Ive not had any shakes today

kellmo

Gold Member
My husband is very ill in hospital and I am very worried. All I managed today was some salmon and asparagus at 5pm and I've just had some boiled eggs and ham. I drank water and coke zero but I have no appetite. What can I do? I can't stomach the shakes.

kellmo said:
My husband is very ill in hospital and I am very worried. All I managed today was some salmon and asparagus at 5pm and I've just had some boiled eggs and ham. I drank water and coke zero but I have no appetite. What can I do? I can't stomach the shakes.

Can you have a different pack? A meal or a soup or a bar instead? Hope all is ok with your husband x

Sent from Jo's iPhone using MiniMins

Last edited:
I can't face them :-(

I've gone past the point of hunger. I'm going to have to force them down today I know. X

Waiting for my order do hopefully it'll arrive early and i can nibble on a bar.

Hugs and stay strong:(

Stay strong sweetie, and do whatever you need to do food-wise. I don't advise eating junk food as you'll feel rubbish, but make sure you're getting good nutritious calories somehow even if they're not through the shakes. Try the bars (even an atkins bar perhaps if the S&S ones haven't come yet), vegetable crudites and whatever protein you feel like you can manage. Although not strictly SS, M&S do precooked chicken slices in various flavours with very little carbs? I think protein is quite hard to take when you have no appetite - my fallback is little cubes of marinated tofu or adding silken tofu to the shakes if you can manage them.

And remember - if you have to play around with the plan a little or perhaps go off slightly it isn't the end of the world. This is a difficult time for you and no-one expects you to be a superhero; you have to do whatever it takes to keep yourself strong, well, and able to cope with this awful situation.

Thank you so much, on that awful day I managed some salmon and asparagus and then some ham and eggs, lots of water but no sns. I've gradually been drinknig more shakes (2 yesterday) and I did have some m and a chargrilled chicken whilst I was at the Trafford centre (shopping for clothes whilst my hubby was havong multiple tests), then I had some salmon.

Today he is home and been diagnosed with pericarditis which is the lining of the heart inflamed due to a bloody viral infection of all
Things!?!?

He has good, wide arteries and a new found determination to lose weight and get fit. I have just made him a chickpea stew and he cleared his plate (he's a steak and chips man!) without a fuss or a moan. Very proud of him!!!

Back