It's quiet in here!

Sage-femme

Silver Member
I haven't been on these forums for ages but they are so quiet now! I used to post, then check an hour later and reply to loads more posts! Sad I know :p

Is everyone hiding somewhere?? :eek:

Yes, I've noticed that. I used to post on here quite a lot and people always used to leave kind feedback and nice words etc, but I kept getting blocked. It used to be sooooo busy but has now has gone amazingly quiet.

I suspect all potential topics of conversation have been nearly used-up. I suppose there's only so many times a person can ask stuff like 'is it Ok to have a deep fried mars bar and a large portion of chips provided I drink it with an Exante shake and if so, will it keep me in ketosis?' and if another person logs-in to ask if it's Ok to drink a certain bottle of own-brand cola/lemonade/fizzy water, I think I shall...

I mean, although I stick to this 'no citrus' thing - because I'm told to - I'm as sure as sure can be that whether I drank Coke Zero (no citrus) or Pepsi Max (citrus), it would have no impact on weight loss whatsoever. But, of course, I could be wrong.

I also get rather tired of the people who post the: 'Who wants to do the 50 day challenge to lose 18 stone with me?' contributions. They set up these 'challenges' and about 28 people respond with 'yeah, I'm in!' and 'yes please!' and so forth and then...it all seems to get forgotten about very quickly. Most of the people sign out and never seem to return. I guess the call of the local Dominos Pizza became too much? No idea. I do remember, though, a woman who started an Exante-based Youtube channel about a year ago. She filmed herself talking directly-to-the-camera, holding her packets of Exante shakes and saying proudly how 'they'd arrived' and how she was finally going to shift the five or six stone she needed to shed. She was very enthusiastic in the way she spoke.

Two videos later, she'd moved from the 'Total Solution' to the 'Working' saying it was "too hard" (she'd only been on it about three or four days) and then she disappeared from youtube altogether, with her final video being something about how the diet wasn't what she'd hoped it would be (I'm unsure what she'd hoped it would be) and mumbling something about being needed down at the town-centre KFC. I'm assuming her Exante Shakes stayed underneath her bed like some dirty little secret until their expiry date had set-in, or she perhaps flogged them off on Ebay? No idea.

I do wonder, therefore, what the actual, genuine, total success rate is on a VLCD e.g. the total number of people who start one with more to lose than, say, 4 or 5 stone, who actually go on to complete it. I'd say less than 5% but I could be being negative here. Well guys, it's a topic of conversation isn't it?!?! Much better than cirtic acid or setting up dodgy challenges?!?! Opinions please?!?!

Laughing bean, I loved your post.?!!

I used to post on here ALOT but I got to goal about 3 months ago and though I'd move into the maintainers thread but its even quieter on there! Not sure if that is linked to your comments on dominos or KFC..............

Anyhow, I'm always hanging around and if there is a good thread then I'll join!!

Laughingbean, I get the impression you're quite angry at how this site is used, maybe set up threads you would prefer to see with a clear title for people to join and debate? I think that'd be a great addition to the forum.

I think the most 'obvious' threads are popular because, well, we all deal with the same things on this diet and sometimes people just want to see who else is out there, even if they don't have a pressing question. Fair enough I think, the Internet is big enough for everyone!

Wondering if it'll get busier in new year...

It *would* be good to hear some success (or not) stories that don't originate from Exante website - esp as maintaining is a massive concern for so many (me included)

There are some in the maintain section and there's a new before/after pictures thread.

Plus there are loads from other VLCDs that are exactly the same other than the cost... commented on a post earlier where the member had lost over 9 stone on another VLCD 4 years ago and is still at goal weight

GetSlimQuick was on exante at the same time as me last year, she was at goal in November and now this november it's been a year and she's still at goal. i think she has a thread in the maintenance section xx

Im still around. 9 weeks in now so laughingbean kfc has yet to come a calling.....

To be honest i think a lot of people get to a certain point and realise nothing much else is going to change once ketosis sets in. Barring weight of course! The first week seems to be the busiest for people posting with questions etc but after that you sort of 'learn as you go' i guess......

Back