I'VE FINALLY DONE IT!! TARGET!

Amazing.. well done! x

Just wanted to share my success story with you all - in the hope it will motivate someone. I will attach some pics as well.

Some of you may have read my diary - most of you won't have : )

On May 21st 2011 I weighed 15 stone 3 lbs. I am 5 foot 4 and this was obviously far too heavy for my frame. I wore a lot of leggings and tunic tops < which I would never personally choose to wear > and always felt uncomfortable because I love make up and doing my hair etc and it all felt so pointless when I looked in the mirror and was never happy.

I joined a gym and got a Personal Trainer and by November I was 13 stone. I then ate like a mad thing over christmas and weighed in at 13 stone 12lbs on January 21st 2012. I then faffed about a bit calorie counting and on June 30th I was 12 stone 4 and a chubby size 14.

I then decided to get rid of the weight once and for all. I had been overweight for over 6 years < since the birth of my second child > and I needed to be slim once more for ME. I found a Cambridge Diet Counsellor and I did 'Sole Source' for almost 8 weeks. I won't pretend that this was easy or that I enjoyed every moment but it worked. I am now 9 stone 13 and for me , that is TARGET!!! I am size 10 now and intend to stay this way. I'd like to chip away at another couple of pounds and I am now back in the gym every day and eating carefully.

I am proof that you CAN lose weight - I have lost over 5 stone in a variety of ways over the past 15 months. I read a lot of people's diaries and found them either motivating or I identified with them. Here are my top tips for weight loss and motivation - well, they worked for me so maybe someone can take something from them too...

1 . Being overweight is hard. Losing weight is hard. Choose your hard.

2. Write down what you will do once you are slimmer. For me, it was wearing belts with tops tucked in, feeling comfortable in a vest top, buying size 10 clothes and buying what I wanted to wear - not what would fit or cover me up. I love mini skirt with opaques, vests and 'trendy' clothes. I can now wear them.

3. Read all the diaries on here. Log on here often and have a read through. Join a couple of diaries or start your own. Chat with folk who understand what you're battling.

4. Think of the health benefits. At 15 stone I started to get heartburn and my knees hurt slightly. This all stopped as soon as I dropped under 14 stone.

5. Do not fool yourself. Make the commitment. And making that commitment means making sacrifices. No, you can't have 'days off' every week or exceed your points every other day or eat a load of chocolate and expect to lose weight. it won't happen. Be tough with yourself and remind yourself why you're doing this. Why ARE you doing it?

6. Regardless of the plan you are following, ALWAYS keep a small eye on your calorie intake. Now, this, I know, is controversial. ' Oh but I am on Slimming World and we never count calories! '.... you should. I have done SW myself and like the principles but the fact remains - if you eat a load of rice and pasta as 'free' foods your weight loss will stall. Same for carbs, white ones especially. Don't eat carbs every meal.

7. Reward yourself for every week's weight loss. And no, not with a bag of Minstrels. A nail polish, a new top, a manicure, a book, some earrings, a lip gloss.

So, that's how I did it and what motivated me. I hope it inspires someone.

Wow that's brilliant and well done - as u say it's hard - but I know who's to blame for getting me so big!! It is inspiring to hear that someone's got to goal - and with 2 children too! Thanks for sharing ur story - and good luck with maintaining - that's no stroll in the park for me at least!

Very inspirational! You look amazing!

I am just reading this and came across your quote - it's really resonated with me so I'm going to put this on my fridge as it's 100% correct...choose your hard - brilliant!!!

1 . Being overweight is hard. Losing weight is hard. Choose your hard.

wow!

I have just started again too! I have just come back on the forum and saw this post, it made me cry! I want so desperately to lose weight, I was between 8-9 stone around 6 yrs ago, until I got bit by a tick and then got Lyme disease.
At 15 stone 13 I wanted the ground to swallow me up! So I soon realised ive been making excuses not to diet as much as I want to lose weight, its a vicious circle!

Last week I got my bike out, I rode 8 miles, then 2 days later 12.65 and the next day 12.65

I felt amazing as if I had come to life! No more hiding away so no one could see me. I now weigh 15 stone 5lb, gosh that was painful to type :/

Im going to do it, no more excuses, fed up of living in a prison ive created my self!

Good luck to every one, you CAN do it!

Lil Me, you can do this. Fantastic for you to have done all that on your bike - amazing! I know what you mean about the prison, I'm escapting too...we can ALL DO IT x

Thanks guys! Am still here and still maintaining - I'm just at the end of a drive to drop a few lbs... I've got a holiday coming up and was 10lbs over where I feel most comfortable so I'm being super strict again for now.

What seems to work best for me is being strict during the week and then eating what I fancy at the weekends. If I take my eye off the ball, I just revert to stuffing my face with kettle chips and cake so I've had a couple of years now ( almost! ) to accept that maintenance is harder than losing it. I mean, where's the incentive? there seems to be no more goals to reach.

For me it's.about clothes ( shallow) ... I love clothes and shopping and I will never buy over a size 10 again. It's a promise to myself. So if those size 10s feel tight, I immediately cut back. And it's also about my health... I want to do all I can to avoid things like diabetes etc so I try my best.

Always happy to help and advise on anything

Sent from my C6903 using MiniMins.com mobile app

A new pic taken the other week. I'm proud that I'm still here almost two years after losing the weight.

Just dig deep, tape your mouth up in the evenings when you're craving chocolate and take.more baths. Honestly - you can do it

Sent from my C6903 using MiniMins.com mobile app

Your tips are motivational for me here, at the start of my journey. Thanks for sharing :D

Congratulations that's amazing! I think the success stories on here really motivate you to keep going, and yours is great :)

Me at over 14 stone and me at 11 stone something

Just catching up and all I can say is WOWZA Hun, you have done amazing.
It's great to see you have all done so well x x x

Back