I've started, and I WILL finish fabulously (that's the plan anyway) :)

Fair play to ya Nat! You're so lucky your symptoms have subsided - I've been super emotional and I can only put it down to my change in diet! I cried at least 5 times in the past 3 days!

I cheated and ate a Jaffa cake! I REALLY needed it though ;)

Fair play to ya Nat! You're so lucky your symptoms have subsided - I've been super emotional and I can only put it down to my change in diet! I cried at least 5 times in the past 3 days!

I cheated and ate a Jaffa cake! I REALLY needed it though ;)

Awww lovey :(

I am sorry to hear that, really I am.
Are you predisposed to depression at all? That's one thing I was worried about, because apparently anyone who is depressed is not allowed to do this diet. I'm on AD's - my GP said it was okay to go ahead as I am not depressed.
Just wondered if that could be it? If you don't want to say, I understand, but would also like you to know I am hear for you - Don't suffer alone - PM me if you like.

I really hope you feel better soon. It is a bit of a shock to the system isn't it? And I suppose everyone feels differently.

I don't blame you - I doubt a jaffa cake is going to do much harm. And if it made you feel better, than why the hell not!
Your mental health is just as, if not more so, important, as your physical health. And if it takes a jaffa cake or two to do so, then do it!

I know if it made me feel like that, I would do something like that too, because life is too short.

Hope I can help in any way, if you want me to :)

Sending you a great big :bighug:
Love Nat xxxx

Thanks :) I do suffer with depression - I hadn't realised that a VLCD wasn't advisable for someone with depression!!! I'll bring it up with my dietitian at my next appointment!!! Gosh, that explains a lot! I felt like I do when I've been under a lot of stress like during my college finals! Suppose it makes sense! My body has been under stress - I mean tomorrow marks one week since I started!

Even if that jaffa means that ketosis has been stopped and the process has to restart again I don't mind :D Ha! Thanks for being so kind xxx

Yes, I read that and checked with a Nurse at my GP's before I ordered. She thought I'd be okay to go ahead with it as I've been fine for over 2.5 years now (depression came on when I lost my Dad under quite traumatic circumstances), but wanted me to see my GP, so I went today.
Luckily, he was happy for me to go ahead - good job really, lol! I'm going to stop the meds too because I don't need them any more, thank goodness. Though it will be a slow process so I don't get withdrawal.

So, I know what depression is like, it's a living hell, and I wouldn't wish it on my worst enemy.

I don't know what it is about a VLCD + depression, but surely, once you get in to ketosis,or at least, get a few weeks of this diet under your belt, your mood should lift.
Healthy mind and body should go hand in hand.

At least you know now what's been causing you to feel like you have, and I hope that helps, even if just a little bit.

So hell yeah, get a jaffa cake if you need one! Until your mood lifts, I don't think a jaffa here and there is going to hurt much.
And, even if you're not in ketosis, you'll still lose weight, how can we not on such low calories per day! That's how I see it anyway :)

Am always here, don't feel like you're on your own, because you're not. I've been there, I know what it's like :(

Love
Natalie xxx

Mornin honey! Just checking in to say hello! :) How are you feeling this morning?

Good Morning!!

I'm good - feeling very empty, so had better eat something! Usually try to wait till after 10am, but don't think that's a good idea today!

Another 2lbs gone, so that's 5lbs in 3 days, whoop!
Going to measure in a bit, my clothes are feeling a bit big on me!

How're you?
Have you weighed-in?

Hope you're still feeling good hun! :)

xxx

WHOOP!

Another 2lbs gone overnight, so that's 5lbs in 3 days!
Lost more yesterday than I have been - think I may be in Ketosis....not sure!

Hope you're all doing well, feeling great, and having a good day!

:bighug:
xxx

Right, am going to order my month's supply - am ordering the men's pack, so it works out a bit cheaper.

As of next Wednesday, I am doing the 3 packs per day and a low carb/high protien/low cal evening meal, so the order will last me around 6.5 weeks.
I figure this is enough to get me close to my goal weight, and allows me enough products for the re-feed week.

I'm so skint, that I think this is the best way to go, and hope for a steady loss of around 3.5lbs per week until goal.

Just deliberating what to choose, Arrgghh!

I havent discussed it with my hubby yet but Im thinking of doing that too - ordering the mens 28 day pack. It does seem to make more sense but we are skint too and its a lot to lay out in one go. lol. I will have a chat with my hubs and see what he thinks tonight. If it was down to me, i would do it that way. Any savings is a good one!

I havent discussed it with my hubby yet but Im thinking of doing that too - ordering the mens 28 day pack. It does seem to make more sense but we are skint too and its a lot to lay out in one go. lol. I will have a chat with my hubs and see what he thinks tonight. If it was down to me, i would do it that way. Any savings is a good one!

I know, can't bear the thought of paying out £38.99 per week, each week! Couldn't even if I wanted to! So this way, it's a one off payment, costing me just over £22.50 pw - for 6.5 wks supply on 3 Packs pd.

It's a huge saving as opposed to buying per week.

Ps. Email them - I asked for free next day delivery if I placed a month's order, and they sent me a voucher straight back, saving me another £4.99!!!

xxx

I do the same as you but what I do is save half the money each month so it is spread out evenly. Then it's not one big hit every other month.

I do the same as you but what I do is save half the money each month so it is spread out evenly. Then it's not one big hit every other month.

Save half the money? Sorry, please can you explain in stupid terms, because I don't understand, lol!! ;) xxx

Haha sorry. Like I don't need any this month but I'll save half of the money it costs to buy them from this months wages and then buy it next month. Still costs the same amount but just isn't all out of one pay slip then.

Haha sorry. Like I don't need any this month but I'll save half of the money it costs to buy them from this months wages and then buy it next month. Still costs the same amount but just isn't all out of one pay slip then.

Ahhh! Getcha! Thanks! :D xxx

Hey Nat, finally found ur thread lol, I've also started a diary today so I can keep track of my progress etc xxxx

Hey Nat, finally found ur thread lol, I've also started a diary today so I can keep track of my progress etc xxxx

Hiya! :)
Lol, I'll find yours so I can have a nosey ;)
How're you going? Hope all is well xxx

Hiya! :)
Lol, I'll find yours so I can have a nosey ;)
How're you going? Hope all is well xxx

Hey, really good today thanks, how about you?? Xx

Hey, really good today thanks, how about you?? Xx

That's great!
I'm good thanks, got a headache but I can cope with that! It's the other stuff like the shakiness I don't like much!! xxx

So I've got through my 4th day great again. Got a headache which will not shift, but it's not unbearable.

Had -
- Tomato Soup - okay....can tolerate it!
- Crispy Choc Shake - Delish!
- Chilli with 200g oven baked mushrooms - yum!
- Milk Choc Truffa Bar - saving till 6.50pm as my last meal

Less than 600 cals today, and 54.5g carbs. Am happy - just hope the scales keep going down!

Did a few measurements - not lost any more inches, but I am only 4 days in, I'll see what has happened after my first week.

Off out in a bit - I am going to be surrounded by gorgeous homemade cupcakes, arrgghh! I will not touch one though, because I haven't gone through 4 days of this to give in now!
I'll be the one stood in the corner with my pint of water, lol!

Enjoy the rest of your day/night folks! :D

Back