Jack's amazing diary of interest!

Most of us are just the same. It's always easier to keep going than try to restart! We've numerous testimonies to that effect here, and that's just with those who hung around. The number of enthusiastic newbies who disappear because they "need to live a little" is amazing :D

As for your reactions to crabstick, I'm JUST the same with smelly cheese in my fridge! Woe betide anyone who doesn't wrap it up securely, and put it in its well sealed tupperware!

Final day of Attack today, still going strong!

I must admit it will be nice to add some vegetables into the mix, and I can imagine I'll be savouring every bite - Dukan definitely makes you appreciate food, for all the right reasons!

Even at this stage of the weight loss journey there are still noticeable bodily differences - i can see it most in the mornings, just lying down and not having a massive stomach bloat! That's the best motivation and it really sets you up well and spurs you on for the rest of the day. Particularly when you step on the scales and see what they say as well! Official weigh-in for me tomorrow, I just wish I had scales that were easier to read, particularly with blurry morning eyes! But it's the DIRECTION that the needle's moving in that counts :D

Jack over here in the US we have a product called Crystal Light that is a water additive. This has really helped a lot with the mouth/taste issues in the beginnings. It has helped bridge the sweet cravings and we also add them to afternoon shakes to keep you going. Info on my diary.
It is amazing that we don't feel hungry on Dukan. I wish I had a dollar for every time someone asks me that.....Are you hungry???
Also get a digital scale they are so easy to read and they track your weigh loss also. 20.00 in the US.

I can't wait for your number....so so so proud of you.

Thanks!!!

Actually re: the 'thirsty' mouth thing, I went out last night and had some diet coke, and that seems to have done the trick - I think that, quite simply, my mouth was getting bored! It just needed some sort of zing which the bubbles of the coke provided! The funny thing is, I never ever drink coke, but I just thought that if I buy a small glass of diet coke at the bar, I can stretch it over a couple of hours (as I'm not overly keen) which would prevent me from having 3 or 4 pints of beer! (and then probably throwing it all in and eating 3 million cals worth of food!). So it was a success!

I did have a nice set of digital scales, just basic ones, which I bought last Christmas to take back to Paris with me, they only cost £5 but by the time I came back in the summer, there was no way I was wasting valuable suitcase space with them so I 'donated' them to my apartment! But when I bought them they were on special offer, they cost about £20 normally so that's why I bought these cheap mechanical ones, HOWEVER i would of course have spent the £20 if I'd known that I'd go on to actually do something to make me lose weight! But we have some at home anyway which I can use in a few weeks, these will do for now!

Hooray for not feeling hungry :)!

Buying a water filter to keep by my desk was definitely a good move!

Just come back from seeing some friends, had to find a way of politely turning down their offer of some strawberries! It just wasn't really the time or the place to mention dieting, because I KNOW with so many people there it would have led to one of those "oh go onnn, one won't hurt!" type situations. Particularly as it would have involved explaining the concept of Dukan so as to show them why fruit is a no-go area for now!

Attack is over tomorrow! I'll finally be able to buy something from the huge vegetable market right in front of my window!

Right then so it was my final day of Attack yesterday, and this morning was time for the "official" weigh-in! I have been monitoring it several times throughout the week though, just to check that I'm not doing anything wrong and going in the wrong direction or anything like that! And I'm glad I did, otherwise I wouldn't have believe that I could have lost so much...

I've lost 8lbs! Much more than I was expecting, I thought it would be more like 4-5! I can't believe that it's actually over half a stone.

Now I know that obviously this is for attack, that this is the initial fast-paced weightloss stage before levelling out, that there are a bazillion factors which affect the number given on the scales etc....but still!!

Time for ticker and stats updates :)

Way to go Jack!!!! Well done that man. I must look up how to do that ticker thing. I'm liking the lil gingerbread man. I am gonna try and make one out of oatbran :)

Cheers!

One thing I was worried about before starting Dukan was that I'd have a lack of energy due to lack of carbs, but what I've found is the total opposite. Before, consuming so many carbs (and it was a lot) probably played havoc with my energy/sugar levels, but now everything seems much more constant. In the mornings especially, getting up is a breeze and I feel much more alert than normal.

I'm sure all the water helps as well. I don't know about you all, but since doing Dukan I just feel...fresher!

Well done with your amazing weight loss.

I too feel better through the day and especially in the morning since starting Dukan.

Well so far so good! I was worried that I would end up being 'given an inch and taking a mile' when I went onto Cruise yesterday, but luckily I was as disciplined as ever! It was really nice to have some vegetables though, just the different textures of things like peppers and cucumbers made a real change!

I saw someone post a while ago about Dukan costing more money, I don't know about you but for me, I'm actually spending much LESS since starting Dukan! I think that's mainly because before, I'd buy a lot of "takeaway" things like M&S sandwiches which would then escalate into buying half the shop for one or two meals (fancy crisps etc.), but now that that's gone, my expenditure on things like meat and fish isn't as high as that and they are always on offer in Sainsbury's anyway. Although I suppose it's different for me because I did spend a hell of a lot on food before!! Oh well anyway, it's nice to see the money last longer and not have to be constantly making trips to the cash machine!

Ahh, Dukan food is so simple yet so good!! Just now I had some chicken breast that I'd marinated in a bit of 0% yoghurt with some coriander and a drop of lime juice (left for a few hours then wiped mostly off and grilled) and it was great! I was eating together with friends and they were saying how nice it looked. I was reading through a load of the recipe's that are in the book yesterday and all I wanted to do was get into the kitchen!

And I STILL love the yoghurt and oatbran mix in the mornings! Even if it does look like something I'd use to plaster the walls with...!

Well done on your loss, Jack. It's really encouraging also to see that you're already finding so many differences in how you're feeling. Do you find you sleep less? Not only are my energy levels high on Dukan, but my days are so much longer, and rarely do I sleep more than 6 hours :D

Yep, indeed sleep is much more...efficient! I feel more energetic for longer during the days so don't get that evening drop in energy which helps. Most of my carbs would have been centred around evening time so that probably explains that!

---

Also, as a point of interest, I notice that a lot of girls talk about/complain about how when they lose weight they tend to lose it from their chest - well fortunately this is working for me too!! I didnt really notice it until yesterday when I was in bed and realised that I was much flatter in that area, which is definitely a good thing!

PV today - market-fresh asparagus :)!

Oh god....ASPARAGUS WEE!! I had no idea! They don't write that on the label!

Nice to have some vegetables though, makes a nice change! I'm looking forward to seeing how I get on this week, I'll do what I did before and weigh-in officially on Friday..although I'm sure I'll be checking before then too!

Lol asparagus wee!

Well done on the weight loss Jack :)

Back