Step 1 Sole Source Jade's Diary

J.D

Silver Member
Hi everyone. I started SS today at 14st :( felt very sad as my lightest was 12.7st 6 months ago. Got into a new relationship though and my slimming world plan went out of the window, not been motivated by that diet since. I reckoned it was time for a drastic change so started SS today :) met my consultant and got my shakes, soups and porridge. I'm very surprised so far I think the ones I've had today have been gorgeous!
I'm 5'9ish so on 4 packs a day. 1st I had vanilla shake, cold. 2nd I had chicken & mushroom soup, hot from a mug. 3rd I had vanilla shake, warm with a tea spoon of coffee, 4th I had a chocolate shake, hot with a tea spoon of coffee. All have been gorgeous!

I won't lie, today's been hard as I work part time in a friends fish and chip shop, yeah, torture!! But I managed to not pick at food and just kept drinking my water.

I've drank 4 pints of water at home today, 2 small bottles at work and bought a pint to bed with me. Me and the toilet have started a lovely friendship today "/ good job I did my pelvic floor exercises after my 11lb 2oz baby 6 years ago lol :$

Anyways, lovely to speak to you all, I'm in bed now and ready for sleep. Bring on day 2.

2-3 stone to lose.

Xx

Good morning, I had a mint choc shake for breakfast. My blender is broken so had to whisk by hand, rather lumpy but still tasted nice... not had a bad tasting pack yet. Tonsilitis and going to the loo kept me up all night, determined to stick to the diet though and not having to swallow food has got to be better for my throat right now, especially the ones I drink cold.

I dreamed about eating food last night, only on day one too lol ''/ I suppose working with food for 5 hours last night didn't help X

Still day 2, just slurping a spicy tomato soup for lunch. Not feeling it too much but it's going down the hatch wether I like it or not... It's the powdery texture, the taste is fine. X

So, to motivate myself just, I counted 12 weeks x -2lbs per week and I'd be at nearly at target of 12st... But I reckon im going to lose more than 2lbs per week on SS :) 12 weeks isn't forever is it? I can do this!! x

Hiya hun - i am starting tomorrow!! are you going to do it over xmas? x

So, to motivate myself just, I counted 12 weeks x -2lbs per week and I'd be at nearly at target of 12st... But I reckon im going to lose more than 2lbs per week on SS :) 12 weeks isn't forever is it? I can do this!! x

Yeah, think I will just take the odd days off for festive food and drink lol. Good luck :) x

Hey JD,
Good luck on your journey, I won't lie the first few days are tough but they do get easier, just keep swigging the water and when it gets tough come on here and vent.
I love the mint shake in fact its generally all I have, I find the blender cup the the cdcs sell works really well.
x

Thank you. How much are they? :)

Struggling at the moment cuz I'm feeling really ill with this tonsillitis, got 80 antibiotics to get through in the next 10 days. Just want comfort food all night. Not caved though and no packs left for today x

Tonsillitis got the better of me. I'm so weak and in so much pain :( I'm going to eat something soon. I have been given 80 antibiotics today by my doc so hopefully by tomorrow I will feel a bit better to go back to SS 100%. I feel like I'm failing but I need to do whatever to feel better again. X

I got poorly after a couple of days don't think of it as failure think of it as necessity, you need to have your head in the game for ss'ing and being poorly and trying to ss, nah! Give it a few days of food and then come back, as I said in my post on your main forum post, keep posting here and as soon as you're better start again. Get better soon x

Thank u so much. I feel much better now x

Hey jade.. How are you feeling today? Hope you are recovering...
What other shakes u found and liked?! I'm just having a mint choc one and its lovely!!!

Xx

I liked chocolate, mint choc and vanilla, think they are the only ones I tried because I've drank a few vanilla and some soup, got lots of flavours left to try. Much better today, the antibiotics have kicked in now so hopefully I'll be fine today thank u x

Just about to do the school run, going to leave having any packs until I get back, don't want them all too early again. Bit gutted I only bought 1 porridge, it's what filled me the most lol n yes like a weirdo I enjoyed it lol. Did an unofficial weigh this morning and I'm 13st 12lbs so that's 2lbs off in 2 days, would have been more if I hadn't eaten last night I reckon... 5 more days of SS'ing now to shift a couple more lbs :) x

Having half a banana shake for breakfast, it's not as rich in flavour as the vanilla or chocolate ones but still, nice. Think I'm going to split my 4 packs into 8 drinks today and see how I get on x

Not long since had my other half of banana shake and still felt hungry so reluctantly made up half of a mushroom soup and surprised at how nice it is :) x

Glad to hear your feeling better...

So I wnt shopping today and my friend kept banging on and on about lunch! To the point she drove me nuts.. The only place there was to eat was like a bagel place so I ended up having half a salmon and rocket bagel.. Even then she moaned why I had left half of it!

So now I'm home just having my second shake! Won't obviously have my meal because of the mishap! Eeeek xxx

Aww at least it's a good thing you can skip your meal if you have a misshap. I ate last night after my 4 packs :( some people just don't understand the whole diet thing. My other half feels like I'm not 'here' anymore cuz I don't eat and drink like I used to and only on day 3! Starting to think this plan isn't for me.. Maybe I will do it til I get down to 12 stone range then go back to slimmingworld so I can enjoy meals with the family again. I cooked tonight for them as I didn't want to get all lazy so when the time comes to cook I can't be bothered lol.. X

Aww at least it's a good thing you can skip your meal if you have a misshap. I ate last night after my 4 packs :( some people just don't understand the whole diet thing. My other half feels like I'm not 'here' anymore cuz I don't eat and drink like I used to and only on day 3! Starting to think this plan isn't for me.. Maybe I will do it til I get down to 12 stone range then go back to slimmingworld so I can enjoy meals with the family again. I cooked tonight for them as I didn't want to get all lazy so when the time comes to cook I can't be bothered lol.. X

That's what I finding hard. I miss sitting down as a family and going out to places. Food is a big part of our life and I'm depriving my whole family. After 2 more weeks I'm going to loose the last stone maybe a bit more doing 900-1000 cals a day x

I know Sw inside out I was going to become a consultant at one point but I didn't drive sadly. I think I will go back to that after I've lost the majority of the weight on this plan. I used to be nearly 17 stone and my heaviest when I was pg was 19st I came alone way to get to 12.7st but I've crept back up to 14 that's why I wanted a fast fix and chose this plan Before it got worse :( Seems every time I get to 12 something I get stuck so want to just reach target n say yay I did it! lol. X

Back