Its official im pregnant and on the countdown :-)

Time will fly by for a while now :)
Hope you had a good day x

Feeling really big today I know this is normal ? but when your overweight Aswell I just don't want to think people are looking at me and thinking fat lady ? not that they would say that to me but I just feel really self conscious of late ?

Sure you look great but I felt like this as well. I was forever asking DH "Do I look fat or pregnant?!" Looking back I clearly looked pregnant though lol x

all oh says is I look pregnant but I'm like your just saying that! In all honesty id probably feel the same if I was a healthy weight and gaining sometimes we are never happy xx

Haha just try your best to enjoy it and worry about any weight later, easier said than done I know!
It's a lot of change for your body to be going through whatever our sizes before xx

Wow 28 weeks tomorrow I will be officially in the final trimester hehe

Bloods today and then should get my results back tomorrow at my scan and appt :) x

Yay results day just hope all bloods normal yippe xx

Blood results not normal it was 8.4 so :-( I need to start monitoring bloods and also induce between 38-40 week feel really upset now

Blood results not normal it was 8.4 so :-( I need to start monitoring bloods and also induce between 38-40 week feel really upset now

oh hun xx sarah_lou might be able to offer advice, she went through the same thing. Hope your ok xx

Sent from my GT-I9100 using MiniMins.com mobile app

I'm sure il be fine it's just rubbish :-(

Was that for your GTT? I had GD and was on Metformin and insulin as diet alone didn't control it. I became an expert in stabbing myself in the fingers and legs ;) I was gutted but it wasn't that bad in the end. On the upside you get extra scans so get to see your little one more and you get to meet him/her a bit earlier :D I was induced at 38+3 and Cole was born at 39+1 xx

Yes fasting was 4.7 and 2hr later 8.4. Il just have to not google as it starts talking about still birth and birth defects. Did they take cole away for blood monitoring or do they remain with you when they do blood sugar tests I didn't know if it meant special care or not xx I'm hoping I can do it on diet alone but we will just have to see how much did cole weigh again ? They mentioned big babies although baby is measuring correct for it's dates xx

Yes fasting was 4.7 and 2hr later 8.4. Il just have to not google as it starts talking about still birth and birth defects. Did they take cole away for blood monitoring or do they remain with you when they do blood sugar tests I didn't know if it meant special care or not xx I'm hoping I can do it on diet alone but we will just have to see how much did cole weigh again ? They mentioned big babies although baby is measuring correct for it's dates xx

Mine was about the same if I remember rightly. My problem was carbs, they cause your blood sugars to shoot up. I ended up on two lots of insulin, a fast acting one for morning and tea time then a slow release to work during the night as my morning bloods were always too high. But I have PCOS too which they said could contribute to it.
Hard as it is, don't google!! Everyone is different so you may be able to do it on just diet.
They kept telling me I was having a 'big baby' (their words!) and he weighed 7.12 at 6 days early so not the enormobaby I expected. They measure head and tummy circumference at the scans to see how baby is growing as GD can cause these to be bigger than normal.
Because I was on insulin before labour I had to be on an insulin drip during labour but I think that's just for people who need insulin in pregnancy.
Cole had to have his bloods tested every three hours for 24 hours and I think it has to be under 2.8 or something like that. They do it with the heel prick test and it was always done in front of me. I had to feed him every three hours even if he didn't ask for a feed then buzz the midwife who'd do the test.
I asked my consultant about the birth defect/still birth thing and she said that the diabetes can affect the placenta after 40 weeks which is why they induce early. I honestly wouldn't worry about it, I know it's easier said than done but you'll be well looked after and will be induced earlier than that anyway. I honestly can't fault the NHS for anything to do with my GD. They acted so quick at each stage. X

How long did it take you to be seen the consultant tried to get me in today but fully booked for 2 weeks. I will need a bm monitor and book but I don't think waiting 2 weeks will be acceptable. They said someone would call me today. How long was it between your results and getting a machine to monitor x

How long did it take you to be seen the consultant tried to get me in today but fully booked for 2 weeks. I will need a bm monitor and book but I don't think waiting 2 weeks will be acceptable. They said someone would call me today. How long was it between your results and getting a machine to monitor x

I had my test on Monday, results Tuesday and was at diabetes clinic on Wednesday. The person ringing you will probably be from the diabetes clinic. They got me in first thing the next day and a diabetes nurse went through everything with me then showed me how to use the monitor etc. I didn't see a consultant for two weeks then it was every other Tuesday after that. The diabetes clinic will manage your blood testing and if you need medication if it's anything like mine, to be honest the consultant did very little other than make sure I was ok and book me in for induction. I had to go to the diabetes clinic for my Metformin and insulin too. The diabetes nurse and doctor also came to every consultant appt. There was a room full! A nurse would do my urine and blood pressure first then if I was having a scan that would be next then see the consultant. There was me and Tom, the consultant, diabetes doctor and nurse and a midwife in the room every time.
I had my first appt at 30 weeks which was urine, bp and consultant. Then at 32 weeks I had the same plus a scan. 34 weeks was the same with no scan then 36 weeks was the same with a scan and induction booked. They use a Doppler on the weeks you don't have a scan. X

Ah lovely hopefully il have my own little checker tomorrow :) yes il have a Scan at 32 34 36 the 34 was already booked they may cancel that but yay to seeing baby more lol x

Ah lovely hopefully il have my own little checker tomorrow :) yes il have a Scan at 32 34 36 the 34 was already booked they may cancel that but yay to seeing baby more lol x

One tip I got was always wash your hands before you test as food can affect the reading. I once did it after eating an orange...12.5!! Washed my hands and it was 7. Something. Scared the hell out of me!! Lol x

And also try to test on different fingers. My fingers got a bit sore from doing it in the same place then when I went in the bath and my skin went wrinkly you could see loads of holes and they took ages to clear up. It also hurts less if you do it in the side of your finger as opposed to on your finger 'pad' if you know what I mean. It's not painful, just a sharp feeling but you get used to it and don't even notice it by the end x

Back