Donnie46

Slow but sure....
Jacket Potatoes Cooked In A Slow Cooker

Free on Green and Extra Easy

[FONT=Arial,Helvetica,Verdana]Prick potatoes with fork.[/FONT]​

[FONT=Arial,Helvetica,Verdana]Wrap them in foil. [/FONT]
[FONT=Arial,Helvetica,Verdana]Put in slow cooker (up to 6 potatoes)[/FONT]

[FONT=Arial,Helvetica,Verdana]Put lid on.[/FONT]

[FONT=Arial,Helvetica,Verdana]Cook on Low 8 to 10 hours (High: 2½ to 4 hours).[/FONT]​

[FONT=Arial,Helvetica,Verdana]Note...[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial,Helvetica,Verdana]***Don't add water!!!***[/FONT]​

Do they taste much better this way? Just seems like rather a long time to wait for a potato!!!! (I'm not the most patient of people haha)
I can understand using a slow cooker for meat etc but how much better does a slow cooked potato taste than one that's been in the oven for an hour??

They do taste nice - but they don't have a crispy skin.

I think doing Jacket potatoes in the slow cooker are for people who work, and leave them cooking all day, but they are nice for a change.

I think the point might be to have them ready waiting for you when you get in rather than having another hour to wait when you get home.

Anything to save a bit of time. Whilst I quite enjoy cooking, sometimes when you've had a really looong day at work & still loads to do in the evening a little helping hand really does go a long way!

Yes, maybe if I was at home all day I may possibly be a bit more fussy, but I'm not so am really greatful for any time saving tips!

Thanks for the suggestion.

They taste nicer that when done in the mircowave, but they are not crispy......but you could pop them into a hot oven to crisp the skin up a little before you serve them.

Here's a tip for baked potatoes in the microwave - if you haven't got a combi microwave (13 minutes and a lovely crispy skin), you can whack them in the microwave then quickly pop them under a hot grill - only takes a couple of extra minutes.

In the oven I spray them with frylight, sprinkle with sea salt and freshly ground black pepper, pop them in tin foil and bake them - yum! Or, as an alternative to roast potatoes - how about mini baked potatoes - throw some baby potatoes in a roasting dish, again spray with fry light and sprinkle with the aforementioned salt and pepper, then throw them in the oven until crisp - yum!

I love my slow cooker. Will try that for spuds as always end up doing stews but have done a roast chicken & a beef joint they were so tender. Am hungry now!

I do mine with cheese and onion. Cook potatoes in microwave then pop in oven to crisp up. Take them out split in half and then put skins back in oven and mix potato with grated cheese ( healthy extra ) and onion then put back in skins and pit back in oven till golden brown. They taste naughty but free as long as you use ur healthy extra cheese and the cheese does seem to go a long way so you could make quite a few if your hungry.

Back