Jack's amazing diary of interest!

Are you sharing your menus jack? We'd be interested to see what you're eating. We have a menu thread. With Emma on holiday, the menu thread will be quiet (hint hint to Jack's harem - POST YOUR MENUS!!)

Okokokokokokokok!! J'arrive!

Speaking of food, just done a big-ish shop so that should hopefully last me a while! Lots of chicken, prawns, salmon, yoghurt, fromage frais, eggs etc. And a few vegetables but there's a market 20 secs away so I often just get it fresh as and when!

:D thanks for the big up there Jo, would be lovely to read more menus in there though - hopefully it'll be full of new posters when i return!

I'll start posting my menus there instead of in my diary... Good idea.

And hello Jack, love reading your findings and musings :wave_cry: I'll be dying to hear how you get on on Friday.

Both places are good GG... in your diary gives you a reference point when you read back, and the menu thread might give us all some ideas!

Interesting that no one commented on the reference to Jack's "harem". Guess that just was just a given...

Interesting that no one commented on the reference to Jack's "harem". Guess that just was just a given...

Well this is certainly for something for me to be proud of! Haha.

Today was my first ever outside-of-the-home "meal" since starting Dukan, and it was a success! I was meeting some friends for lunch in a cafe which does a range of stuff, and one thing they did was quite simply poached eggs and smoked salmon, so pretty much perfect really! Better than throwing everything in and having a panini! It was incredibly filling though, so I won't be in a rush to eat the chicken I've prepared for tonight!

I'm still very happy to say that I haven't wandered off course yet....at least not to my knowledge! There's stuff in my room that I've just completely forgotten about, like a whole unopened bar of Dairy Milk that, to my total amazement, hasn't been devoured in the blink of an eye!

Blimey that's impressive, I'd have polished off the dairy milk before I started :)

I think I'm actually keeping the dairy milk here as a sort of trophy - every time I look at it it reminds me that I haven't eaten it!

--------------

I'm getting my head back in gear after the past couple of days. Not that I've fallen off the wagon, but I just wasn't really in the Dukan mode yesterday. I wasn't very strict with water intake and although I wasn't eating anything bad, I just didn't really feel in that healthy frame of mind. So today is a new day, I'm getting back in the zone!! A decent night's sleep helped, so woke up this morning feeling nice and refreshed, and ready for some dukan breakfast!

I think I'm actually keeping the dairy milk here as a sort of trophy - every time I look at it it reminds me that I haven't eaten it!

Do you sniff it? That's what I do if someone has chocolate in the office:D Jo also brought me a bottle of Dukan chocolate flavouring over from France and I have been taking the odd sniff of that too:D

Well it's funny that you say that actually! I often find that if I DO indulge my senses, even visual e.g. google image-searching types of food, I can stare at it for a bit and almost get that 'hit' without even eating it! It's hard to explain....it's like, if I'm shopping, I can walk up to all the sweets and rubbish, look at it, think how I'd like to have it but then get a 100x better feeling by walking away!

I have had asparagus for lunch today - the resultant wee smell always makes me think of camels :)

A Co-worker brought a box of caramel fudge back from holiday as an office gift.

No one could understand how I could enjoy sniffing the box without actually diving in for a scoff.
(Actually, I was a bit surprised as well!)

Ok so I said I wanted to get my head back in gear today and I believe I have, hopefully! I definitely feel back in "the zone".

I'm also very happy that I managed to recreate the lunch out I had yesterday, smoked salmon and poached eggs, even though I had to watch a couple of youtube clips to find out how exactly to poach an egg!

Another lovely sunny day as well which I think helps - I can never think about unhealthy food in this type of weather!

Right, so I've realised two things.

1 - I feel less like eating in the summer
-------BUT-------
2 - if hayfever kicks in, I want to eat everything going!

On wednesday I'd been out all afternoon and was in the gardens, so I started to feel incredibly hayfever-y, really had to stop myself breaking into that bar of dairy milk when I got back. And today, the same thing happened, was fine up until I started getting itchy eyed and sneezy this afternoon! I was seriously about to give in, but luckily i had a can of Sprite Zero instead - it was either than or EVERYTHING else in the fridge!

I think it's time to start taking hayfever tablets again :)

That's so strange! I've found the opposite with my hayfever. It feels kind of 'flu-y at the moment and I'm even managing not to think about chocolate (a first for me!)

I ended up getting an air filter for my bedroom many years ago and it helps to stop me sneezing all through the night. Another great thing, though, is that it usually seems to improve my symptoms throughout the day somehow as well. (Although perhaps not so much at the moment!) I'd definitely recommend one.

Right then, hayfever tablet has been taken so hopefully no repeat of yesterday! I felt really flu-ey when I went to bed as well, luckily it seems to have all passed today though :)

Right then, official weekly weigh-in time, and I've lost 4 pounds! Which I'm more than happy with since I haven't put much effort in this week, had rather a few tolerated items etc... But luckily haven't gone too off course.

Hopefully this will encourage me to get my head back in gear and focus! Last week was a busy week in general with lots of commitments and things going on, hopefully this week will be a bit calmer!

I'll have to go shopping later so will make sure I stock up :D

Finally have enough posts to put this avatar up! YES, it has been chosen for a reason, after all, that is a king size bar of dairy milk! And no, I didn't eat it, I was breaking it up (and 2 other bars) for a friend's party - chocolate fountain!
And this was about a year ago, I can safely say that I'll never be putting that much chocolate in my mouth again...in one go!

A Co-worker brought a box of caramel fudge back from holiday as an office gift.

No one could understand how I could enjoy sniffing the box without actually diving in for a scoff.
(Actually, I was a bit surprised as well!)

I have made myself a fragrance box - as suggested by Dr D. It has some coffee beans a vanilla pod, some cinnamon and some cloves in it.

Hello jack! Just been reading through your diary. Very interesting and love the avatar lol.

Just in relation to what people were saying about sniffing things... I too do that. A guy at work had some chipsticks gorgeous salt and vinegar crisps and I sniffed the packet after. He thought I was mad but I felt better!

Anyways, keep up the good work x

I think you're all crazy... I wouldn't dare sniff at a box, unless it was empty!! As for daring to have a slab of Dairy Milk anywhere but under lock and key? Amazing!

I do have a "cupboard". (Everyone should have one!). There is nothing in that cupboard which is mine, so I don't open it. It's not locked. I know exactly what's in it. I have a list even. (Now who's crazy?!!)

Great to read that you're hanging in there Jack. Scrambled eggs, smoked salmon, one muffin and some fake caviar is my regular Sunday PP breakfast (leaving my other muffins to eat at another time when I want to EAT!) Poached eggs are lovely too... :D In fact, I adore EGGS!

Back