I've done it before - time to do it again! My weight loss diary

Is the recipe for mushy pea curry minis?

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Just getting my spag bol ingredients ready to go in the slow cooker :D Really looking forward to it now

Haven't had spag bol in ages, mmm. May have to add it to my food plan for next week :D I do a green version though and use red lentils in place of the mince. Yummy! Enjoy Em xx

Is the recipe for mushy pea curry minis?

I chopped 3 chicken breasts into bitesize pieces and then fryed in frylight
fryed onions, garlic, and red pepper
then added 1 can of tomatos, 1 can of baked beans and 2 cans of mushy peas
stirred it all together with some ginger powder and 2 teaspoons of korma spices
simmered for an hour :D

Haven't had spag bol in ages, mmm. May have to add it to my food plan for next week :D I do a green version though and use red lentils in place of the mince. Yummy! Enjoy Em xx

oohh I may have to try that version :D or add some red lentils to thicken it up a bit as so far so good, I'm doing well on extra easy and I definitely think when I started adding the extra hexs when I did red or green that I ran into trouble as I'd normally forget what I'd already had.

Bruce loved sitting under my feet as he got the ends of the carrots after I'd grated them, then he'd throw them around the room before chomping on them. They help his teeth much better than a dentastick :)

I think tomorrow is going to be my real test with being at mum's for the day (am undecided at the moment whether I want to go today or not). I might save a portion of bolognese to take there with me for lunch as we're having sausage, bacon, egg, tomatoes and mushrooms for dinner tomorrow night :drool: I think I'm going to get Chris to get the morrisons nume reduced fat pork sausages (I think they're 1 syn each after searching).

Ok, so maybe I was wrong about that. Today is going to be quite testing from the looks of things. Just found out that a friend of mine had twin boys yesterday and while I'm so happy for her as she tried for ages and ended up having to have ivf, I'm feeling a bit sad as I really want it to be mine and Chris' turn. Trying to remind myself that losing this weight will help loads and if it comes to it we'll go down the ivf route, so comfort eating won't help at all :(

I chopped 3 chicken breasts into bitesize pieces and then fryed in frylight
fryed onions, garlic, and red pepper
then added 1 can of tomatos, 1 can of baked beans and 2 cans of mushy peas
stirred it all together with some ginger powder and 2 teaspoons of korma spices
simmered for an hour :D

Thanks Em, will try it x

I'm another re-starter, just last week I decided to give Slimming World another bash!! Lost 2lbs in my first week and I didn't stick to the plan religiously, so I'm pleased with that!

I look forward to catching up with your posts regularly ShakeEmUp! I'm sorry to hear about your Mum, I think it's really brave of you to pick up slimming again so soon after such a horrible event in your life, particularly on top of all the other stresses. Bravo to you! :)

Bruce is adorable - how old is he?! Such a cutie! x

Just a quick food update for today, going to spend the evening playing with Bruce, maybe I'll get more of a lie in tomorrow if he's tired out? ;)

Breakfast - apple and strawberries
Snack - crackers (5 syns)
Lunch - lychees followed by super noodles
Dinner - spaghetti bolognese with cheese (hexa)
Snack - ryvita fruit crunch (hexb) and choccy philadelphia (8 syns)

I'm going to try and go to mum's prepared tomorrow, I have a portion of bolognese that I plan on having. And I think I'll take a good selection of fruit with me so I can save my syns for dinner (sausage, bacon, egg, mushrooms and tomato) and a snack later on at night (probably some more ryvita fruit crunch and choccy philadelphia) :D

Hope everyone has a good night xx

Em, I have to tell you this :D

Your little Bruce sooo reminds me of Bruce Bogtrotter from Matilda! Very random I know, but every time I hear his name that's what I think of. Especially with him being chocolate coloured. I keep thinking of this image of Bruce Bogtrotter with chocolate cake all around his chops...

bruceconquer.jpg

Stevie that's exactly what my brother's gf thinks of when she shouts Bruce :giggle:

I am so pleased I am not the only one hehehe :D Every time I hear his name mentioned now this is what I will be thinking. Such a little cutie, he is beautiful! xx

I've been bad :eek:

I was curious as to what the scales were doing and wanted a bit of confirmation that what I'm doing definitely works and hopped on them this morning and I'm 3lb down so far :woohoo:

Breakfast for today has been an apple and half a dragon fruit :)

I've set myself my first big goal and that's to get down to 340lbs. Apparently losing just 10% of my body weight can help fertility wise, so that's my first goal. I'm not going to change my ticker as I want to stay at 7lbs a time so that I don't get too daunted and scare myself. But oddly enough I feel strangely motivated to keep at it and get down to 340, I can totally do this :D

Morning lovely, definitely going to try your Mushy Pea Curry recipe sounds divine....Bruce is gorgeous, so reminds me of Chester when he was a pup, cept that Chessie Boy is black not chocolate lol
Have a good day sweetie, definitely stock up on the fruit for your Mum's, what your having for your dinner tonight I have every Tuesday night, except I prefer Tesco Healthy Choice thick Cumberland Sausages @1 syn a piece and I add 120g of Home Fries cooked in the oven @ 4syns, feels really naughty and that's why I love it lol

Oh and I know you can do this hun, this is YOUR year what with the wedding and all...can feel it in my waters xxx

Have a fab day hunni xxx:hug99:xxx

Thank you Lily :bighug:

I feel so determined, it's kind of like a fire inside of me if that makes sense? Whereas last year I think I was doing it because I felt like I had to. This year I'm doing it because I want to and I WILL make it work. I'd love to end the year married (well that's a definite) and fingers crossed pregnant.

I'm going to ask Chris if we can do a Joe's Sausage order soon as we both REALLY like their cumberland sausages and as syn free sausages, you can't really go wrong :D

I've given myself a little incentive as well, for every 7lb lost I'm going to treat myself to a new dvd :D

Technically Joes Sausages can't be classed as syn free as SW don't actually endorse them anymore and they aren't 100% sure what goes into them, but it's like the Pitta bread thing, if it worked when they did endorse them why wouldn't it work now ....I don't necessarily agree with tweaks, but I do go with the idea that if we were able to use them a few months ago and they were free or a hexb and nothing has changed in their make up, then why not !!

I feel the same as you hun, last year I was just going through the motions, this year....WE WILL DO IT !!! XXX

I have one of those dream pots and every week after wi, if I lose I put in £1 for every lb lost but if I gain I put in £2 for every lb gained, had a nice tidy little sum last year and we used it as the bulk of our holiday spending money, can't wai to see what this years does lol xxx

That sounds like a good idea with the dream pot Lily, I may have to take on that idea too :D I don't think I actually gave myself any incentives last year and that might be part of the reason that I slipped up, I don't know. But this year, I'm doing things differently :) No more hiding when things don't go right, as I'm not going to class then I need the support of this place more than ever and may sometimes need a kick up the backside. I have this account logged in on my phone too, so it's always going to be on hand :)

I've just been looking at the Joe's Sausages site and they have this up

Slimming Clubs - Joe's | Making low fat food taste great

Having never eaten Joe's sausages, believe it or not I have only just begun to like them, always hated them as a kid and most of my adult life, can still be a bit iffy if someone tries to give me one on it's own lol, I have never really given any thought to what they have and their nutritional value, but I do remember my C saying what I said to you up there when SW decided to withdraw their endorsement. Might have to give them a go then lol

I do go to class and it's always nice to have as much support as you can get any day of the week.

I can't remember exactly how much I had in my dream pot last year, but I know it was over £300, which was great, the week I gained 10lb was a big help to my pot but not to my purse ...well now then at least lol ...I never used incentives till this time around but I have learnt to, I was buying some beads and charms for my bracelet, but this time I want to have enough to have my target weight tattoo done and what a great way to pay for it xxx

Back