled himself into his quilt and is hot and sweaty, poor tired baby (he gets hot when he gets tired). Up early for work tomorrow, hoping to walk down to my sisters, maximise the old body magic and all that! Night all x

Oh WOW. That is FANTASTIC. Brilliant loss. You must feel amazing :D

Gail x

Sent from my iPhone

Back