Jade Goody's revolutionary fitness regime

Kate, I totally agree! :)

Now whilst I have your attention, tell me HOW you managed to get such a hug score with Happy Memory! :D

Ooh, I don't know! I've always been a bit of a nerd for memory games. I'm very good at taking mental snapshots of things so I used to win Kim's game all the time as a kid.

My trick with this one is to pick two or three different things e.g. the bell, the grapes and the cherries and just look for where they are on the board, then if you can quickly eliminate those straight off, you can do the rest by guesswork. Plus, while you're noting their positions you'll notice some of the positions of the other items at the same time without even realising.

:)

Sooo...if I were to film a series of mini exercise videos would people be interested? They'd be free (I'd put them on Revver and link to them).

I ask because of cah-ching's comment about wanting to see a video from someone unknown :D

I'd use them Kate. Not into the celeb ones either. Apart form the original Cindy Crawford ones X years ago.

Dizzy x

Its a shame Jade didnt just admit to having surgery , I used to adore Demi Moore and her body made me envious untill i found out that it was all cosmetically reshaped too ! If only we had thier money i expect we would all be having this tucked and that uplifted ! not to mention the WHITER THAN WHITE TEETH ! LOL:D

oh i got em all...cindy crawford (pain - she is too beautiful) cher 1 and 2, mr motivator, tae bo, angela griffith, the hotpants work out...oh i got em all

Cher tape was very good - the 2 nd one with the mighty bands...

I shall have to root em out.

Dont bother with Angela G its too fast paced to keep up even i think for a moderately fit gal and its BORING the music is terrible and it flashs lights too much as well...

grrr

Ivy

Deanne Berry (the instructor in all the MoS DVDs) is actually a qualified instructor and choreographer, so I think your credibility is safe with that one ;)

I haven't seen any of the MoS workouts but some of the girls in my classes have done them and think they're great.

Kate
You seem to know your onions in the exercise dept so can I ask some advice?

I recently went to a Rosemary Conley fitness class - I've used them in the past and found them great - but this one was way too easy ... I didn't even get warm let alone sweat. Anyway, I checked out the local leisure centre and they do aerobics classes and aqua fit classes.

My sister said she'd come along with me but my question is this ... out of the two, which one would you recommend the most?
I've been to both types: I found aquarobics 'ok' although frustrating because every move was in 'slow motion'. I know the resistance offered by the water is good but I just found it annoying that I couldn't move in time to the music and as fast as the instructor who was, of course, poolside.

On the other hand, if it's the more beneficial of the two then maybe I should just go with it and ignore the fact my moves are two beats behind the music.

I'm a bit worried that whereas the RC class was too easy, a 'civilian' aerobics class will be too hard not being geared (as RC is) to the overweight. Perhaps I should just go along to one and take a peek before committing myself - what do you reckon?

Hi Debbie

It really depends on what you want to get out of going to classes. Any instructor worth their salt will offer lower impact/intensity options during a regular aerobics class, so it doesn't have to be a high impact jumping-jack-fest. Aqua is non-impact by its very nature, so it's really up to you which you prefer. Also, depending on the aerobics classes on offer at your local gym, you may find a different demographic in the aqua classes - there are often more pregnant women, over 50s and overweight participants than in a regular aerobics, particularly high impact aerobics.

In any class, you'll find a huge mix of abilities, fitness levels and shapes and sizes - just check in advance what level the class is aimed at. Let the instructor know that you are new to group exercise and he or she will advise you (probably tell you to take the low options to begin with and drink plenty of water - and more than likely follow up with you at the end of the class as well).

If you need to take easier options, remember that in a group fitness situation nobody is going to give you a hard time about doing so, and in fact it's unlikely anyone will notice - they're either watching the instructor or watching themselves in the mirror. There just isn't time to watch the other participants in the class.

In terms of my personal recommendation, I have to admit I'm not a big aqua fan for some of the same reasons as you (too slow/can't keep the beat underwater/can't hear the instructor over all the flipping splashing/instructor never looks like they're doing any work at all...because if they're poolside they're usually not) and I'd go for 'land' aerobics every time. Why not try one or two classes with different instructors and see which you like best? Often the instructor can make or break the class. I have people who will only come to my classes and nobody else's. Equally, I'm sure there are people who won't go to mine because they prefer another instructor's style.

Kx

Sooo...if I were to film a series of mini exercise videos would people be interested? They'd be free (I'd put them on Revver and link to them).

I ask because of cah-ching's comment about wanting to see a video from someone unknown :D

Do I need to answer this - Hell Yeah

You are a celebrity round here Kate

Kate,

I'd watch your DVD!

Watch or do Ca-Ching?

Dizzy x

"Do". I'm not averse to a bit of exercise.
Women in lycra don't do anything for me.

:D

Last edited:
"Do". I'm not averse to a bit of exercise.
Women in lycra don't do anything for me.

:D

How do you feel about men in lycra Ca-Ching?

I love exercise but it takes a lot, a huge amount of pushing to get me to do some. What's that all about?

I'm looking forward to seeing and doing Kates workout too, but I will undoubtably need a push.

Dizzy x

Back