I've started, and I WILL finish fabulously (that's the plan anyway) :)

Try and add a little extra protein to your day for a little more energy if you need to. Think it's your body reacting to lack of carbs, some suffer more than others.

Thank you, so would say, a chicken breast, have much impact on my weight loss do you think? xxx

It's all protein, max of around 200 calories, so no I wouldn't say it would make any difference. I've had extra protein on days where I've struggled. It's really your choice though.

It's all protein, max of around 200 calories, so no I wouldn't say it would make any difference. I've had extra protein on days where I've struggled. It's really your choice though.

Thank you,
I'll give this a go if it continues :) xxx

Yeah, I remember years and years ago...my mother and I stupidly embarked on a starvation diet. It was the most idiotic idea either of us has ever followed through with. Its not sustainable, not to mention dangerous, I dunno what we were thinking. anyway. We were having nothing but water and a little veg juice (V8) every day and the first few days I was weak and cranky and shaky. So i know what youre talking about. Its unnerving but i reckon if you try the protein like Caz said, it will help, should you feel you need it x

Yeah, I remember years and years ago...my mother and I stupidly embarked on a starvation diet. It was the most idiotic idea either of us has ever followed through with. Its not sustainable, not to mention dangerous, I dunno what we were thinking. anyway. We were having nothing but water and a little veg juice (V8) every day and the first few days I was weak and cranky and shaky. So i know what youre talking about. Its unnerving but i reckon if you try the protein like Caz said, it will help, should you feel you need it x

Thank you :)
Luckily, I am feeling tons better! I can cope with those symptoms as long as they're not 24/7!!
Oh no! A starvation diet! Glad you didn't keep that one up!!
How're you doing so far today? xxx

Im glad youre feeling better!

Im doing fine. I hope tomorrow (and days 3 and 4) goes as smoothly. lol

That's great! I can't wait to hear your results after wk1! :) xxx

Im going to be so bad and weigh myself tomorrow. Just because Im too curious not too. I weigh myself most days, to be honest. Haha. Im so bad. :p

Lol, I did this morning! I can't help myself!! I was surprised to see a 1.5lb loss - obviously just water, but nice to see a loss after 24 hours just the same!
Hubby hid the scales, but I've found them, haha! I think I'll hop on in the morning too, I have no willpower whatsoever!! :D

Good luck with your weigh-in! Am sure you'll have lost something!

xxx

Okay, I've been doing a bit of reading about ketosis, low carbs, etc.....

It seems to be the thought that to be in ketosis, the carbs should be around 30-40 per day.
However, on this diet, I am consuming 65 per day.

So, I am wondering, will I lose weight because I am consuming a very low 650 cals pd, or because I will go in to ketosis, even though the general thought is to get in to, and remain in ketosis, carbs should be around 25 LESS per day than I am consuming!

This is all very confusing!!

Help, lol!! :confused:

xxx

Hiya Nat!
Delighted to see you're doing so well!!! Can't wait to hear about your first weigh in!!!

Just measured my waist again, as my friend and I are more or less the same weight and build, she was measuring her waist at 41", so I told her that couldn't be right - she was measuring where her belly button is, so I told her to measure about an inch or two above that, where the natural waist line is.

Sorry Nat but the waist measurement IS along the bellybutton. It's the standard. I know it makes no sense - as what we know commonly as our waist is above that!!!! It's a common mistake. I only learnt the difference when I was doing body therapies. Calculating Your Waist Circumference

It seems to be the thought that to be in ketosis, the carbs should be around 30-40 per day.

So, I am wondering, will I lose weight because I am consuming a very low 650 cals pd, or because I will go in to ketosis, even though the general thought is to get in to, and remain in ketosis, carbs should be around 25 LESS per day than I am consuming!

That does seem weird!!! *off to check my carb stats* :eek:

Hiya Nat!
Delighted to see you're doing so well!!! Can't wait to hear about your first weigh in!!!

Sorry Nat but the waist measurement IS along the bellybutton. It's the standard. I know it makes no sense - as what we know commonly as our waist is above that!!!! It's a common mistake. I only learnt the difference when I was doing body therapies. Calculating Your Waist Circumference

Thank you, and looking forward to seeing your results too, exciting isn't it! :)

Oh blooming eck! I've measured wrong then! I'd better get the tape out and re-measure. I always presumed it was around the natural waistline, who changed the rules, lol!! ;) xxx

That does seem weird!!! *off to check my carb stats* :eek:

My thoughts exactly!

So, I worked out, if I have three meal packs, and one v.low carb, high protein meal with green veggies, I will be having around 45 net carbs per day, as opposed to the 65 I am currently having on the full 4 pack pd meal replacement plan!

No wonder I've got headache!! I've read so much I've confused myself (tho to be honest, that isn't hard to do, ha!).

Hope you find something to clear this up, because I don't know what to do for the best!!

:bighug:
x x x

Off to bed, good night.....hope tomo is good for everyone!! :) xxx

This is all very confusing!!

Help, lol!! :confused:

xxx

Different people are more sensitive to carbs than others. If you stick to the plan-either 4 packs, or 3 and a meal then you will be in ketosis. It's normally the 80g mark that it affects most people. S&S wouldn't sell/market themselves as a ketogenic diet if the packs wouldn't enable you to be in ketosis. Try not to over complicate it and confuse yourself-if you are worried about any of it-speak to Rob :) and good luck x

Where did you read that's how many carbs you should have to begin ketosis? It's a load of rubbish lol This diet is both low calorie AND ketosis based. Ask on the forum, you won't find a single person who sticks to plan who isn't in ketosis. Guaranteed. You're not having 65g carbs a day, not if you stick to plan. Most packs are 10-15g carbs, though spaghetti is high. I generally average 45-55g.

Don't worry, it's working isn't it?

Different people are more sensitive to carbs than others. If you stick to the plan-either 4 packs, or 3 and a meal then you will be in ketosis. It's normally the 80g mark that it affects most people. S&S wouldn't sell/market themselves as a ketogenic diet if the packs wouldn't enable you to be in ketosis. Try not to over complicate it and confuse yourself-if you are worried about any of it-speak to Rob :) and good luck x

Thank you!
I just read on quite a few different dieting sites re carbs needing to be around 40g. Thanks for clearing that up. I don't think I'll be looking in to ketosis again online, and just carry on, because there's a heck of a lot of confusing info out there!
Thanks again :) xxx

Back