Jack's amazing diary of interest!

Hehe, very cruel indeed but I find it surprisingly motivating!

Eggs are so great because they can be used in so many ways and it always feels like you're having something different. Unlike ham, eurgh, I never want to even look at another slice of it for a couple of weeks at least...!

I'm very limited in what I can do cooking-wise here at uni as I don't actually have an oven, and very little preparation space in general, but I love looking at all the various Dukan recipe possibilities out there, I can't believe how many there can be. And I'm looking forward to actually trying some of them out in future when the kitchen-situation improves! But even so, there's still so much that can be done even without an oven, I'm desperate to try the dukan microwave bread at some point but just haven't got round to it yet!

I need to go shopping this evening actually, all I have in the fridge is some chicken breast and a few crab sticks. Need to stock up on vegetables for PV tomorrow and other Dukan staples! I'm so glad that things like chicken, prawns and salmon are always on offer at Sainsbury's!

Ahhh, so nice when you can get through to the end of the day and know that you haven't wavered once! Hopefully this is a sign of things to come, and it won't all undo itself tomorrow!

Well done, I agree about not wavering, I've managed that today too, in spite of my neighbour coming for light dinner tonight. I bought her a lovely creamy lemon pud and didn't even lick the lid when I prepared it for her!

On ovens, apart from chicken, I've not used mine that much except for baked fish and you get a similar effect if you wrap it in foil and steam it on top. A steamer top is worth getting if you haven't one.

I left it too long to try the microwave bread- it's good stuff, especially toasted, though it burns easily so watch it.

A Co-worker brought a box of caramel fudge back from holiday as an office gift.

No one could understand how I could enjoy sniffing the box without actually diving in for a scoff.
(Actually, I was a bit surprised as well!)

I wouldn't be able to just sniff, I would want to eat the whole box, no kidding, therefore no biscuist or chocolates.:D

Mmm, just made the most amazing wrap. All it was is a thinner, wider version of a galette, with some chicken and peppers and lettuce....it works so well!

It's really nice to have the crunch of peppers as well which you don't really get in PP foods.

I know you don't have an oven, but do you have access to one of those old fashioned grills, Jack? If so, try laying out slices of low fat chicken / turkey on the grill perhaps on some tin foil ... (even low fat him if you must.) And grill... turn... and grill... break. Crunchy protein crisps!

Ah those protein crisps sound good! And one of my friends has a grill like that, I'll have to convince them to "experiment" with me...hehe.

I feel much more back on the right path these past couple of days than before. I went a bit off course towards the end of last week and over the weekend, and didn't stick religiously to the PV/PP pattern. And had a few non-Dukan foods which I conveniently forgot to mention on here at the time... But what I noticed most is that, if I did eat something "bad", it made me feel like...blech! Physically I mean, I think I've got so used to the balanced energy levels that the Dukan diet provides that having something disallowed totally disrupts your system.

But so far so good, hopefully tonight will be ok! I've got a dinner to attend (university formal, so 3 courses) but I've seen the menu already, and the starter's salmon, the main is steak (woo!), and people are ALWAYS up for eating other people's potatoes or whatever they don't want, so it won't look like I'm "not eating", plus some of the people there know about Dukan now.
And dessert, well I suppose I could always auction it off hehe. Either way, it's not getting eaten by me!

Oh and wine - ain't gonna happen! My last exam is on Friday morning so I need to spend tomorrow REVISING with a very clear head anyway!!

Oh Jack! You made me laugh there with your confession! (I only confessed my behaviour yesterday this morning in my diary!!).

Good luck for the exams! Many to go? You're training to be a solicitor?

Good luck with the exams - and really REALLY don't take even a sip of wine, because if you are in ketosis it will SCRAMBLE YOUR BRAAAIIIINNNSSSS

Mine is... I defrosted myself a piece of salmon during the day yesterday for last night's tea (OH was having skate but all those BONES ugh...) and when I came to plop it into the pan (don't like touching it raw!), I realised it was smoked salmon! hihi!

So... tonight is scrambled eggs + smoked salmon! Tomorrow I will weigh a kilo more than today. Mark my words! Smoked salmon in the evening doesn't like me!

Riiiight then, ok, after 5 days hiatus, here I am back posting again!

Well, my last exam was on Friday and that officially marked the end of any Dukan discipline! Not that I'm proud of it or anything, obviously not, but I'm not wholly remorseful either :eek: This weekend was always going to be a "blow-out" weekend - after four years of studies at Cambridge University, a celebration was definitely in order! I also had my best friend come and visit me, so obviously that meant a lot of eating out and, yes, drinking!

I'm not even going to go into the details of how non-Dukan this weekend has been!

BUT, the weekend has passed, it's out of my system, and I'm certainly up to restarting. According to the scales I've only actually gone up 2lbs which is less than I was expecting, but I know it's going to take some serious hard work from me to steer myself back in the right direction (not mentally/emotionally though, my head is well and truly in place!).

I have a fridge fully stocked with protein, not a sinful food in sight, and a whole stack of green tea teabags. And of course a load of oatbran, water, and outside spaces to explore when walking!

So there we go, that's my confession. I know it was wrong, but the opportunity that this weekend offered really was too much to turn down, being the weekend after me and all my friends finished our exams and could finally let ourselves go a bit! But I've reeled myself back in now though!!

I'll edit my stats too to reflect the results of all that sinful activity!

Totally understandable and absolutely a legitimate reason to step off the diet treadmill.

Congrats on finishing your exams.

Good luck with the restart.

Congratulations!
It's actually quite nice to have a "plan" for those weeks after exams ends - I remember it being a very disorientating time, after 20 years of school then uni.

(Just to warn you - you never grow out of the feeling of dread and apprehension that descends in the last weeks of August, long long long after you stop having to get ready for the Autumn term and the end of school hols)

(Just to warn you - you never grow out of the feeling of dread and apprehension that descends in the last weeks of August, long long long after you stop having to get ready for the Autumn term and the end of school hols)

You're so right! It's continued of course if you go into teaching! Other things from the teens remain too, I find - the flat feeling on a Saturday night because not going out, for example!

Well done Jack for drawing the line and getting straight back in the saddle.

(I'm just a little peeved at the +2lbs in 4 days, when I got a +4K in 2, but you're probably a "light weight" in the over eating/over drinking department compared to me ;)).

Onward and offward! :D

Yeah, even though I went off track I still didn't go completely crazy!!

Well so far so good on the restart, even after 1 day I'm feeling like I did before, waking up all refreshed and not sluggish. I swear, having a cup of green tea a couple of hours before bed has some kind of magical effect on me, I don't know what it is but I ALWAYS feel better the following day when I have it and definitely notice the effects when I don't!

I'm so happy that I'm now back on track with Dukan :) There must be an infinite number of things to do with chicken breasts, it's amazing what a quick marinade can achieve!

Congratulations on finishing all your exams jack! I did a law degree it's haaaaard work so you definately definately deserve your treat! Good luck with your results too!

Glad to hear you are back on track tho! X

Back