It's now or never

LOL - Yes DIY does stand for Do It Yourself. Its what we call it in the UK when you do your own home maintenance, building work, decorating etc rather than call in a professional. Although, in our case it doesn't count as my OH is a professional contractor. :)

Yes, it can be heavy going sometimes living next door to the in-laws. Not only that but she grew up in the house we live in so is very 'territorial' whenever we want to change something - after all, if it was the way her mum wanted it, why would I want anything different :) :( :)

Oh well - we do what we have to. Anyway, not too bad today apart from 2 Wispas :(

Let's see what the weight loss is tomorrow.

Well I have been shopping this morning and bought our camping food! Since I am going for quick and easy as opposed to healthy and tasteful for the kids over the next week we have -
tinned bolognese to go with spaghetti,
tinned chicken curry and rice
tinned chicken stew and Smash
Tinned carrots - my DS loves carrots
Tinned potatoes - do you sense a theme

and finally sausage and eggs for breaky - not tinned.

OK - so not the healthy fresh cooked meals we have at home, but a week won't hurt and its better than takeaway all week :)

Am now very excited about camping, have new batteries ready for my mini mixer ready for my soups, just need to go put up the tent in the garden and be sure we can do it. :)

Practice camp in the garden last night.

2yo finally went to sleep at 12. Wriggles around the entire tent in his sleep. Still snoring at 9 am though, as is OH and DD. No idea why I am up :(

I did decide this is now the start of my holiday so had pizza and a beer last night. But not too much damage on the scales. So for the next week I will be combining CD daytime meals with an evening meal with my family while camping. Low cal, not very low cal. Then from next week it's SS all the way:)

Hiya Egbert! Sounds like a good practice run if they're still asleep.
Your plan sounds like it should keep your weight stable through the holiday if you do as you've planned. I'm starting to think I might do a camping hol with the fam too, thanks to you. I really hate camping, but your excitement for it is a little contagious lol! I hope you have a wonderful time, and if you end up eating more than planned, then make sure it's something really enjoyable and worth it. I remember OH going away for work once while we were both doing CD and the food laid out at lunch in the hotel was so fantastic he had to call me for moral support to help him not eat anything. He managed to avoid eating, despite all his favourite dishes being on display. Today...he regrets not eating it. He's never seen a spread of that quality since lolol!! Life's too short. You'll have time to lose the weight when you get back, but you won't get THIS time back to have an enjoyable holiday with your OH and kids. Do whatever makes you happy while you're away is what I say! Like TF&G once told me, I should stop seeing it as a race. That really struck home.
Enjoy!! xxx

Cee - I am hoping to remain stable, even if I dont lose any more. But as you say, its a holiday with my family so I am not stressing about it :)

Well our practice camp was fun and I am halfway through packing the car for our time away - as I have a Mini Countryman it is a bit of a challenge. On the bright side, the main things did fit in - the tent, the coolbox and the Kampa Khazi! Gotta take my potty! :)

Try camping - its a giggle!

Just a quick update. Camping is ruining my diet, far too many sausages about.

Having a great time though. Hopefully I won't gain too much!

Enjoy your camping trip and well done so far!!

Right. Fed up of feeling Fat and Spotty and yucky. It's back to the diet. I brought loads of soups with me so I can do this while camping. With a few tweaks. oH may not be too pleased since I brought sausages and bacon and he likes to cook me butties for breaky, but I am getting way too spotty.

Why is it I have a few unhealthy meals and look like a pizza. I'm 34. Too old for acne. Grrrr

Should be weather nice today. So off to do something with the kids!

I'm the same, spotty as soon as I eat anything!
How much longer do you have on your holiday? I've eaten too much the last 2 days, and I'm feeling yucky now too. Mmmm I fancy a bacon & sausage butty now!!!

Well - back from camping and I put a toe on the scales! :(

Well the news is not as bad as I feared - but still a few pounds on that I need to shift to get back to my pre-birthday weight 2 weeks ago. So - back on the diet today with a vengeance! GRRRRR _ GO ME - I can do this.

Well, I am failing miserably at this diet - 2 weeks hols from work and I have not been on it at all.

However I am happy to see that my weight is stable and not gaining so at least that has lessened som elf the worries I did have about maintenance.

Still, today is bank holiday, tomorrow I am back to work and back on the diet. No excuses!

Hey! How's your first day back on going? Mine isn't going too well as I'm now devouring a Cornish pasty :-/
I'm so bored of the whole dieting thing. I've been dieting for so long and I'm getting nowhere. One step forwards two steps back! Please tell me you've been really good today and maybe that'll help me get motivated again :)

Hi Cee

So far the only naughty thing I have done is have sugar in my coffee, 3 jelly beans and no water.

Really trying hard now - I have lost 19 pounds, had 2 weeks off, so now it's time to get on with the next stone. I want a stone off before my next break (although as it's OHs bday in 3 weeks that may be pushing it).

I am going to do this - I am going to fit in my size 14 dress and I am going to feel happy with myself! :)

Cee honey, I think you have to stop thinking of this as a diet that is making you 'give up' the things you want, and start thinking of it as a change in lifestyle. Why don't you try a calorie counter instead - so you can have your pasty, just make a note of the number of calories and then stop yourself having anything else naughty today . . . Hope it works for you hun - what can I do to motivate you? Maybe a race - shall we see who can lose the most by Friday? :( :)

Ooooh! I do have a competitive streak!!
:-D maybe a race would help. Sigh! I just fancy eating and eating. I had a Chelsea bun too. The problem is I don't do too well if I'm not doing low carb even if it's low cal. I'll try to get my head in gear. I'm going out eating all weekend and I feel like there's no point starting now when I'm going to pig out at the weekend. I'll try to be good from tomorrow though. At least it'll stop me weighing more than I do now come Monday?

Back