Jaly's SF Maintenance Diary!

Status
Not open for further replies.
mrsgosling3 said:
I'm so impressed with how much your eating has come on in the last few weeks xxx

I couldn't agree more. What a difference a few weeks make. So much healthier to eat proper meals. Well done Libby, you're doing well xx

Ouch indeed! That's ALOT of money. Can you not get it done on the NHS at all?

How is your cold? Hope its improving. I wish mine was :(

Sorry to hear about the tooth dilemma Libby....gosh..the same price as my cruise!?!

I had an accident when I was about 15. Cycling along with a group of friends and a v large (american) car came zooming along this country road and the only way I could avoid it was by cycling into the one in front. Went straight over the handle bars and face down onto the road. Broke off a half of one of my teeth at the front so I was left with it looking like a dagger. Then fell really ill so had to spend several weeks in bed and by the time I was able to get to the dentist I had a wopping great absess in the root... very painful! So now have a denture which is just on a metal frame which latches onto a couple of side teeth as I just couldn't get on with a full plate. Funny thing is nobody seems to notice it at all.

Hope you soon get yours sorted properly.

Jaly said:
Thanks so much :) Dentist wasn't too bad, they took imprints though which I HATE having done :( Feels like you're eating plasticine -.-"

A permanent tooth will cost in the region of £2000-£2500 though, ouch!

I was quoted that too hence the reason I have a bridge :-( It works well enough, just that it can be prone to falling out & there are only so many times the dentist can cement it back in.
Good luck though, teeth are a frigging expense!! xx

Had lunch early as I have a dentist appt at 3 and they're probably going to take an imprint for a new tooth-brace so don't want to eat at 'lunchtime' :)

I've eaten the same amount today (at 11am!) as I would have in an entire day sometimes a couple of months ago, shocking :p

Breakfast: Apple, 2 slices wholewheat toast, one with ex. light philly, one with olive spread
Morning/Lunch: Tropical fruit salad (I used to hate watermelon but I think the taste has grown on me!), Cheese and ham panini
Afternoon: Weetabix oat bar, Nectarine, Muller light
Dinner: 3 fish fingers, mash made with SS milk, swede, carrots
'Dessert': Pear
Supper: Porridge with berries

Had a very fruity day today :) 12 portions of fruit/veg!

Exercise: 1 1/2hrs walking, 90min karate lesson (wasn't too active today though)

1600cal again :) Though, I'm thinking this is maybe 100-200cal short of what I should be eating on days where I do a lot of exercise? Hmm.

Sorry to hear about the tooth dilemma Libby....gosh..the same price as my cruise!?!

I had an accident when I was about 15. Cycling along with a group of friends and a v large (american) car came zooming along this country road and the only way I could avoid it was by cycling into the one in front. Went straight over the handle bars and face down onto the road. Broke off a half of one of my teeth at the front so I was left with it looking like a dagger. Then fell really ill so had to spend several weeks in bed and by the time I was able to get to the dentist I had a wopping great absess in the root... very painful! So now have a denture which is just on a metal frame which latches onto a couple of side teeth as I just couldn't get on with a full plate. Funny thing is nobody seems to notice it at all.

Hope you soon get yours sorted properly.

Ouchie! :( Glad it doesn't get noticed though :) No-one seems to really see that my front tooth is fake unless they pay really close attention to it fortunately.

Well, fresh air from the walk to school seemed to do the trick :) Not really got much of a headache anymore, yay! ^^

Breakfast: Cranberry + Raspberry muller light, small pinch of cornflakes, Apple
Morning: Nectarine
Lunch: Carrot and Coriander soup, Ham sandwich on brown bread
Afternoon: Weetabix oat bar, Apple
Dinner: Chicken stirfry with mixed veg
Pudding: Low-cal mango and passionfruit jelly + light cadbury chocolate trifle (yummy!)
Supper: Toasted teacake (we have no jam or marmalade so I had to eat it plain.. typical!)

Exercise - keeping myself motivated to stay at school for an extra 2hrs to exploit the free gym usage was a mission, in the end I had to justify it by the fact I've lugged my trainers/workout gear around all day, I may as well just stay at school for a bit longer :p

Just over an hr of walking, 5min jog on treadmill, 10mins on step machine, 5min rowing, 5mins exercise bike, 5mins elliptical

Last edited:
Glad you are starting to feel a bit better. OH has had the same cold as me since waking up on Sunday morning (when mine started too) but had the last two days off work sick and now feels fine. Grrrrr. *Generic men and illness grumble*

Ah, it sounds like its better to go for the option you feel most comfortable with then, even if its costs more, its not nice to feel self-conscious about your teeth.

As regard eating more when you are exercising - sounds like you might be right. Have you checked what your basic daily calories used without exercise is? Maybe some drinks with calories if you don't feel up to eating anymore might be an idea?

Grr indeed, fancy having the sympathy the guys in my family get when they have man flu! Must be in our maternal instincts for us to wait on them hand and foot when they're ill! Or maybe I'm just too gullible for my own good :p

I have 3 choices with regards to my teeth, removable denture (which I have now), implant and a bridge which fixes to the two teeth next to it BUT it does damage those teeth in the long run, hmm.

I've tried a few cal calcs but get a generally different result from each one - I think 2000ish is the guideline for a moderately active teen, so.

Does sound like the implant is the better option, then, with your tooth.

I really can't talk about men and illness is reality - I can be a bit of a bloke when I am ill! In terms of feeling very hard done by and moaning anyway. I don't "do" being taken care of. Ever. Even less when I am ill. I pretty much just want to become a recluse that doesn't have to interact with anyone or anything apart from a kettle and a remote control. Fortunately OH is pretty similar and doesn't require being taken care of particularly when ill, so we have just seen very little of each other for the last couple of days!

Yeah, 2000calories is usually the generic amount stated. Maybe just try and up it very very gradually. You've made huge progress on what you are eating and are doing great. I think its pretty hard to get your head around eating a higher number of calories consistently when you have restricted it for so long. I have been looking into the 5/2 fasting diet (where you eat a very very low amount of calories 2 days a week and then eat whatever you like the other 5 days) but the idea of eating the 2500 odd calories it suggested on the "normal" days was kind of terrifying after several years of restricting what I eat :/

I was looking at the

Glad you are starting to feel a bit better. OH has had the same cold as me since waking up on Sunday morning (when mine started too) but had the last two days off work sick and now feels fine. Grrrrr. *Generic men and illness grumble*

Tee hee - the *Generic men and illness grumble* really made me giggle, especially when the OH, who has just recovered from *the worst cold in the world*, (naturally) asked what I was laughing at!

Does sound like the implant is the better option, then, with your tooth.

I really can't talk about men and illness is reality - I can be a bit of a bloke when I am ill! In terms of feeling very hard done by and moaning anyway. I don't "do" being taken care of. Ever. Even less when I am ill. I pretty much just want to become a recluse that doesn't have to interact with anyone or anything apart from a kettle and a remote control. Fortunately OH is pretty similar and doesn't require being taken care of particularly when ill, so we have just seen very little of each other for the last couple of days!

Yeah, 2000calories is usually the generic amount stated. Maybe just try and up it very very gradually. You've made huge progress on what you are eating and are doing great. I think its pretty hard to get your head around eating a higher number of calories consistently when you have restricted it for so long. I have been looking into the 5/2 fasting diet (where you eat a very very low amount of calories 2 days a week and then eat whatever you like the other 5 days) but the idea of eating the 2500 odd calories it suggested on the "normal" days was kind of terrifying after several years of restricting what I eat :/

I was looking at the

I agree! I mean, 2000 seems like loads! ^^

Not sure yet what's for dinner as Mum's probably cooking :) Had a feedback session with my tutor and all of my teachers think I'm doing well in lessons and have no concerns which is always a good thing to hear I suppose, lol :p

Breakfast: Nectarine, Porridge (made with water)
Morning: Apple
Lunch: Banana + Cheesy pasta
Afternoon: Sugar-free jelly
Dinner: Mince in tomato sauce (bottom of lasagne, the pasta on top had gone funny in the freezer!), Egg, Peas (180g worth, there was a split in the bag, oops!)
Dessert: Frube + summer fruit trifle (yummy!)
Supper: Toasted teacake with olive spread, walkers baked crisps

E: walk to/from school, 20mins dancing on Wii

1700-1750 cal :)

Last edited:
im subscribed :)
food looks nice and healthy :)
xxx

Not sure yet what's for dinner as Mum's probably cooking :) Had a feedback session with my tutor and all of my teachers think I'm doing well in lessons and have no concerns which is always a good thing to hear I suppose, lol :p

Breakfast: Nectarine, Porridge (made with water)
Morning: Apple
Lunch: Banana + Cheesy pasta
No surprises there for me.. But yes, always a good thing to hear :) xx

Jaly said:
Didn't get the job at the stationary shop, not overly fussed though, I have better things to spend my Saturdays doing although the money would've been nice! :p Time to get applying elsewhere I suppose!

Aww, that's a pity, the money would have come in handy. Never mind, I'm sure someone else will snap you up. Their loss, someone else's gain :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back