I've joined....

hey lisa im 5ft 2 and im trying to get to 9st which i will be happy with but really i could go lower but i have to take into consideration that im now 42 and not a spring chicken anymore so really i just want to be healthy ,i have got down to 8st 9 and i was told off quite a few good mate's that i looked to skinny even though i thought i looked ok but now im older im going to be realistic with myself because i dont want to be to skinny just healthy !!

mine too lisa, me and food really do not get on, its my best friend and my worst enemy! and i didnt need to get so big during pregnancy it was just my way of thinking i COULD, have to pay for it now too. 9st 2 is where im happy at also and at 10st 7 i was still 'chubby' 9st 2 gives me that extra piece of mind where i can gain a couple of pounds on those off days, i think you are doing fab, you know you're body and you now where you are at peace with it :)
x

Lisa think we all have an odd(bad) relationship with food, its why we're here. Its not weird or anything to have a weight in mind.

Body image is so hard to deal with. We just have to hope that we can know what looks good when we get there and be healthy.

Elbow width??? how the heck do you measure that? (and what IS that!)
its the width of your elbow . mine is 4"

Body image IS a tough one... seeing oneself as one is, while losing weight, is tough also. I still examine myself intently as I pass by shop windows... ("who's that?")

its the width of your elbow . mine is 4"

I must be dumb then cos I'm looking at my elbow and am unsure what to measure! (and/or why/how my elbow "width" could possibly relate to the rest of my body!!)

hold you arm with palm facing upwards and measure the width of your elbow ??? cos it will tell you what you should weigh relating to the size of your bones.

hmm... arm is rounded, ruler is not... I give up on this one!

Thanks for your patience vicky!

just measure it flat?

somewhere between 8 or 14 cm... as you press ruler on it, my flab flattens and I could have it say anything...

methinks this is a silly measurement cos I've got fat arms!

lmao. tape measure then?

I don't happen to have one of them in my outsize handbag! But, seriously, how the heck can an elbow relate to the rest of your body, any more than say one's feet! What's your shoe size?

because your elbow is a bone? same as your wrist for dukan? feet are size 6.

My feet are 40... 6.5.
But my arms are fat and there's flesh around the elbow!

can you not pull it taut and get someone else to measure lol.im definately big boned.

big boned with little feet then!

I'm on my own here... I've tiny wrists so the fact that I've big fat flabby wobbly arm flesh isn't really here nor there! (You're going to give me a complex now about my overweight ELBOWS!).

Dear Doctor - What exercises can I do to slim my ... err... elbows?!!

lmao. just arm exercises. get a shake weight :D

can't do arm anythings... have tennis elbow... (ooooh maybe that's why I have fat flabby wobbly arms!)

lmao Jo thats sooo funny.

Jabbing elbows into the flabby tummy of any particular annoying man? That's surely low impact exercise?

Back