I've started, and I WILL finish fabulously (that's the plan anyway) :)

Where did you read that's how many carbs you should have to begin ketosis? It's a load of rubbish lol This diet is both low calorie AND ketosis based. Ask on the forum, you won't find a single person who sticks to plan who isn't in ketosis. Guaranteed. You're not having 65g carbs a day, not if you stick to plan. Most packs are 10-15g carbs, though spaghetti is high. I generally average 45-55g.

Don't worry, it's working isn't it?

I was just using my own experience and the experience of friends on here who've also followed s&s :( I don't personally think what I said was a load of rubbish! But I'll delete it if that's the case :(

Where did you read that's how many carbs you should have to begin ketosis? It's a load of rubbish lol This diet is both low calorie AND ketosis based. Ask on the forum, you won't find a single person who sticks to plan who isn't in ketosis. Guaranteed. You're not having 65g carbs a day, not if you stick to plan. Most packs are 10-15g carbs, though spaghetti is high. I generally average 45-55g.

Don't worry, it's working isn't it?

On quite a few VLCD sites, can't remember them all, one was the HCG forum, there were others that were questions answered through Yahoo, etc.
Not taking any notice now I've seen Welshtigger's reply, and yours :)

When I put my foods in to the S&S's meal planner, on both days, it says my carbs have been around 65g. Wonder why! Oh well, if it doesn't matter, I'm not going to fret about it!

Yes, it's working - couldn't help myself, got on scales this morning and another 1.5lbs gone, so 3lbs in 48 hours - I am more than happy with that!

Thanks for the info! :)

How're you going?

xxx

I was just using my own experience and the experience of friends on here who've also followed s&s :( I don't personally think what I said was a load of rubbish! But I'll delete it if that's the case :(

Thanks again!
I didn't say it was a load of rubbish! I would never say that, especially as I don't really know what I'm talking about!! :)
Please don't delete your comments, I value them, and I don't ever think what you tell me is rubbish!
:bighug:
Nat xxx

I just wanted to pop in and say good morning and have a great day today! :) x

Good morning lovely!

Thank you, and same to you!

So, your 1st day went well?
Have you been naughty like me and weighed?!
Hope you're feeling good!

:) xxx

No I wasn't talking about you!! I meant wherever it said online that you should only have 30-40g of carbs a day for ketosis. What you said was very true and I agreed with. I was saying that it IS a ketogenic diet and that if you stick to it, you can't possibly not be in ketosis.

To be honest, I wouldn't really bother to listen to anything on Yahoo and things. People tend to talk absolute toot on there lol If there's something I want to know, I try and find the answer through a medical site of some kind though that's really not always that easy to do. The problem with forums, just like this one, is that lots of people have an opinion and not everyone's is really based on any kind of fact or research, it's lots of assumptions. All we can do is share our experiences and what we've found but you certainly have to take anything you read on a forum with a little pinch of salt really. Though that said, what Jo said is right, I've found it to be the same in my experience too. I've done a fair bit of research too (I really like this health and fitness stuff, wish I could do it as a job!) so have a good idea of what carb levels are required for ketosis. You can trust us :)

What kind of things do you eat on a day when you hit 65g carbs? Is that a usual day for you?

3lbs in 48 hours is fantastic, it's obviously working even if it is confusing!

I'm getting on well thank you, I'm now on week 8. I can't believe how quickly the weeks are going! I've got my first anniversary weekend away on the 8th of March, really hoping to be in the 15s by then!

No I wasn't talking about you!! I meant wherever it said online that you should only have 30-40g of carbs a day for ketosis. What you said was very true and I agreed with. I was saying that it IS a ketogenic diet and that if you stick to it, you can't possibly not be in ketosis.

To be honest, I wouldn't really bother to listen to anything on Yahoo and things. People tend to talk absolute toot on there lol If there's something I want to know, I try and find the answer through a medical site of some kind though that's really not always that easy to do. The problem with forums, just like this one, is that lots of people have an opinion and not everyone's is really based on any kind of fact or research, it's lots of assumptions. All we can do is share our experiences and what we've found but you certainly have to take anything you read on a forum with a little pinch of salt really. Though that said, what Jo said is right, I've found it to be the same in my experience too. I've done a fair bit of research too (I really like this health and fitness stuff, wish I could do it as a job!) so have a good idea of what carb levels are required for ketosis. You can trust us :)

What kind of things do you eat on a day when you hit 65g carbs? Is that a usual day for you?

3lbs in 48 hours is fantastic, it's obviously working even if it is confusing!

I'm getting on well thank you, I'm now on week 8. I can't believe how quickly the weeks are going! I've got my first anniversary weekend away on the 8th of March, really hoping to be in the 15s by then!

I do trust you all, and I'm not reading any more sites, lol!! ;)

First day - choc shake, sweet porridge, maple bar, & spag bol with 200g broccoli - took it to 66.5g carbs.
Yesterday - vanilla shake, strawberry shake, lemon yoghurt bar, mushroom pasta with 200g leeks, 80ml skimmed milk - too it to 65.3g carbs.

Seems some meals/shakes/etc. are lower in carbs like you said.

Yes, it's working, and I am very, very happy about that!! :D

I am sure you'll reach that target by then, you've got a couple of weeks, so sure you should do it!! Fingers crossed for you! :)
Are you feeling good now you're so far in to the diet? Have all the rough feelings gone?

xxx

Ahh you have the 4 plus the veg, that'll bump you up a little more then. I don't bother if I have 4 packs but I generally have 3 and a meal anyway, that cuts out 12-15g of carbs a day because a pack is replaced by chicken. Also, that 200g of broccoli, is that before you cook it? S&S meal planner weights are cooked, which is ridiculous in my opinion, so the calories and carbs will probably be higher than you're actually having. A little anyway.

Like you said, it's working and that's really what matters :)

Im having the 4 packs plus veg too. I felt so full after my dinner of mushroom pasta and 200g of broccoli and asparagus last night. I had my last pack (a bar) around 2 hours after dinner and I didnt even want it...I wasnt hungry at all. So Im going to keep it up. plus...I LOVE my veg. We are all doing what works for us and as Caz said, Its working...so obviously we are doing it right!

I think the "cooked weight" thing is ridiculous, too Caz. I only knew it was cooked weight because I saw you post it...somewhere. Otherwise i would have just assumed that they meant raw weight. What a faff...cooking your veg...and then trying to measure out the right amount. lol. I was really surprised how much 200g really is, though.

Is everyone having a good day today? :)

Ahh you have the 4 plus the veg, that'll bump you up a little more then. I don't bother if I have 4 packs but I generally have 3 and a meal anyway, that cuts out 12-15g of carbs a day because a pack is replaced by chicken. Also, that 200g of broccoli, is that before you cook it? S&S meal planner weights are cooked, which is ridiculous in my opinion, so the calories and carbs will probably be higher than you're actually having. A little anyway.

Like you said, it's working and that's really what matters :)

Yes, I'm doing this for the week, then am going to change to 3 packs and one very low carb meal. I think it'll be better for me - having at least a bit of real food a day!
I use the S&S's meal-tracker guide to tell me the carbs, cals, etc., for the veg I eat.
And yes, it's working, so I am happy :D

Im having the 4 packs plus veg too. I felt so full after my dinner of mushroom pasta and 200g of broccoli and asparagus last night. I had my last pack (a bar) around 2 hours after dinner and I didnt even want it...I wasnt hungry at all. So Im going to keep it up. plus...I LOVE my veg. We are all doing what works for us and as Caz said, Its working...so obviously we are doing it right!

I think the "cooked weight" thing is ridiculous, too Caz. I only knew it was cooked weight because I saw you post it...somewhere. Otherwise i would have just assumed that they meant raw weight. What a faff...cooking your veg...and then trying to measure out the right amount. lol. I was really surprised how much 200g really is, though.

Is everyone having a good day today? :)

It IS ridiculous! So, cooked veg may have more carbs than raw? Lol, I'm not cooking food then weighing it out!! ;)

Good so far thanks, fingers crossed it stays that way!

Hope you're okay?

And everyone else, hope EVERYONE is okay too! :D xxx

I AM SUCH AN IDIOT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Just been feeding my baby. He left half of his 50g Petit Filous, and without thinking, I ate two spoonfuls without even thinking!

I reckon only about 20cals, 3g carbs.....

Will this have any effect, even though the amount I had was tiny? around 20g!

Arrrrgghhh, I'm sure there are places for people like me! :D

You know...Ive nearly popped bits of fruit (my eldest LOVES all fruit) in my mouth. Mainly yesterday. I didnt but its just a habit. When I chop her apple, i pop a cube in my mouth usually. Same with her oranges...blueberries....strawberries, grapes. I had to stop and be consciously aware of what I was doing. I dont ever tend to have any of their yog or muller rice, etc. Its just little bits of fruit. today, i havent had any trouble with it, but I understand. I cant imagine it will have any effect. Just carry on and erase it from memory. lol.

You know...Ive nearly popped bits of fruit (my eldest LOVES all fruit) in my mouth. Mainly yesterday. I didnt but its just a habit. When I chop her apple, i pop a cube in my mouth usually. Same with her oranges...blueberries....strawberries, grapes. I had to stop and be consciously aware of what I was doing. I dont ever tend to have any of their yog or muller rice, etc. Its just little bits of fruit. today, i havent had any trouble with it, but I understand. I cant imagine it will have any effect. Just carry on and erase it from memory. lol.

That's it - habit - he only left a couple of baby spoons, so I just ate it then thought, 'You idiot!' - Oh well, can't do much about it! There's such a small amount of carbs etc., that I am not going to worry.

I won't be doing it again though lol!

Just had my 2nd 'meal' of the day, Crispy Vanilla Shake - have you tried it, it's gorgeous!
Not hungry at all today, am wondering if I'm in Ketosis because I had all those horrible symptoms yesterday, but I feel great today!

Have you felt okay, or any shakes, dizziness, headache, etc.?
Hope you've felt okay!!

xxx

I had the crispy vanilla for breakfast. it was SO good. Really pleased.

I havent had any symptoms at all...other than a very sad excuse for a headache but I have some sinus congestion so I think it might be down to that, actually. LOL. Im not hungry either. Im really amazed. I was expecting it to start to get tricky today and then again tomorrow but it hasnt so far. I hope it doesnt hit me all at once over the next couple of days. Im just hoping that I wont actually notice ANY adverse side-effects. LOL. Im glad youre feeling better today. I hope it keeps up the same. :) Im going to try cottage pie with some more broccoli and asparagus tonight. And not sure if I will try the lemon bar as planned or go for a shake. They only sent me 4 bars in my 7 day pack. And lots of shakes. LOL. I think maybe I will have my bar today...and then have a couple of days with shakes as my night time "snack". :D

That's really good, no symptoms! I hope you sail through and don't get any!
I also hope yesterday was the first and last of mine, lol!! :D
Some people don't get any, others really suffer!
I've been putting off the cottage pie cos I think it may be bland, so going to add plenty of pepper and a bit of salt to it. I really loved the lemon bar - some people don't like it, but I've really enjoyed everything I've tried so far.
I know the tight sods! I only got four too! Could've at least sent 7, because I find them much more filling than a shake!
xxx

It really won't have any effect, don't worry about it!

It really won't have any effect, don't worry about it!

I was mortified at the time, lol, but now think it's quite funny!
Why I thought two baby spoonfuls of petit filous would mess up this diet, is beyond me!
Is Stupid one of the symptoms one could get in the first few days, because I seem to have got it! ;) xxx

Day 3 done, and a total success!

Not a single nasty symptom...am hoping that the few hours I had yesterday are it, and I am heading to Ketosis :)

Didn't have my 2nd 'meal' until around 3.30pm - just wasn't hungry, plus had to pop out so that stopped me eating ;)

Feel really satisfied, I am no longer bloated, and I can actually FEEL a difference! I can easily cross my legs now whereas before, I had to pull one over the other with my hands! (carry a lot of weight on my legs).

I am just so thrilled to have finally decided to give S&S a go after mulling it over for a couple of weeks. And, I am SO grateful to have found this place - each and every one of you has helped to keep me focused, sane, and determined, and I cannot thank you enough!

Looking forward to progress, and really can't wait to hear of YOUR success's!

:bighug:

Back